- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- When I visited there were three main themes: a bird art exhibition, tourism history, and the Whytes own paintings. All were great visually. I was a bit disappointed in the tourism one as the view broadcast was: "we came here and we found this and now will bring everyone to see it." Little concern about those who were here for 10,000 years and knew all about it.Written September 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The staff was excellent, our rooms were comfortable. I enjoyed the atmosphere, watching elk graze a marmots sing in the morning :)Written June 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you like architecture its very beautiful. If you have a pass you should go, learned some science stuff. It can compare to the museum of Nature bird floor in Ottawa.Written August 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wandered here from out hotel and was very pleased. There are lots of interesting exhibits to explore and simply seeing the log fort construction was worth the walk. Staff was very friendly.Written October 31, 2022
- Absolutely love this gallery. We have bought many things over the years from jewelry to paintings. Service is outstanding. I am in Edmonton and watch their emails, in case I see something I want! I bought a painting last month, delivered to us promptly and well packaged and safe on arrival!Written November 8, 2021
- Just happened to see this as we were exploring Banff Avenue downtown Banff. Really enjoyed the photography and the displays.Written June 10, 2022
- Awesome gallery with beautiful photographs by a clearly patient and skilled photographer. Don't miss it!Written July 23, 2023
- Wonderful place to stop and view portraits of Canadian art, collectibles, and Inuit art. It has 3 galleries with an amazing array of art- wonderful place that is a must see for art collectors.Written July 8, 2021
- A real treasure. All of the family’s original things. Lynne the docent was welcoming and so knowledgeable. What a fun find. Donations appreciated. This family was a big part of Banff history. Daughter had 4 college degrees and lived in the house until her death 1994 or 1995. She set up a foundation to preserve the house and history. Amazing family.Written June 9, 2023
- Tucked away in the lower floor of Glyde Hall is this great place that exhibits amazing contemporary art. The halls are very spacious with great lighting, and they get fascinating shows in. We were at the Banff Centre to take in the Mountain Film Festival, and popped in to see was on offer. Staff were helpful and friendly, and very campy exhibit really complemented the films at the festival.Written November 18, 2018
- Lot of variety and very clean place. They sell lot of nice stuffs and we bought few items as gifts from them.Written February 6, 2020
- Visited this gallery late summer 2019 when it first opened in the morning. The selections available in the gallery are varied and interesting. All seemed to be of high quality. The owners were friendly, interactive and very helpful. There is a fine selection of black and white photography produced by one of the owners. The experience was excellent. This is certainly a gallery that is well worth a visit and not to be missed when you are in Banff.Written December 26, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Banff
- These are the best places for kid-friendly museums in Banff:See more museums for children in Banff on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking museums in Banff:See more museums for couples in Banff on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly museums in Banff:See more budget-friendly museums in Banff on Tripadvisor