Top Attractions in Kamloops
Nature & Wildlife Areas • Zoos
Admission tickets from C$14.25
What travellers are saying
- Really nice park right on the river downtown but filled with bums and druggies in evening, unfortunately most downtown areas seem to be getting this way these days, but if you avoid the weirdos it's great. I guess everybody needs somewhere free to go too.Written October 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a lovely setting! Just outside of Kamloops in the beautiful landscape. Stopped by around lunchtime for a tasting but the menu in the restaurant looked super good. They were totally booked but we got the tuna poke to go as a picnic! Bought a cold bottle of the Riesling and sat at a picnic table just beside the vineyard. Thoroughly enjoyed both! Highly recommend!Written September 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Although we visited off season it was an interesting visit
I was reluctant to go because of the bad reviews about the animals BUT glad to say that I did not feel that
I feel that it’s a great place to see ALL the Rockies animals in 1 location for the kidsWritten September 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved seeing all the marmots walking the perimeter of the park, and the arena is a great resource tooWritten August 23, 2022
- What a great visit we had at Privato Winery. Lisseth was our wine taster lady and she was very knowledgeable and friendly! I probably bought more wine because of her.Written October 13, 2022
- It was a crazy hot day so we did a fairly small walk around the huge park but it was beautiful and we enjoyed finding some geocaches!Written August 23, 2022
- What fun and interesting how this ferry works. Limited room. Not for anyone in a hurry. Perfect for a leisurely lazy day trip.Written September 14, 2022
- Kamloops is a beautiful city situated at the confluence of two amazing rivers. I've been through Kamloops a few times, but hadn't really connected with this attraction. It's quite an extensive trail system, with its start in Riverside Park. Next. I didn't have enough time to walk its length, but next time I'm in town, I'll dedicate some time to this. The part at Riverside Park is gorgeous.Written September 27, 2019
- Travelers should be aware that admission to this museum is cash or debit only, no credit cards. The indoor exhibit goes into quite a lot of detail about the Kamploops Indian Residential School. But there is also information about all of the bands of the Secwépemc land. Be sure to take time to wander the outdoor trails to learn about pithouses. There is much history, and much spirituality if a person stops to listen. Respect notices when there are bears in the area.Written December 2, 2019
- We loved the field Blend White- the blend just hit all the right notes. Exceptionally pleasant staff as well.Written September 14, 2019
- It was so great to come back to Sagewood Winery today! I shared with Shelley that my now husband and I visited back in 2015 and that I had written the very first trip advisor review!
It was wonderful to see that things haven’t changed - intimate tasting room, great wine, and family is still such a central part of the Sagewood story.
Can’t wait to come back soon (We definitely will not wait another 7 years!! Where does the time go?!?).Written August 1, 2022
- Campground site 83 very nice and fairly private. Can reserve online. Many FCFS sites that are really well treed. The dry area of Kamloops is not indicative of what this park is like. It is very green and has larger size trees with bush cover. The park "turn in 400m" sign was broken off and the entrance sign was covered by a campfire ban notice, so we missed the turn in. The lake is scenic with grass and large spaced out trees and view of Gibraltar Rock lookout. Don't touch the water though, swimmer itch. Has a small dock to fish. Questionable boat launch. Hike up Gibraltar rock was plain until the last climb up. Sunset views were enjoyable.Written August 31, 2022
- Had lunch with co-workers. Food was good, nothing spectacular. Had the fish and chips. Was OK. Would I go back? Probably not for the food. It was OKWritten July 22, 2019
- This is a nice park to walk through but the beach is the best. It's great for dogs who love to chase balls and sticks into the water.Written October 14, 2022
- Such an amazing park right in the city. Great trails for everything. Some trails closed to bikes for hikers only. Can stay fairly level or get after it and gain elevation for great views of the city. The trail to the waterfall has a short section requiring navigating some rocky sections but totally do able and worth it. Even though the park is very popular once you are in it you hardly cross paths with others. Very large park.Written June 8, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Kamloops