- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
112 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 112
What travellers are saying
- If you’re staying in any of the hotels in “Playacar” gated community then I definitely recommend to visit this plaza. It’s a short walk from most of the resorts and it offers variety of local shops to buy souvenirs. It has a Starbucks as well as a couple of local craft beer bars. I noticed the prices are a bit higher than the 5th Ave or even the airport shops but you can always ask for discount ;)
There’s a bike/scooter rental inside the plaza to go to Playa del Carmen via the gated community. They have a GPS system so don’t worry about losing the bike!Written May 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed our stroll through this mall on our way to the ferry, it has some nice stores and the outdoors is nice, with a little cover from the architectural design.Written September 22, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This spectacular art gallery of the famous Gastón Charó is a MUST see if you visit Playa del Carmen, It is perfectly nestled onto the 5th avenue with the most beautiful original art work that you will be happy to have to taken the time to visit. A true gem.
The artists art work is unique, creative and inspiring but also has many other invited local artists whom share his beautiful gallery.
It is just simply the best Art Gallery in Playa del Carmen and you will be welcome by the kindest staff while being inspired by the beauty of it all.
CanadaWritten August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a 5 minute walk from the Lupita beach bus stop. It’s worth stroll around if you are close by. A couple of bars and restaurants a souvenir/ grocery shop and some other small tourist shops. The shops are more expensive than in town but also not that much more and depending on what it is you can barter a bit. There is a lovely space out the back with palm trees, some statues, and a playa del Carmen sign. We went a couple of times for some snacks and souvenirs as it was convenient and quiet.Written July 16, 2022
- there is everything you need to find. affordable. store for you sim card, groceries, clothes, food court, restaurant, money exchange. lots of taxi and the bus stoppes there also.Written March 24, 2020
- If you came in Playa del carmen not just for relaxing and you want to go shopping, this is a place for you to visit. Lot of stores with famous brands. Prices are the same like in other countries.Written August 8, 2016
- This was beautiful and attractive, if we mean the same thing, of course! Nice art and colorful Mexican styles.Written March 4, 2018
- It is super clean, the food court does have a variety of different food to choose from and there is a cinema, it is a very simple mall.Written November 4, 2019
- To be exposed to art in places like Playa where people are there to mainly party or shop for trivial things, feel good.Written February 27, 2018
- While shopping in Play Del Carmen and looking for some unique gifts, we came to this shop. The place is dazzling! It's a blast of color soon as you get to the front door and once inside, Wow! We spent a lot of time there as there is so much to look at!
I wanted to also learn more about how the pieces are made, it's quite fascinating actually. Everything made with tiny beads and there are symbols in the designs that are very interesting and tell a lot about the Mayan people. The larger items can be expensive, but they are spectacular. For the average person, or a tourist taking home souvenirs - like me - there are plenty of small examples of this artwork for you to buy and take home like fridge magnets, small animals & wall hangings for example. I recommend you at least see the place, it's unbelievable.Written January 9, 2020
- Best place to buy art ; full of excellent paintings and fine art photography ! Highly recommended . I will come back for sure. The art is excellent quality and inexpensive .Written February 13, 2018
- If you are in Playa and miss the Art walk (Caminarte) on a Thursday evening, don’t despair. Head to 16th St. between Fifth and Tenth Avenues any day and you will find several artists displaying their fine work.
During a recent visit, I had conversation with Irina, one of the exhibitors. Most of her work depicts stylish women. Or, is it the same woman? There were other artists focusing on different themes. The photos accompanying this review are works from more than one exhibitor.Written December 16, 2017
- There is a lot of parking which is rare for Playa, it is great for big groups everyone can choose what they want to eat and there is also a water park for children. It isn’t a typical market it’s more like an outdoor food court, but there is a great variety!Written October 29, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa del Carmen
- These experiences are best for shopping in Playa del Carmen:
- Cirque du Soleil® JOYÀ Admission Tickets
- Playa del Carmen Shopping Tour Fifth Avenue and Mamitas Beach Club
- Contoy Explore the ecosystem and nature in the Caribbean from Playa del Carmen
- All in one Magic Mexico
- Tour Chichen Itza Departure Playa del Carmen
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Playa del Carmen:See more shopping for groups in Playa del Carmen on Tripadvisor