Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Banff
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- You will not want to miss the experience of taking the gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain. The sights are amazing! The interpretive centre is very well set up with lots of interesting information. The cafe has lots of coffee options so you can grab a cup and head outside to enjoy the stunning sceneryWritten December 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed the drive through beautiful landscapes with a dusting of fresh snow. The lake was not yet frozen, so its turquoise colour contrasted beautifully with the white snow.Written November 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We hiked from Buffalo St, walked over the bridge and hiked the trail. It took us about 1 hour to go to the viewing point and back. Lots of stairs and steep climbs, but worth the hike!Written October 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even though you may not be going to Jasper, a day to drive up to Parker Ridge Trail is a MUST! This was our best family hike of our trip - not too much of a work-out to get amazing views! The beginning of the trail is steep, but it's so beautiful that you don't think about it. Don't wait or debate, just do it!Written August 25, 2022
- Get off the chair lift and enjoy an easy, one-hour (with multiple stops for photo ops) trip through the meadows and back down to the lodge. Gorgeous place, highly recommend.Written September 17, 2022
- It is an easy hike, without having to leave Banff. The trail starts from Tunnel Mountain Road. The climb is not difficult, about 300 meters ascent. It took about two hours in total. It wasn't crowded at the end of October. The views of Banff from the top are beautiful, just as well as of the mountains on the other side during the climb. An easy and rewarding hike when visiting Banff.Written November 17, 2022
- Such an amazing drive, beautiful scenery! Entire 3 weeks never saw a bear though so gutted ha ha . Roads and pull over view points are all fantasticWritten October 30, 2022
- The heart of the town of Banff... it offers a great selection of restaurants, shops and services, so this is the place to head to when in Banff when needing to eat, shop, or ride a bus. Understanding that Banff receives a large amount of visitors (domestic and international alike), average prices for food and shops tend to be higher than what you'd expect to see in Calgary for example. But overall a very scenic and useful street, and an obligated stop when visiting Banff.Written November 14, 2022
- An excellent way to get around Banff and surrounding area at very little cost. Convenient, on time, easy to useWritten October 5, 2022
- Great centre with lots of information on the local beauty spots, walks and bus services. Banff has great bus services and lots of places to eat and drink in an amazing setting surrounded by the Rockies.Written September 30, 2022
- Pretty nice walk along the lakes! Very scenic and absolutely worth the time. You can park near train station for free and walk thereWritten September 20, 2022
- It's great to learn about nature and how it works around us. Wish there was more length to the Tunnel and they would have charged people for N95 Masks to wear while inside the cave. Be prepared, i almost gagged and vomited on the premises, it was Super Stinky. Overall more room for improvement but otherwise superb presentations in this Natural Historic siteWritten October 2, 2022