Bodies of Water • Beaches
Top Attractions in Playa Potrero
What travellers are saying
- We spent three days in Potrero. The only thing that stopped us from being a five-star experience was the sand color. It sounds like a ridiculous thing to criticize, but the brown sand although very soft, almost resembles mud. Other than that, there are some wonderful restaurants in the area, And if you have a car, it is fun to go to Playa flamingo and up to the high-end restaurants in Las Catalinas. We truly enjoyed our stay.Written December 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful beach. We got married here in April 2022, so quiet in high season for such a lovely beach. I’m sure we will return again!Written August 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jennifer and Chip were the best!- super friendly and responsive!! We really enjoyed meeting them both and picking their brains about local restaurants & customs. We rented 2 gas golf carts. They were both in great condition! So happy we had them to explore the area with. If you are staying in the Flamingo/ Potrero area I highly recommend hiring golf carts from this company!Written August 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We've used Costa Rica Wet and Wild to book three trips during our stay at Playa Potrero and if we had more time here I would book even more! Justin is absolutely wonderful - he is so responsive and had great recommendations for me (it was an extended family trip for all 13 of us and finding something for such a large group is not easy). We booked a trip to Palo Verde, a fishing trip (where my husband reeled in an 48 lbs amber jack! among others) and a catamaran snorkling trip and all of these were wonderful. The pickup was prompt, transportation was clean, the guides were great. I cannot recommend Justin highly enough and will definitely be reaching out to him again to help me plan more family adventures next time we are here! So if you are looking for a great, reliable tour operator that gives you personal attention and answers all your questions - look no further!Written August 1, 2022
- Once again we had the pleasure to sail with Captain Jack ,and again it was all we hoped for ,he found us a good snorkelling spot ,saw mating turtles ,jumping rays and porpoise all in the peace of only the wind in our sails . For a intermit sail call Jack .Written November 25, 2021
- It was such a wonderful day out there together with Chris.
He provides you with everything you need. Even with a video right after the dive :). The equipment is brand new. Never had that before.
He also owns a guest house right next to his dive shop which is also brand new and super modern.
We can totally recommend to stay and dive with Chris.Written May 3, 2022
- My 6 year old did 2 weeks of the summer camp and loved it! She doesn't speak Spanish and had very little experience with swimming in the ocean but by the end of the week she had learned a few words in Spanish and was comfortable playing in the ocean and going on boats (the camp counselors speak english too!). We will be coming back for summer camp next year! Thank you CRSC!Written August 24, 2022
- Booking with Tour Guanacaste was my best Costa Rican experience! I was highly impressed with how quick they helped me to organize the tours for my whole family. The tours were all punctual and the guides kept everyone entertained. We saw so many of the sights on our wish list and it was so relaxing not having to find our own way around! We definitely recommend this booking system and will book other tours next time we go!Written May 2, 2022
- This was one of our favorite days of the trip!! From the moment our family of 6 arrived on the boat we knew we were in for a treat! The crew (Nick, Lucas and Alonzo - not sure about spelling:) were so friendly and welcoming and made us feel right at home. They made all kinds of drinks for my adventurous young adult children and the snacks and lunch were delicious. They make the boat have a casual, stress-free and comfortable vibe f(with our teens also controlling the music!). We enjoyed the cove where we did the SUP and some snorkeling
It made for a very special day of sailing and relaxing and enjoying our family time. . The ride back with the sunsetting was magical. I would do this again and definitely book a private trip with Pacific Soul. Thanks y'all!!Written June 12, 2022
- Realest in the game. Very quick responses and amazing tours, anyone visiting the Potrero area needs to try out his tours!Written May 21, 2022
- These buggies are perfect for the roads in Costa Rica. They are so fun to drive and we'll maintained. Vic and his tour guides are so knowledgeable. We saw remote beaches, local fruit stands, monkeys and much more. Pura Vida.Written September 12, 2021
- We arranged three tours through this company and were highly satisfied. We visited mangroves, did a catamaran tour and went to palo verde. All with two young children.Written August 21, 2022
- This was a great studio overlooking the ocean. Isabella was a great teacher and had a wonderful vibe. I would recommend this studio for anyone looking for a beautiful studio with amazing views.Written December 8, 2021
- Absolutely, an awesome day! Highly recommend this tour through Captain Tom (whom we've used every time we've been to CR). We're a family of two, 59 year olds and 29, 28, and 26 year olds. We were picked up by Carlos early a.m., an excellent guide and driver, stopping for a pastry and coffee on the way. Upon arriving in Vandara, we mounted gentle horses to ride to the zip lines (excellent runs and assistants). We also, watched an ox grind sugar cane to make brown sugar, sampled the local coffee and pastry by an "old" baking technique, and slid on a thrilling, water slide. We thoroughly enjoyed lunch made from everything on site. Also, we had a volcanic mud bath then walked into the most beautiful, natural, spring lagoon to swim and experience the waterfall. A few of us also opted for a 15 minute back massage while the others swam in a naturally heated, hot spring pool enjoying a cold beverage. After Vandara, we took a short drive to the Volcan Miravalles which was fascinating watching the steam pour out of the earth. I'm an animal lover so on this tour, I saw peacocks and at Vandara toucans and green parrots. It was a very full day and definitely worth every penny. Go see Captain Tom, he'll hook you up on the zip line tour!Written March 29, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Potrero
- The best outdoor activities in Playa Potrero according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Playa Potrero on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Playa Potrero according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Zip Line and ATV Adventure
- Waterfall, Blue River & waterslide private tour in Guanacaste
- Beach-mountain & Sloth Refuge Buggy Tour
- Private Full-Day Local Waterfalls Experience in Curubande
- Half-Day Sport Fishing Tour from Flamingo Beach