- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travellers are saying
- We were here for a dinner engagement where there were many people attending. There was a "buffet" of choices including Rack of Lamb, Chicken Tacos, and everything in between.
The quality of the food and the quality of the service at this club cannot be beat.Written October 22, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had our annual golf tournament at Heritage Pointe and it turned out to be a fabulous day!
- Wonderful management & staff[friendly, helpful, fun, hard-working and professional]
- Beautiful course & it was set-up well for our tournament
- Delicious food & good service
- A great time was had by all
Shane HomesWritten August 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Play here often. Challenging course for an intermediate golfer. Staff keeps the course in good shape, except for the sand in the bunkers which is often shallow and crusty. Back 9 is super tricky as you need to hit over a gully on 2 holes. Greens are quite good for a municipal course with the exception that many people don't fix their ball marks; come on people, have some respect for the course and for other golfers!!!!Written July 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have not been here in a few years and have been here a few times a week recently. The course is in excellent shape, and to play 18 was done in a respectable amount of time. The kids played the Little Devil 9 hole course and this was also an enjoyable experience for them. The driving range stalls are somewhat close together, and it would be ideal if some sort of shade was available, to even step into for a break from the sun.
One thing I found odd is they don't give change when you buy a Gatorade. My daughter went to buy one for $3.50 and paid with $4 and was told they don't give change because of Covid. I get Covid is very prevalent, but imagine each time a customer pays and the course keeps the change?? I did not appreciate this. There are ways to still properly serve customers and respect Covid safety measures.Written August 26, 2020
- Maple Ridge is a mature and well conditioned public golf course with well maintained greens that includes scenic and challenging holes with a nice variety of terrain. Green fees are very reasonable with discounts for seniors (65+) and the option to play 6 holes for $16 late in the day. Ample putting green and parking. The only downside is the lack of a driving range.Written July 14, 2018
- Nice mature course in the middle of the noisy city. Great greens good turf care. The little things are correct hear. A great place to enjoy a round.Written March 25, 2021
- Played this course Friday and started on 10 due to frost delay. What a great course had a few great shots and several OB. This course is a great place to come and hang out with friends & family for the day. I’ll play again as it was laid out well and easy to follow as to what was your next hole.Written October 21, 2018
- Played here with some friends on a hot Friday morning in July. First time to this golf club, and most likely will be back at sometime in the future. PROS - course was in great shape, good selection of food at the snack shack, good pace of play. CONS - painful checkin (required Drivers license for a golf cart), no GPS in carts, weekend rate not worth it for Friday.Written July 8, 2018
- For my grandson's birthday we purchased some private lessons for him,. He really enjoyed his instructor and also managed to golf 9 holes with him at the end of the last lesson. Each time we came here for a lesson or to go to the driving range, we had lunch together in the clubhouse. Food was always good. Service was also good in spite of the fact that they are short on servers.Written September 9, 2022
- Lots of parking, great practice facility's and also good looking restaurant, the place is overall pretty nice. The course was in great shape for early in the year and I was impressed. Would definitely go back for another round and possibly a meal at the restaurant, club house was nice and the fella inside was friendly. Def 5/5Written May 31, 2018
- We were invited here to the Bearspaw Country Club Restaurant by some friends, and even though it was a long way from where we live, we decided to venture north on Crowchild to see what it was all about. The views here are gorgeous overlooking the golf course.
We also enjoyed very good service.
The ladies each ordered the salmon dish that the server told us her grandma used to make. The guys had the burrito bowl. Mine was with ground beef and my friend's was with chicken. He ordered a side of Jalapenos and I ordered a side of Frank's hot sauce. Both were happily brought to the table.
Beer was cold and the Spicy Caesar drinks were great.
A very enjoyable evening.Written September 8, 2021
- Pretty course and difficult on the front nine but enjoyable. We golfed with a group of 4 couples so golfed in 2 groups of 4 women and 4 men who during COVID have been staying together as families and so safely booked and golfed together. When the marshal started us off were told their new procedure on the greens was you did not take turns putting in but rather putted out your entire turn on the hole which was to both speed up the game and supposedly was safer to maintain the 6 foot distancing guidelines - no mention about the fact we were sitting within a foot of each other in the golf cart. After the first few holes we all thought it was ridiculous to wait while one person putted out which only caused delays on the green and so about the 4th hole opted to go back to the old system of furthest goes first and took turns. We were then cautioned on the next hole - as a marshal saw us - that we needed to go back to their rules which we then did. Then at the 8th hole another marshal told us we were almost 2 holes behind with just 20 minutes to complete this 9 to be finished in two hours so again, we tried to comply but at the end of the 9th hole we figured we were 7 minutes ahead of our two hour time period!! We even skipped stopping at the halfway house for lunch and hurried onto the back nine. To make matters worse, the cart girl came with only one sandwich on her truck! Another marshal (I think the head marshal) came by to see how we were enjoying the course and at first we said oh great (like women do) and then thought, no - we need to tell him we think this new putting procedure was rubbish and slowed the game down and that our husbands were playing the ‘old’ way of putting and were not being told not to. Plus being rushed at the end of the front nine for no reason. He very kindly listened to our complaints and told us to go back to the old way of putting which made sense and apologized for the other marshals but also nicely offered to give us a round of drinks to make up for our complaints. Very nice but still.....they need to re-examine their ‘new covid procedures’ as this certainly left a sour taste in our mouthes feeling rushed and anxious, doesnt provide any covid relief and definitely slows down the game. We finished our round in just under 4 hours but felt terribly rushed. Perhaps they should schedule a few less tee times to space people out if they want to practise social distancing.Written July 11, 2020
- We enjoyed a very tasty Sunday brunch in a beautiful setting.
I ordered the Chorizo bowl which offered a taste of breakfast with two poached eggs on a tangy mix of rice, mushrooms, sausage, peppers and celery topped with salsa and guacamole. The serving was an ample portion and was tastefully presented.Written December 2, 2018
- This was our first visit to this beautiful area in Calgary to do cross-country skiing. We've been sceptical of the snow, because with the winds and warm Chinooks, snow doesn't get very deep in Calgary as a rule. BUT we were here in February, and man were the conditions great! The Nordic Ski Club takes care of the track and they do an amazing job. Also, the terrain, while not alpine by any means, still has a few ups and downs, and isn't boring at all. Our only note of concern was that there were several areas where they had made tracks over top of wire trail markers and we felt that that could be a potential trip hazard or damage hazard to the skis. But nobody else seemed to be concerned, however, and everybody was having a great time.Written February 22, 2020
- Great location and easy to find. Fairly priced ($10 per adult). The course is interesting and filled with interesting side objects like a river and a car. Only giving 4 stars because a few of the holes were fairly repetitive, as in very similar to others. Other than that it was great! I recommend this to anyone who wants to have a great afternoonWritten May 25, 2020