- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
72 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- This park is nearby my in laws house, and we usually make a walk there a few times during our visit. It's nestled by the river, has wonderful paths for walking, jogging or bike riding. There are wonderful play areas for children, some modern art for adults, and a fairly new sports pavilion that includes beach volley ball! There is also an amphitheater where events are held thru the year. There is also a lovely snackbar and cafe as well!!Written August 8, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The monastery is located on the left bank of the river Ave, in the lower part of the city of Santo Tirso. It was founded by D. Unisco Godiniz and her husband Abunazar Lovesendes, first lord of Maia and ancestor of this family, in 978, according to a document published by D. António Caetano de Sousa.
In the 15th century, the monastic church was built for the benefit of Martim Gil, count of Barcelos. This church still has some archaeological remains.
The current parish church was built in 1659 - 79, with a project by Frei João Turriano, son of a Milanese architect, Leonardo Turriano. The date of 1679 is inscribed on the eardrum, which hypothetically represents the end of the construction of the church.
The monastery has been classified as a National Monument since 1982.
You can visit the church, and the other part is a school now, with some change you can park near the church.Written October 5, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It worth the visit. This museum is very recent. Great architecture by Siza Vieira and Souto Moura. Public sculptures all over town. Just go.Written March 2, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A really impressive place. Generally it must be said, that the north of Portugal is a non touristic area. So if your are looking for typical local people and places, you wil be here at the right place. But please don´t tell, otherwise it will change .....Written September 6, 2017
- Celtic hillfort dating back to the 10th century BC. Different periods of occupation, from Late Bronze to early mediaeval, with a necropolis from the 10th century AD. Well preserved, magnificent oak woods, peaceful place and astonishing views.Written June 26, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Santo Tirso
- The best outdoor activities in Santo Tirso according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Parque Urbano Sara Moreira
- Mount Nossa Senhora da Assunção
- Parque Dona Maria II
- Parque Urbano da Ribeira do Matadouro
- Parque de Lazer de Nossa Senhora de Valinhas
- The most popular things to do in Santo Tirso with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Santo Tirso on Tripadvisor
Santo Tirso Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 12:59 AM|