We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserva Nacional Rio Los Cipreses

#2 of 22 things to do in Rancagua Features Animals
Rancagua, Chile
+56 72 229 7505
Website
Save
Review Highlights
A great side trip to visit the Andes while in wine country

We visited as a side trip while traveling between Colchauga and Valparaiso. The staff was a great... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2017
jeffre7773
,
Louisville, Kentucky
Cannot enter due to fire risk

We travelled to the park. Beautiful drive up the mountain. Could see snow covered peaks of the... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2017
Jeanne S
via mobile
Read all 122 reviews
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Overview
  • Excellent55%
  • Very good38%
  • Average5%
  • Poor1%
  • Terrible1%
Travellers talk about
“the river” (3 reviews)
“parrots” (6 reviews)
“camping” (5 reviews)
LOCATION
Rancagua, Chile
CONTACT
Website
+56 72 229 7505
Write a Review
Reviews (122)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Language
  • More languages

1 - 10 of 12 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We visited as a side trip while traveling between Colchauga and Valparaiso. The staff was a great help and pointed out some great trails to see views of the valley. Nice!

Thank jeffre7773
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

We travelled to the park. Beautiful drive up the mountain. Could see snow covered peaks of the Andes in the distance. In arrival we were told we could not enter the park due to The fire risk. The visitor center is beautiful with friendly staff-...More

Thank Jeanne S
Reviewed 11 January 2017

A must see for nature and parrot lovers! The breeding cliff is impressive, the scenery beautiful. Nice for driving around, pick nick, some hiking and perfect for parrot watching. Although the best shots you will get before entering the park where big groups fly over....More

Thank Grace I
Reviewed 14 November 2016

En paro. If that means nothing to you now it will when you arrive. During our 3 weeks in Chile they have all been on strike but at other parks, you can just walk in and do the basics without services, appropriately. Here you can't...More

Thank 2FriendlyManitobans
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Really beautiful place with its waterfall and river across the mountains. I went by car with no problems, you can actually camp there.. There's a parrots Tricao reservoir. I really recommend to people who wants to go for a different place in the weekend from...More

Thank Cristian_Varas
Reviewed 29 February 2016

In a rather remote location and you will drive several miles on gravel roads to get there. However was well worth the effort - spectacular scenery and a number of marked walks from the main road through the park which was helpful.

Thank Niel01
Reviewed 16 October 2015

undiscovered jewel! I haven't heard about it, but when I asked about things to do near Termas de Cauquenes, we have discovered this excellent place. There are 2 roads that leads to the park, the road besides the Thermas of Cauquenes (is a road of...More

3  Thank Rodrigo V
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We spent a day exploring the Reserva Nacional Rio de Los Cipreses with our family, including our three boys 9, 7 and 2.5 years old. We took a picnic lunch and hiked the Los Puemos trail. The trail was hilly but relatively easy going (took...More

1  Thank WeylandFamily
Reviewed 4 September 2014

try to enjoy this place in fall, spring, or winter, summer could be very very hot, in that case there are some waterfalls and creeks to refresh yourself. You can do camping, barbecue, trekking, etc, etc, very nice park.

Thank AbeBi
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Chilean national parks are varied in their accessibility, quality, and general service to visitors. The Río Cipreses reserve is surprisingly well appointed and managed by CONAF, the Chilean Forest Service equivalent. The road to get to the park is rudimentary so I would recommend a...More

8  Thank 2010-Urbi-et-Orbi
Nearby
Nearby Restaurants
Delicia China
164 reviews
.95 km away
Klaus Salon de te
78 reviews
1.22 km away
Fuente Millan
73 reviews
1.26 km away
Berezi
30 reviews
.84 km away
Nearby Attractions
Estadio El Teniente
92 reviews
1.30 km away
Iglesia San Francisco de Asis
26 reviews
1.10 km away
Tour Sewell
405 reviews
1.49 km away
Ask a question
Questions & Answers
Jeff S
5 December 2015|
Answer
Response from Rodrigo V | Reviewed this property |
Hi Jeff! I did it in a Toyota Corolla, the road is asphalt 80 % and the other 20 % is in excellent condition, use the Coya road, don't use the road behind termas of cauquenes, is 100% dirt and even mi car did it without any... More
0
Votes