What travellers are saying
- The views are breathtaking! The gondola ride is smooth and simply incredible! Can’t wait to be back during summertime! Thank you!Written December 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I started this hike at around 10 AM. The parking lot was not full, although there were a little over 10 cars, so I found a parking spot pretty easily. For the first 15 minutes or so, the trail is surrounded by trees. Once you go up a bit, the views open up and you can see the panoramic view of the Icefields Parkway, Mount Athabasca, and Hilda Peak.
The trail gains its height with several switchbacks but it gets steeper fairly gradually, so even if you haven't done many hikes before, take several breaks and use hiking poles if needed, and you will eventually reach the top of the hill.
The trails gets fairly flat on top of the hill, and soon you will be encountered with the amazing view of the Saskatchewan Glacier in the far distance, which is the largest outflow glacier in the Columbia Icefields.
When you encounter an intersection, do NOT go right, as you will lose the view of the glacier. Instead, keep going straight or if you want a better view of the glacier, go left by following the yellow markers. In less than 10 minutes, you will see the complete view of the glacier with nothing blocking the view.
I personally think this trail can be classified as "family friendly." My parents who are 65+ years old also did this hike with me. They had to take several breaks but even with those breaks, it took 1 hour for us to reach the top of the hill and see the glacier and nearly 2 hours to finish the entire hike (including stops for photos). Anyone who has done lots of hiking should find this trail very easy and should be able to finish the hike way less than 2 hours. FYI, my parents used hiking poles but I didn't find any need to use them, although you may want to use them when there is snow on the trail.
This hike is a MUST if you are visiting Banff/Jasper because the trail is short and not steep but you can enjoy an amazing view (You cannot see the Saskatchewan Glacier on any road). You can also combine this hike with another if you are able and time permits. I did this hike in the morning and then Big Beehive hike at Lake Louise in the afternoon on the same day, and it was totally doable.
P.S. When I came down to the parking lot at around noon after hike, there were TONS of cars. Arrive well before noon if you want to get a good parking spot.Written August 12, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent hike worthy of the effort required on a very difficult trail. The initial climb up Cory Pass is long and steep after which the pitch flattens some although still a ways to the summit. The trail is poorly marked so strongly advise access to online trail app to help stay on track. We did not have such and got off track; luckily connected with others who had such access and made a world of different.
There is a long hike along ridge line with superb views and several rock scrambles including a steep downward section. We are 68 and able to finish the loop although a bit slower than most.
Along with the suggestion to have access to a trail app I would also advise not doing in inclement weather as trail would be very slippery.Written October 9, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Overall an enjoyable experience. A bit pricey, and not something you would do that often. They had really good COVID protocols in place, everything seemed cleaned and sanitized. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and the sleigh ride was quite enjoyable.Written February 22, 2021
- A challenging escape room, but good fun nonetheless. We didn't complete in time (close) but myself and two teenage sons had an enjoyable hour.Written July 28, 2023
- So much fun i highly recommend. We were lucky enough to have Tadhg as our guide, he was excellent. This is something that is fun to do as a local.Written November 30, 2023
- Ronna took the four of us on a super hike the other day. We hiked Sherbrooke Lake. We are fairly rookie hikers. Ronna gave us all sorts of hints on how to hike better, safer, use better techniques, conserve energy, etc. The hike was fantastic. And she gave us all sorts of good ideas for our planning for the following days. I would highly recommend Ronna to anyone looking for a guide in the Banff/Lake Louise area.Written September 9, 2022
- Everything about this trip was fabulous - the location and scenery, the horses, the ride options, the food and the accommodations. But most importantly, the people are fantastic - the guides from Alpine Stables are wonderful and will make you feel comfortable and secure regardless of your riding experience, and the MCs and the other riders make this trip an experience not to be missed. Do not hesitate to book your adventure now!Written November 1, 2017
- I had the pleasure of experiencing an unforgettable hiking tour in Banff National Park with Discover Banff Tours. I booked the guided hike from Moraine Lake to Larch Valley. Our guide Phoebe was exceptional, combining deep knowledge of the area's history with insightful explanations about the local ecology, enriching our journey through this stunning landscape. Her passion and expertise transformed the hike into a unique learning experience, allowing us to truly immerse ourselves in the rugged beauty of Banff. It was truly a breathtaking experience in combination with the vibrant Fall colours and the snow-capped Rockies, which painted a magnificent picture! Hiking poles were provided and the packed lunch was absolutely delicious. I can't recommend Discover Banff enough for anyone looking to explore and gain a deeper understanding of this magnificent location.Written October 17, 2023
- Dave was such a great guide! Extremely knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable with his sense of humor. Safety discussion at beginning was very thorough. Rapids were rated 2/3/4... so enough to keep you on your toes. Thanks again. Definitely recommend. Can't wait to go againWritten August 24, 2023
- Had a great private hike with Jak last week! I came to Banff with limited time as a solo traveler and I wasn’t feeling up to the crowds, large bus tours, navigating/parking, et cetera! A private custom hike with White Mountain Adventures was for sure the way to go!
I was nervous about the “difficult” rated hike I chose, but with Jak’s encouragement, positive attitude and funny quips, we made it to the top of the trail, no problem! So worth it! I knew he had my back the whole way—he reminded me that a slow and steady pace would work best overall. Jak seemed super knowledgeable—I loved picking his brain about the Banff area, Canadian history, the local flora and fauna and his experiences in the backcountry!
I left wishing I had scheduled one more trip with White Mountain Adventures during my stay in Canada. Next time I’m in Banff I’ll be booking again! Thanks Jak!Written October 3, 2023
- Brandon guided our group on a work retreat to do the Via Ferrata and we had a blast! I want to bring my family back here to do it again. Totally the best thing to do in Banff. Need to be a little adventurous though.Written September 20, 2023
- Very helpful staff! They helped my wife and I select the best adventures given her recent injury.
Package prices do save you money, and streamline the reservation process. Give them a call, book online or stop by the store.Written September 27, 2023
- Another great season at Norquay. Love the fact that when you wake up and see snow in town, you know Norquay is where the fun is at. Great staff and awesome terrain. The one down side is most staff seem to have headphones on. Bit of a turn off but all in all, good times! See you next season!!Written May 3, 2023
- It was a first time trying canyoning for me and my partner and we loved it! We would highly recommend:) Our guide was great to chat with, kept us safe and made us feel comfortable with the experience :)Written September 17, 2023