Points of Interest & Landmarks • Historic Walking Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 41
What travellers are saying
- The main avenue in Banff is both cute and also crowded. Just about every place on the main street is either a souvenir shop, a restaurant, a bakery or an ice cream shop. Now and then we saw some street performers. The evenings are quite crowded with everyone out and about for dinner. All in all, in spite of the crowds, it had an overall quaint feel.Written September 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There may have been another way in, but I did have a big scramble up the stairs to enter through the front door. There were long lines inside, but eventually I got to the desk and asked my questions. They had maps, brochures and the answers to questions.Written September 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Four of us recently used the ROAM transportation to get from Banff to Lake Louise. It was so easy to book the tickets on-line and it all was a very smooth process. We bought the super pass so that we could go to both Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. No problems at all and reasonably priced!!Written September 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very educational and historic location. The views along the boardwalk were nice and the walk was easy. Since it is a natural hot spring area; espect some sulfur smell.
We did the Sundance Canyon hike afterwards and it was NOT worth the time to get there.Written September 11, 2023
- When I visited there were three main themes: a bird art exhibition, tourism history, and the Whytes own paintings. All were great visually. I was a bit disappointed in the tourism one as the view broadcast was: "we came here and we found this and now will bring everyone to see it." Little concern about those who were here for 10,000 years and knew all about it.Written September 16, 2023
- The staff was excellent, our rooms were comfortable. I enjoyed the atmosphere, watching elk graze a marmots sing in the morning :)Written June 5, 2022
- If you like architecture its very beautiful. If you have a pass you should go, learned some science stuff. It can compare to the museum of Nature bird floor in Ottawa.Written August 27, 2023
- Wandered here from out hotel and was very pleased. There are lots of interesting exhibits to explore and simply seeing the log fort construction was worth the walk. Staff was very friendly.Written October 31, 2022
- Absolutely love this gallery. We have bought many things over the years from jewelry to paintings. Service is outstanding. I am in Edmonton and watch their emails, in case I see something I want! I bought a painting last month, delivered to us promptly and well packaged and safe on arrival!Written November 8, 2021
- I attended the SIO meeting at the Banff art center. It is an amazing place, in a majestic setting. Very courteous staff, clean, comfortable rooms. Everything ( meal places, conference in close proximity.We took the Banff Airporter shuttle from the Calgary airport. Very reliable service, comfortable buses, kind very nice drivers, always on time.
Great experience, Thanks, Dr Agnes HorvathWritten September 19, 2023
- Just happened to see this as we were exploring Banff Avenue downtown Banff. Really enjoyed the photography and the displays.Written June 10, 2022
- We went to church on a Saturday evening, and appreciate the mass being later. It was a nice service, and is a pretty building.Written February 10, 2020
- Wonderful place to stop and view portraits of Canadian art, collectibles, and Inuit art. It has 3 galleries with an amazing array of art- wonderful place that is a must see for art collectors.Written July 8, 2021
- As a relatively frequent visitor to the Bow Valley, I discovered the wonderful deep tissue massages at Cedar and Sage. Recently I had a massage with Liljana. My body was sore from various activities, but Liliana bypassed those immediately as I entered the room. Her intuition immediately picked up that I was suffering under a huge emotional load, and began to address that issue. The experience was unlike any that i have ever had, but a huge burden was lifted in that session. Much negative energy was released. She immediately gained my trust and began to heal my soul. I have visited two subsequent times, never quite knowing what to expect, but always walking out much better than going in. I am very much looking forward to my next experience, whatever it may bring.Written August 26, 2023
- A real treasure. All of the family’s original things. Lynne the docent was welcoming and so knowledgeable. What a fun find. Donations appreciated. This family was a big part of Banff history. Daughter had 4 college degrees and lived in the house until her death 1994 or 1995. She set up a foundation to preserve the house and history. Amazing family.Written June 9, 2023