Cemeteries • Religious Sites
11 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- worth the 20mins its not a hard walk, easy trail around back too, cool structures on top and if you want to go full on RC, do the stations of the cross.Written October 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We purposefully went to Alnor’s Bakery this morning to purchase bread. If you’ve not enjoyed coconut Bahamian bread, you are missing out! Lorena was there baking and visited with us while my husband gobbled up his chocolate cake. She is the dearest woman you could ever meet! We also purchased nutmeg biscuits and a coconut dessert bar. Everything is wonderful and fairly priced. We will definitely return! ❤️Written January 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Affable owners Patie (Chef) & Dean (Bartender) are a pleasure to be around. If you are an easy going person that enjoys the simple things in life, you will love Dean & Patie's little slice of paradise with one of the best waterfront views you'll ever see, a place where seafood comes right out of the water to your plate after Patty does her magic in her "She Shack." While waiting for your food to be prepared, you can enjoy a beer or drink with Dean while treating your eyes to the view. If you are looking for some fancy dining, this isn't your place! Da Pink Chicken is a simple place where you can enjoy good fresh food and a drink with good company. You can literally watch Patie remove your conch from the water, work her magic for your prep request, and set it on a plate in front of you. Do you know anywhere else you can see that kind of service?Written June 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cat Island is beautifully untouched. We stayed on the southern side of the island Port Howe and the water is crystal clear turquoise water. If you are looking for a touristy location then this is not for you. They have a few boutique hotels which are nice. There is no crime and the locals are very nice. There is no traffic and you drive on the left side of the road. You will need to rent a car to get around the island. The gas as of 12/2/22 is around 10.00 a gallon and to purchase groceries are a little expensive because they need to be shipped in. We ate at Hidden Treasures and can not say enough about how the food was delicious… resort quality! We went to the blue hole on Dicky road… peaceful and beautiful - full of turtles and dragon flies. The beaches at McQueen are absolutely beautiful and some fish swim right up to you. This side is the Caribbean side and more calm and crystal clear turquoise water. You can also have fires on the beach and on the map they say that you might see some skinny dipping in the ocean. You can go on the east side of the island where the Atlantic Ocean is. This is where you will find strong waves and pink sand beaches. The island is peaceful you do not hear traffic or the noise of others. There are no see ums and they say to have a fire and cut a coconut in half and throw it in and that will keep them away. If you want peace and tranquillity then this island is for you!Written December 2, 2022
- Nice place for a sunset cocktail. View is even better at the top where you can over look the turquoise waterWritten February 11, 2020
- When our original charter was cancelled due to the pandemic last summer, we wondered if our 5-day sailing trip for our 20th wedding anniversary would ever happen? Thankfully our booking agent was able to procure Captain Dave Calvert and his chef, Steve, for the late July trip. Adding to the uncertainty of the pandemic was Hurricane Isaias, which looked like it could be a direct threat to our sailing adventure. In the end it all worked out and was hands down the best trip we have ever taken. While storms were raging (literally and figuratively) all-around us, we were able to completely unplug and get away from the crazy chaos of life for a few precious days. We ended up taking our 3 kids (ages 16, 14, and 11) and they had the time of their lives! Captain Dave was so knowledgable and a wonderful host who always did his best to accommodate anything we needed. We snorkled, swam, ate amazing meals, fished, checked out islands, and learned a lot about saiing. Steve was an amazing chef, who kept us laughing with his stories!Written June 7, 2021
- I asked Captain Reynold if we could target Mahi Mahi and he and First Mate Charles delivered!! We had an awesome morning with two wonderful Bahamian Gentlemen!! Thanks so much for the memories Captain Reynold and First Mate Charles!!!Written April 18, 2023
- Captain Top Hat is lovely. He greeted us with fresh melons and provided the special gift I got for my family to have a day bonefishing. He is friendly and attentive. Our 5 year old son had a lot of fun. It was a long hot day but he surely made it great for a great father and son day. Thank you! For this reason, I give him 5 stars. Bring water and snacks you will need them!Written August 11, 2021
- We chartered the Destiny for a day sale with a family of nine. We found the boat to be very nice it is very well-kept. We sailed to Moriah cay , snorkel a bit there, Been as we really wanted to spend more time on the water we sailed for 4 to 5 hours enjoying the beautiful scenery and the boat. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Lunch was made by the crew it was a very well done taco bar. Wine fear and soft drinks were also provided. I would highly recommend this company. The crew we had Rob and Anya were very knowledgeable and helpful, they both could have been a little friendlier , but we Would definitely do the trip again, and recommend itWritten July 3, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Cat Island
- The most popular things to do in Cat Island with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Cat Island on Tripadvisor
Cat Island Attractions Information
|Friday 8:07 p.m.|