- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 51
What travellers are saying
- One should not pass this experience. We travelled as a multigenerational group/family (Kids, parents and grandparents), so this is a great choice of activity that everyone would enjoy and really appreciateWritten September 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just a highlight of the day. Gorgeous views and very peace inspiring to breath and enjoy the day. Where possible make sure you get the best quality photos.Written September 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took roam bus 2 to falls but you can walk the trail 1.7 miles takes 39 minutes. Falls are spectacular. There are about 400 or more steps to climb if you want to look at the falls from the top. Falls are very scenicWritten September 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our family of 4 (2 sons in their 20's) hiked this trail. The gondola ride up was peaceful and scenic, and we had the gondola to ourselves as well. From there, we took the Standish chair lift to the top. After some photos at the top, we hiked the trail around all 3 lakes and enjoyed the beautiful wildflowers along the way. Rather than hiking back up to the top to ride the chairlift back down, we simply hiked down to the top of the gondola ride. This allows you to hike slightly downhill rather than uphill, and is an easy hike. Before taking the gondola back down, we had a burger at Trapper's, which was delicious. Highly recommend this hike and meal afterwards.Written August 24, 2023
- The main avenue in Banff is both cute and also crowded. Just about every place on the main street is either a souvenir shop, a restaurant, a bakery or an ice cream shop. Now and then we saw some street performers. The evenings are quite crowded with everyone out and about for dinner. All in all, in spite of the crowds, it had an overall quaint feel.Written September 10, 2023
- Beautiful scenery but not much wildlife. Long slow drive up the parkway was relaxing but a but boring compared to previous reviewsWritten September 3, 2023
- From downtown Banff, we walked in the direction to Tunnel Mountain, hit Grizzly Street and turn right. Continue walking for 500m and you will see the trail head near a car park.
It is an easy hike up the 1,692 meters Tunnel Mountain. I took 70 minutes to the summit and rewarded with a stunning view of Banff and Bow River. We had our lunch at the summit with views that is simply panoramic. I took 40 minutes to get back down to the trailhead.Written September 16, 2023
- There may have been another way in, but I did have a big scramble up the stairs to enter through the front door. There were long lines inside, but eventually I got to the desk and asked my questions. They had maps, brochures and the answers to questions.Written September 16, 2023
- Four of us recently used the ROAM transportation to get from Banff to Lake Louise. It was so easy to book the tickets on-line and it all was a very smooth process. We bought the super pass so that we could go to both Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. No problems at all and reasonably priced!!Written September 21, 2023
- Don't just do the lookout from the highway; do the scenic drive just below. A few nice stops to get the best views of the Banff mountain range and lakes together.
We did not go during sunset as the weather was not great but I imagine it would be incredible.Written September 11, 2023
- Free and beautiful. The flowers are gorgeous to view. Just park and walk right in. Worth a visit in Banff. Quiet and peaceful.Written September 17, 2023
- Very educational and historic location. The views along the boardwalk were nice and the walk was easy. Since it is a natural hot spring area; espect some sulfur smell.
We did the Sundance Canyon hike afterwards and it was NOT worth the time to get there.Written September 11, 2023
- Spectacular view but can get crazy busy. Have some patience and it will be worth it. Go to the upper platform first and then stroll along the trail along the road afterwards to get pictures including the water below.Written September 11, 2023
- When I visited there were three main themes: a bird art exhibition, tourism history, and the Whytes own paintings. All were great visually. I was a bit disappointed in the tourism one as the view broadcast was: "we came here and we found this and now will bring everyone to see it." Little concern about those who were here for 10,000 years and knew all about it.Written September 16, 2023
- Worth a drive or take the bus to the Hoogoo view point for great views of the river below.
Very scenic drive just outside town.Written June 22, 2023