Top Attractions in Kalpitiya
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- lovely beach , my guests really enjoyed this place and this is such a clean beach! Kalpitiya is ideal for honeymooners as this is quiet location and not too over crowdedWritten May 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good location lot of activities to be done around the area. They have a pool, kayaking very friendly and accommodating staff etc recommend. Food is a bit priceyWritten September 25, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This old church is worth a visit to relive the life of the Dutch Settlers. Interesting burial tablets inside the church tells a story of the Dutch pioneers. Urgently needs preserving for the future generationsWritten August 7, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful, quaint little church. Well looked after and worth a visit if you are in Kalpitiya.
The wooden structure still is in good condition even though the adjacent grounds could be better maintained.Written September 4, 2019
- This Hindu kovil is close to the Kalpitiya beach. This is a village kovil. The Friday poosai is popular.Written January 8, 2020
- Beautiful place. Les crowded compared to other beaches in Sri Lanka. A great place for kite surfing, diving and dolphin watching tours.Written February 16, 2022
- My dive experience was great! I got certificated and had fun. Everyone is so supportive and professional.Written January 29, 2023
- We had a fantastic trip, awesome location, great staff and instructors. Exceeded our expectations in every way. Will be back soon.Written September 22, 2022
- Had an amazing time! It’s a great accommodation and an incredible spot to Kitesurf! There’s a lagoon but also the opportunity to kite at sea in front of the accommodation! Even do a downwinder back to the accommodation! The kite staff is amazing! They put a smile on your face and are happy to help without even asking! They are really there for you and big fun! The kitchen staff is also very friendly and helpful.
Wish I could stay longer! But maybe a next time!Written January 29, 2023
- It's not a first kite school(station) I visited. And with 100% confidence I can tell it one it is definitely one of the best if not the best one. Wind conditions were pretty good - this mean we were able to kite 70% of time. Logistics organized in extraordinary way - the rescue boat is always ready and there is one instructions that his only duty is rescue/help for students. Instructors are very experienced and patience. My wife took her beginner course here and started to ride in a week. I just rented the board and even for me the station stuff was always glad to give advise and help with launching/landing and helping after some mistakes.
Bottom line - highly recommended kite school and place! (They also has well maintained small hotel and very tastful dinner. Don't miss)Written August 26, 2022
- Chamara Fernando is the single best guide I have ever had in many years of extensive touring literally all around the world. He helped us plan our itinerary, suggested extremely helpful changes, met us at the airport and both gave us a fantastic experience of this amazing island and sufficient space to enjoy ourselves on our own.
We were safe, extremely well directed, and he always went the extra kilometer to provide thoughtful, outstanding touring. There were so many cool extras that just worked perfectly, and we had the opportunity to experience a stunning country even while it was (is) going through serious challenges. We passed long petrol lines but never had to wait in any of them, as he had figured out where to find diesel. We felt safe and secure but had many excellent adventures all through this fabulous nation. When we needed a Pcr test before we headed home he arranged it, no request was too complex, etc.
We learned a great deal from him about Sri Lanka’s history, religion, politics, incredible fruit, foods, regions, cricket, music, culture, agriculture, and much more. He’s a great guy to be around, and his graciousness is truly extraordinary.
You cannot find a better guide to this amazing place, and you should come and hire him.
We saw everything we wanted to see and more, he is always helpful, thoughtful, valuable and discreet, funny and charming and Omni-capable.
We will be back and get him again!Written May 29, 2022
- I paid a deposit for Hotel to Travelicious. They didn’t book any of the hotel that I had requested for in Delhi, Agha, Banaras and Jaipur. When I called Mr. Gupta the manager of the company, he said to pay in Banaras and everything will be paid from now. Even though he said that everything will be paid for I still had to pay for the hotels and his driver took us to the middle of nowhere on the highway on a very hot day and started to demand money. He said it was an order from Mr. Guptha to pay more money or get out! So, we had no choice but to payt., I report to police , I am very upset and angry as to how this company treats their customers. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE! , please dont use this company ,email me for more email@example.comWritten December 9, 2017
- Thanks to Raju and his team, we managed to see more than hundreds of dolphins closed up as possible. Raju's professionalism, experience, and knowledge were helpful to enhance the experience we had as he made sure to not to chase the dolphins or disturb their routines. While Raju tried to exceed the expectations of his clients he was equally conscious of the environment. I enjoyed the boat trip, will never forget the experience. I highly recommend Raju and his team for dolphin tours in Kalpitiya.Written January 18, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Kalpitiya
Kalpitiya Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 9:43 PM|