Top Attractions in Area de Conservacion Guanacaste
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Far and away one of the best tours in Costa Rica!! The property is pristine and has great views of the wetlands. Mariana was a great start to the tour, taking us through the property and explaining the history as well as how they process sugar cane. We then worked with a lovely lady who taught us how to make corn tortillas. It was so fun! Plus, we got to taste various uses of sugar cane along the way. Our last stop was rum making with Roberto. He is so knowledgeable about the entire process and makes it fun throughout the tour. At the end, you can make your own rum infused with various ingredients to take home. He was so great and even helped me come up with a creative name for my rum. I would do this all over again in a heartbeat!!Written February 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- John Wayne and Alex the best tour guides in Costa Rica because on the way there, we got the narration of the entire countryWritten August 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We save the best national park for last - Santa Rosa, the day before we flew back to the USA. We didn't make our reservation until the night before and learned to our utter dismay that the park is closed on Tuesdays. We got there too late in the day our last visit to Costa Rica. And this was probably our last visit to Costa Rica so I cried I was so disappointed. We drove slowly along the road to the entrance, but they wouldn't let us stop to birdwatch so we were tremendously disappointed. I still rated the park of very good because I'm sure it would have been had we been able to visit it!Written February 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was our destination for a great guided kayak tour set up by Hotel Punta Islita. Dry season meant we put in an hour from Ocean and paddled both ways... easy, beautiful and informative.Written March 13, 2020
- These very small islands off shore within the National Park are lovely for snorkeling, kayaking and a bit of hiking. The water is clear, warm and inviting. On the way down from the hill tops, you had to sit and slide down as the gravel is very fine and loose. Lots of tropical fish to see and study as well as picture perfect blue skies. A lovely morning in natures best.Written December 10, 2019
- great track, lots of undulation with greens running around 11.5
plenty of creativity and routes to the green complexes. fantastic layout, awesome views!Written February 2, 2020
The most Amazing Tour Guide ever!
He spent the entire day educating us on Costa Ricas food, culture, weather, terrain, animals and so much more.
He wouldn't give up until he found us a Toucan and Britt candy.
Five Stars Gino!Written September 11, 2022
- Eric was proactive in reaching out to me when the baby turtles were hatching which I really appreciate. He scheduled a guide to meet me and everything was very organized. I would use him again to organize future trips. He was very helpful in his communication (telling us what we should bring, etc..).
1. Leave extra time to get down to Ostional as the road is not good right now. If Waze says 1 1/2 hours... give yourself 2 hours.
2. Make sure you wear bug spray (there were lots of biting bugs on beach).
3. See if Eric can get you an english speaking guide if you don't speak spanish.
4. It is slightly chilly before the sun rises but gets warm quickly so a light cover up is good and tie around your waste.
5. It may be raining so pack a light rain jacket if you have one.Written October 25, 2022
- My daughter and I did surf lessons, and they were amazing. We were picked up by boat on the beach in front of our resort and were brought to a beautiful beachy area. The lessons were amazing, and we were able to surf for hours. Sergio and his captain were kind, thorough, and made the day really special. I highly recommend them, especially you are beginners like us.Written January 2, 2023
- BOOK THIS!! From Texas and I’ve been fishing many times across the US, this is the best fishing experience I’ve ever had. I had to do little to nothing and seeing that I don’t know how to do anything but reel was very nice. We caught black tuna, Mahi Mahi and Sailfish in one trip! They cut up the mahi mahi on the boat for us and served it to us with fresh fruit and other marinades and dipping sauces. These guys are the REAL DEAL and know exactly what they are doing. Also a BLAST hanging out with them. This was not just the highlight of this trip but probably the best experience I’ve ever had on a vacation. Even if you don’t like to fish, go! We saw multiple schools of dolphins, all kinds of bird and sea turtles! BOOK IT!!Written January 11, 2023
- When I arrived at the airport in Liberia, I had no transport and checked the website of Mr. JHONNY ROJAS and offered me a good transport price, very friendly and good transport service, thank you very much, 100% RECOMMENDEDWritten February 12, 2020
- John Wayne was great to deal with from beginning to end. He was informative, honest & totally down to earth. Exactly the kind of person I want any of my excursions while travelling to start with.
I met John Wayne on my first day at Secrets Papagayo, he wasn’t pushy, laid out the options and gave me few days to decide what I wanted to do. I opted for the JetSki excursion. It did not disappoint at all. If you want to be able to fully enjoy the excursion and all that it offers, I recommend doing it earlier in the day as opposed to the afternoon. Regardless of the time of day, it’s still an amazing experience.
All and all, it was a kickass way to spend a few hours!
Thank you for everything John! Pura Vida!Written January 24, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Area de Conservacion Guanacaste
- The best day trips from Area de Conservacion Guanacaste according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Miravalles Volcano and Waterfalls from Playa Hermosa
- Miravalles volcano Tour and Waterfalls from Playa Flamingo
- Santa Rosa National Park & Liberia City Tour
- Miravalles Crater and Waterfalls from Tamarindo
- Miravalles Volcano Private Nature Tour with Hot Spring
- The most popular things to do in Area de Conservacion Guanacaste with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- GoSouth Adventures Costa Rica
- Hacienda El Viejo Wetlands
- Sea Star CR Sport Fishing and Adventure Tours
- Transmila Transfers & Tours
- Parque Nacional Santa Rosa
Area de Conservacion Guanacaste Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 4:13 a.m.|