National Parks • Hiking Trails
Top Attractions in Tofino
What travellers are saying
- Probably one of the most beautiful places in Canada. A friend called it spiritual, it definitely is awe inspiring. During a stormy day with high winds, the power of the ocean is memorizing. The day after the storm with the sun breaking through the clouds is even more so. Do all the beach walks. The two short rainforest trails are very beautiful. So glad we experienced this national park.Written November 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Chesterman Beach features mikes of golden sand. The Pacific Ocean is chilly with wetsuit-clad surfers if all ages. We went in June 2022 for sunset viewing after dinner before the cougars and wolves. We were there until about 10:00 because the sunset was around 9:00. We actually encountered two cougars outside our in-town Tofino Airbnb upon our return.Written October 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The views are spectacular! I love every second of being on that beach. So much so that my partner next summer is going to go back and get some lessons so we can surf it! Beautiful white sand, lots of space, and dogs were off-leash and running around but not bothering anyone. Just wonderful. We had my 4-year-old, husband, and grandparents with us and we all loved it there. By far my favorite beach in Tofino.Written October 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was wet and icy so we didn’t do the entire loop as it was quite slippery. The forest is serene and definitely recharges the soul.Written November 8, 2022
- Beer and non beer selection was great. Staff were friendly. Sat on their cozy patio. Heaters were a welcome addition.Written December 3, 2022
- Exactly what I hoped a natural hot spring would be. The boardwalk was like walking into another world and the hot spring was just what I was looking for, rugged and amazingly beautiful. If you are looking for a "hot tub" type experience this is not for you, but if you want to experience natural beauty then do not miss this.Written November 5, 2019
- A nice walk to the beach. Quite a few steps but easy to navigate. Very interesting beach and cove. Some good photo opportunities.Written September 12, 2022
- The trail is steep in places but a lot of it is boardwalk. Great views once you get down to the beach.Written October 2, 2021
- Great place to watch the waves, sound of the roaring ocean wave after wave. Lots of surfers, tidal pools at low tide. Nice beach to sit and chill or build sandcastles with kids. Lots of room for dogs and kids to run amuck!Written November 14, 2022
- Whilst on our tour with Remote Passages, we were taken along Clayoquot Sound and other inlets. AmazingWritten July 1, 2022
- A cross between a garden and forrest.
There is a small garden with flowers and plants but much of the site is forest with some sculptures.
There are goats and chickens
It has a small gift shop and cafe.
Worth a visit, fun, lovely and a quiet respite.Written June 22, 2021
- The Big Tree Trail was an impressive hike - more like orienteering - with a small board walk to begin with, about a half hour walk to see some impressively big trees, but for us, we went further on the loop - another two hours, a little muddy, but good hiking shoes held me steady, some step ups and downs over fallen logs. Very pretty and so worth it. Took some decent photos, but the camera was too heavy, and wouldn't take it again. Took the Meares Island taxis over and back and enjoyed a guided history from Vince. Also, well worth it.Written July 2, 2022
- My wife and I have the privilege of owning a number of Mr. Vickers' prints. His gallery is always worth a visit when in Tofino. Styled in a First Nations construction, the gallery is a quiet place of reflection while taking in the artwork. I appreciate the stories told with each piece of art that reveals the man behind the works.Written October 18, 2022
- This was tough but worth it! It took 2:30 up and about the same down. We have no hiking experience but fairly fit and able. Down was harder and a bit scary at times, we went fairly quickly with 1 stops and it still took as long to get down as up.
When we got to the top we couldn’t see a thing, too much cloud cover. 20mins later it was clear. Well worth the hike for the view.
The ground was very boggy at the bottom and slippery then going into a steep incline holding roots to help pull us up. Quite the adventure!Written September 26, 2019
- Recently attended this location. This offers a nice view with its surroundings but nothing out of this world. I see others posted pictures of the canso airplane wreckage, this site IS NOT the location of the wrecked plane, although very not far.Written July 5, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tofino