- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- This straight friendly gay bar on Denman Street offers tasty, affordable food at a most reasonable cost. The other night I enjoyed two pieces of tasty deep fried cod, It came with fries and coleslaw and the cost was an affordable $13.00.Written September 10, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I'm so happy that my favourite head shop is now open to sell cannabis! The new look really celebrates the close relationship with the West End's LGBTQ+ community, at the same great location right at the top of the Davie village beside Los Amigos tacos. The staff are friendly and ready to educate me on the ways I can consume THC or CBD, including edibles and concentrates. They were able to answer all my questions, even whether I can give CBD oil to my dog! I hope they can offer delivery soon.Written April 21, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I am not local, just a tourist. Maybe the experience is better/different for folks who actually live here. Bar Tenders not friendly at all ( only Adam) otherwise they had no interest or welcome beyond " what do you want to drink?" Funny.
The big surprise was visiting on a Friday night 10ish...weekend of Pride. I did expect a line to get in. There was. What I didn't expect was to see the sketchy way folks, who were in line, were pulled to the front ahead of others. Until that is, we saw what was going on. The security was being handled by a group of Irish lads. All but two. Definite accents ( I am Welsh.).
As we were standing in the " second line" ( waiting about 20 mins now) a group of younger Asian girls were ahead of us. Suddenly we see them pooling money and they were joined by one more lady. One of the security guys then pulls them out of line and up to the front and in they go.
We were stunned to see this. We had a feeling that something shady was going on. Other groups behind us pulled and let in. So I ask one of the guys " what is going on?" he says nothing. Another guy says " maybe they are on a guest list?' So I say well maybe I am on it - go get the list. Of course we knew what was going on.
One guy said " hey I am new and just started and don't know anything." LOL.
We left. We have been on vacation here for a month. WE went back the next week and chatted with one friendly local.... We told him of our experience and yes! he did confirm this and other complaints, and some even from the bar tenders who said their tips were down. LOL. The place was not crowed on the night in question and certainly did look over capacity for fire regulations. The local who confirmed our suspicions said that the owner had once said there would never be a cover charge. We don't know 100% if that's true..
I don't mind a cover charge if the Rules are the same for everyone trying to get in...this night clearly this was not the case.
We wont bother with this place again,,,,we much prefer the Met Bar and Grill in New Westminster. Friendly bar staff, blue collar, low key, inclusive.
For BIG miss for us. Perhaps more for locals.Written August 19, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vancouver
- These places are best for gay clubs & bars in Vancouver:See more gay clubs & bars in Vancouver on Tripadvisor