Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Banff National Park
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Was originally scheduled Friday but because of zero visibility, staff was kind enough to suggest and let us come back the next day and even gave us a discount. Great experience! Great customer service! Highly recommended!Written November 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Moraine Lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks is breathtaking and one of the top spots in Canadian Rockies. Definitely, walk up the Rockpile for the best views. A walk along the lakeside trail is also special. Unless you go well into the low season, you'll have to take either the park shuttle or a private one.Written November 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Icefields Parkway is one of the most spectacular drives I have experienced. Glacier fed lakes and alpine vistas around every curve. Take your time, relax, and soak in the beauty. We made lots of stops to take it all in including a photo or two.Written November 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Along with Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, Peyto Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in Banff. There is a short trail with a few ups and downs to get to the viewing platform, but it is well worth the effort.Written November 22, 2022
- Unexpected stop here but was really nice walk by the river and falls. Unfortunately the upper falls were closed so limited how far we could go.Written October 30, 2022
- Unbelievable scenery, wonderful views from all around the lake! Clean, fresh air, and a simply beautiful spot to either watch the world go by or hike around. A must visit for anyone in the area. The best time to go would be at sunrise where you can watch the majestic colours emerging from behind the mountains and then reflecting in the waters, a truly magical thing to do!Written November 11, 2022
- We loved our stay in Banff National Park. The beauty is mesmerizing. We stayed 4 nights and we could have stayed much longer. It is relaxing and a perfect commune with nature.Written November 18, 2022
- Fantastic walk… but wear walking boots. It starts off gently alongside Lake Louise but does increase gradient steadily although not as steep as the alternative tea house walk. When you get to the cute tea house I would recommend pushing onwards up to the viewing place which is quite a lot extra but so worth it! The walk back down is very slippy as on loose moraine. You can see Piku if you look very carefully. Reward yourself with a delicious cake at the tea house ( compost toilets also available). If you have time it’s possible to go along to Lake Agnes and that tea house rather than retrace your steps. Best walk we did!!Written October 10, 2022