Architectural Buildings • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Admission tickets from C$8
Speciality Museums • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Admission tickets from C$19
Nature & Wildlife Areas • Zoos
Admission tickets from C$19
Showing results 1-30 of 1,330
What travellers are saying
- Third visit in 20 years. Still enchanting with so many species of butterflies and moths in a tropical setting.
Ticket agent was a bit snarly when I asked about a CAA discount that she said only lasted one week. Full price for one adult was almost $20 CAD including tax. Parking is $5 on top of that.
The staff inside the live exhibit itself were friendly and helpful. I wish they would be more assertive with stupid visitors who think they have the right to pluck butterflies off flowers for their own pleasure. If I were in charge, anyone who did that would be kicked out immediately. Respect nature!
Definitely did not like the photo taking at the beginning of the exhibit and the forced departure through the gift shop. Both of those experiences bookending the exhibit felt like an extra money grab that takes away from the genuine beauty and charm of the place. I could be interested in the gift shop naturally. Don't force me through it.
Mid November was an ideal time to visit because it wasn't very crowded.Written November 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was an amazing place, the whole family loved it. I have never been somewhere where the animals are so tame and willing to approach for carrots. It is like the West Midlands Safari park (U.K.) on steroids. We did two laps round the safari loop and were there from 10 -6pm. An amazing day, one of the best days on our trip. Just take lots of carrots. I think we used up 7 bags of carrots but we loved feeding the animals. The animals were very keen for carrots in the morning (to the point they were waiting by the first cattle grid), the last loop before closing enabled us to see different animals such as the free running wolves and the moose since the park was quieter and cooler. The deer still wanted carrots but it was a calmer experience!Written September 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is well worth a visit. The guides around the zoo were very friendly and informative . There is a lot to see so make sure you have enough time. This is a must visit if in the area.Written November 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ben did a awesome job driving us to the glacier. I would recommend, it was once in a life time experience. It was much better then even expected. Everyone working here was so kind.Written October 3, 2023
- It is in an older building but does have an elevator. The rooms are all nice. The big aviary is very nice. A wide variety of birds.Written October 8, 2023
- This road is pretty nice. There are great views. It doesn’t take a lot of extra time as it runs parallel to the highway. And I saw a bear. Pretty nice.Written October 8, 2023
- An absolutely electrifying experience! It was surreal! We've never see animals like these ever before, and in such a close proximity. The feeding tour was thrilling while the sweet lady fed the animals she also gave us so much exciting information about the animals, they had such an amazing bond! I highly recommend visiting, especially with kids. They also give these small packets of pellets which you can feed the friendly donkey, bunnies and llamas. The kind old lady who owns the place was very welcoming and sweet.Written October 31, 2023
- I had always neglected Sunshine Meadows on my way across the Rockies for many years until last summer - don’t make the same mistake.
Sunshine Meadows is an absolutely stunning place. The views are amazing and so are the hikes. I think you could spend days hiking the area but if you’re coming a for a day, you’ll find plenty of suitable places to visit.
Be sure to bring enough water and snacks because there is no store once you leave the upper station of the gondola and it can get very hot up there.
Truly an amazing place, definitely recommend.Written November 15, 2023
- The view and the lake were breath taking. Air was crisp and clean. Just perfect setting. Weather was spitting snow so it made for a perfect fall day.Written October 14, 2023
- I enjoyed my visit to the Conservatory. It was $5.50 and really worth twice the admission charge. It consists of a tropical garden/jungle with various species of birds from warmer and more humid climes. It was interesting and educational and suitable for both young and old. It is accessible, however it is possible that those with breathing conditions may find the humidity oppressive.Written November 2, 2023
- This is a lovely spot for some scenic hiking. I did wish that I had worn my hiking boots, rather than sneakers, as the trails are quite rough, but it is a really pretty area and you can get right down to the river for some lovely views. There is quite a large iron staircase to get to any of the hiking areas and we found the signage a little confusing at times, but it was a lovely way to spend an hour or so while visiting Niagara Falls.Written November 5, 2023
- If you really want to enjoy the views and pristine shores the ideal time to plan your trip would be June or mid-Sept. We last visited the Grotto early in August and it was too crowded to enjoy. Even May or October would be nicer. A wetsuit is handy if you want to swim; the water temp doesn't really warm up but on a sunny day, and especially after a little hike, it can be refreshing. Some of the beach areas are in small coves or bays and the water warms up there a bit. Parking for national and provincial park sites must be reserved online ahead of time, so plan your day accordingly.Written August 14, 2023
- Great views. Went on Squirrel trail and Observation point. Could use more signage on trails, maybe with colour coding?Written October 24, 2023
- It is definitely worth the time and the small fee to drive there rather than taking the highway. There are lots of pretty viewpoints and tons of short and easy walks accessible for anybody of any age. You can drive though without stoping or you can take hours to explore every little waterfalls, bridges and hikes.
Note that the speed limit is 40 km/h, so be PATIENT ;)
The two ladies at the entrance (Jenna and Diane?) were simply lovely and charming. Being greated by them was the best way to start our day!Written October 10, 2023
- This is our 10th time at VBN and Chalet Loess.
We love the area and the mountain bike trails.
Check in at Shannahan is open until 9pm now which is great.
We usually ride Sentier du Moulin Friday afternoon and then head to VBN for the next 2 days.
The chalet is getting old but in good shape. There is a new bike wash station which is AWESOME! Also more parking spots.
The trails have seen a lot of rain this season but the trail crews are always working to repair them. Neilsen North and South are always great and La Legende is unique and spectacular.Written August 21, 2023