What travellers are saying
- This won’t be the most picturesque beach you’ll ever see, but if you want a really uncrowded beach next to a sleepy little town or boutique hotel this is it. Great for walking or riding some small waves and seeing some of it still with local beachfront homes, unspoiled by development.
Tip: You’ll need sandals in the mid day sun as the black sand gets hot! :-)Written April 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- At beautiful Penca beach there is a lovely guy called Ricardo. He makes various delicious drinks with fresh coconut, fresh pineapple, with or without rum, as you prefer. We got a pina colada in a whole fresh pineapple. blended on site with rum, Easily sufficient for two people, perhaps to share with a third, under the shade of the big tree while looking a the beautiful view. He speaks good English but it was fun for me to chat a bit in Spanish to practice. He is there seven days a week from morning to sunset, which of course is a perfect time to visit and try and see a green flash as the sun disappears over the horizon.Written March 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Chip and Jennifer made renting a golf cart so easy! They delivered it to the property where we were staying for the week and then picked it up on the last day. The golf cart was very handy for running to the local market and pick up a few items needed. We also used the golf cart to go into Flamingo for dinner. Much more affordable then renting a car that would not be used that much.Written July 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The instructors are all excellent and create a calm, beautiful environment. The classes are so well crafted to integrate breath, movement, and soothing music leaving one feeling like they have been allowed to deeply enter into themselves and the energy around them.
Martin provides excellent instruction on breath and movement.
Sharka crafts an artistic deeply soothing hatha yoga class that is truly memorable.
Isabella teaches with heart and strength instilling confidence in the student.
Shelley's class is highly recommended.
Louisa MWritten February 19, 2023
- Great workouts. The trainers are great! Open air gym with equipment. The trainers walk you through exercises and then you work you way through the sets with the encouragement of the trainers.Written March 8, 2020
- On a recent trip to Playa Potrero, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, I was hoping to find some Pilates classes. Luckily, the nice folks at Colores Del Pacifico told me about Lauren's classes in the area. I took both a group class and a private lesson with Lauren and both were excellent. I have had several different teachers in the US and Lauren was definitely one of the best I've ever trained with. Not to mention, the environment couldn't have been any better (ocean view, ocean breezes, etc. : ) Under Lauren's expert instruction, I was able to do a few things that I had never been able to successfully do before in any class, with any teacher! And we had so much fun doing it as well! The next time I come to Costa Rica, I will definitely plan things around Lauren's classes. I don't want to miss the opportunity to learn from her again! Definitely recommended for all levels of experience from beginner to more experienced. She is fantastic!Written March 9, 2016
- Chris is amazing! Don't hesitate, you will receive a one of a kind ocean experience. His infinity pool for pool part of training is gorgeous. My son, 12, enjoyed every part of his SCUBA certification, he was well looked after! He even got to swim with sharks, which was on his bucket list. Thank you ,Chris, for such a wonderful experience. We will be back!Written November 7, 2023
- Our experience as a family was great! The house accommodations superb! The ATV excursion second to none! The service that Andrea and Justin provided was awesome! We will recommend Playa Potrero to our friends and family! --MarianaWritten November 19, 2023
- Abriendo Mendes is a local non profit that educates local children, men and women so they can find jobs. The Shop sells crafts made by women from the immediate area. Erin, the shop manager can tell you all about the organization and help you choose items for your friends and family. Also, you can enjoy a delicious meal across the street at Sol y Mar!Written February 12, 2016
- Wanted a great workout for approx 45 mins and Crossfit suited my needs. I went to the 7am fit classes during the week and 8.15 sat for 2 wks .Which I could I been there longer I sure would have increased my fitness level . Suits ever level of fitness and great encouragement from coach Harry . This is an open air gym with fans to help cool you down . All necessary equipment there for your workout . .See you next year .margaret h.Written March 23, 2023
- OMG!!!! Lucas, Alonzo, and Justin were top tier PHENOMENAL!!! We had a blast and I cannot WAIT to come back!!! The best experience and knowledge!!!Written November 11, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Potrero
- The best outdoor activities in Playa Potrero according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Playa Potrero on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Playa Potrero according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Sunday Funday Party Bus - Beach and Pool Hopping Crawl from Tamarindo
- Zip Line and ATV Adventure
- Beach-mountain & Sloth Refuge Buggy Tour
- Rio Celeste Waterfall and Sloth Sactuary Private Full-Day Tour with Lunch
- Half-Day Sport Fishing Tour from Flamingo Beach