State Parks • Canyons
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- This is a 10 - 11 km trail, which you can start from both ends (total round trip is about 20 - 21 km). The road up the canyon is not totally paved, but it is okay. From one end, the road is about 6 km up there (less popular end, but in my opinion the more attractive one) and the other is about 8 km (which is more crowded, probably because the road condition is slightly better). The views are really spectacular, remember to take some water with yourself. You can walk, run, or bike there as it is pretty flat.Written October 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can do a variety of activities here. What we did was just enjoying the spectacular views over the lake during a sunset. There are a couple of nice cafes, where you can dine or have a drink as well :-)Written October 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful park with fun trails. Great views of the city and the lake, tons of parking at both levels. Some spots of the trail get a little steep but otherwise a very enjoyable walk.Written October 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow what a great place to go especially for the kids they can pet the animals feed the animals and really get a great experienceWritten October 10, 2022
- Harley was fantastic today, made me feel very welcome at vibrant wine. The art and wine were fantastic!Written October 29, 2022
- Very nicely done with wooden bridges, small waterwalls, lovely plants and trees. Get to see the water, art installations, and check out the 'fancy' houses. A great way to stroll and can step off to go to the many restaurants in the cultural district.Written October 23, 2022
- I appreciated the wine tasting. They have a decent mix and I liked some and did not like others. The people I was with liked the ones I thought were too sweet.
The view is great. Since it can be a free experience, that ranks high with me.
The pyramid is not much other than a neat thing to look at for a few minutes.
Give it a try.Written July 8, 2022
- This lovely waterfront park is adjacent to the downtown Marina. It is a beautiful place for a leisurely stroll or activities such as swimming, sunbathing, watersports, beach volleyball etc. We also saw an inflated floating playground on the lake for the kids. The park offers a wonderful view of Okanagan Lake. There are a number of restaurants offering a wide choice of cuisines within walking distance. All in all, a great place to spend an afternoon or evening or the entire day.Written August 25, 2022
- My son is about to have a milestone birthday & he & his family have invited me to their home in Ucluelet B.C. to celebrate it with them.
I wanted to get some special wines to honour their generous & kind invitation, & the birthday event.
I immediately thought of Cedar Creek as a good place to have some nice wines shipped from ahead of the celebration.
Aiden was on duty the Sunday I called & helped me select three nice wines, making sure they were shipped swiftly.
I also was very well looked after by its sister winery in the same group — St Martin’s Lane Winery — as I was by EverythingWines in Vancouver.
We will have a good week enjoying those celebratory wines shipped from the three wine purveyors.
Cedar Creek has been part of the B.C. wine landscape for many decades; always impressing with its wines & service.
Posted by S FullerWritten August 14, 2022
- What a lovely winery with great views and character in the main wine shop. The owner is a lovely lady from Netherlands with an incredible story of how her and her husband got into the wine business 35 years ago at this property. Highly recommended if you want something unique and different. And their white wines and rose are incredible.Written September 5, 2022
- Tantalus Vineyards is a must visit in the Okanagan. Their wines are good, especially the old vines Riesling. Recommend keeping it for 5 to 10 years if you really want to taste it at it's best.
The tasting experience is enhanced by a seated tasting (even if there are only 2 of you) and a beautiful view.
If possible get Guadalupe. I have experienced a large number of wine tastings. Guadalupe gave us the best experience to date.Written July 2, 2022
- The family came to this beach because we had about an hour and a half to kill. There is paid parking right beside but you can also find some free parking across the street along some side streets. If you have lots of gear or small children I would recommend using the paid parking.
There are a lot of amenities close by like washrooms with separate change areas, restaurants, and ice cream across the street to name a few. There are also separate areas off the beach for volleyball and other activities, plenty of greenspace for picnics and such.
The beach itself is great with areas for sun and shade. There is also a small playground on the beach. There are 2 zip lines; one along the sand and one off the pier into the water. The water is very shallow and goes quite a ways. As a result, the waves created by boats passing doesn't effect as much so great for kids. There is also a shower area for body and feet which is great to wash off the sand.
Even though we were there for a short time we enjoyed our time there and liked all the amenities there.Written August 26, 2022
- Friendly owner, staff and lunch menu extensive. After a winter hike we had booked lunch and enjoyed a cocktail. The service was outstanding and the lunchWritten November 18, 2022
- I believe the farm is family run they were ALL so welcoming and nice ! They only let certain number of people in to the farm at a time so it is not overly crowded. I suggest go early (like as soon as they open) so you don't have to wait until the group before you finish picking. I highly recommendWritten August 13, 2022
- So while visiting this new-ish Kelowna attraction with friends from Germany, we met the owner of Kelowna mountain and got some inside intel. The main lodge was built in an incredible 30 days... which explains many of the deficiencies like only one working sink in a public bathroom... the rest of the sinks have not been installed yet. Makes me wonder if the building has passed final inspection... but I digress.
The suspension bridges are the main attraction along with the views. People should come here just for that. Stunning views and impressively long bridges. Other than that, there isn't much here. The vineyards are just a couple of measly grape plants, the gift shop is quite bare, there is no food service, the massive Italianate building is empty save for the cheap, Korean made grand piano, the humongous sundial is deteriorating, and the chair lifts are non-functional and only half built... apparently, after starting to build the ski resort the owner realized that this area never receives enough snow (you'd think he would have done a feasibility study prior to construction), so now he is thinking of turning one of the lifts into a gondola. Plus, the paved driveway is full of potholes, not to mention the gravel road one must travel on just to get to the bottom of resort drive.
Apparently, the owner has a 50 year plan for this place. It might take that long to get it to a truly presentable condition. Still, an interesting visit. 4 stars.Written September 9, 2019