What travellers are saying
- We stopped here on an overcast dry day. Sand was warm, the sea was not freezing. Kids went in for 30 mins. Shame about the oil tankers all over the horizon..Written August 31, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We cycled here, and it was lovely! It was great fun, really peaceful too. Soft sand. Soothing waves. Lots of logs to sit on tooWritten August 31, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love walking along this area. So beautiful every direction one looks. So much to see in this lovely part of the city. The steps are a great place to do a cardio workout while looking out to the ocean.Written December 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great lookout! Parking Lot is also very close by. You Can have a nice little walk along the Beach while enjoying the view on the skyline and mountainsWritten February 19, 2023
- I have traveled to many clothing optional beaches, so that's key context. In general, nude people on a beach bring out a friendly vibe and expressions of delight. Wreck Beach is no different, so my comments below are relative to other beaches, not absolute. If you'll be in Vancouver, and you get good weather, go to Wreck Beach.
It's a clothing optional beach. (HUGE)
It's generally clean
The vibe is positive, and often made more so by THC
Very friendly regulars
Little/no riffraff due to difficulty getting there
It's 475 steps down to the beach
Very limited facilities
The water is cold (Men, remember George Costanza)
It's 475 steps back up at the end of the day
I usually say that the worst part of going to a nude beach is putting you clothes back on at the end of the day. But at Wreck Beach, those steps...Written September 8, 2023
- We stopped here for lunch on our cycle day around the island. It's a lovely beach, lots of tree logs which we used fir sitting. The sea is cold, but that we expected. Soft sand and really peaceful.Written August 31, 2023
- It is so well located that it is hard to believe that you are only a couple of hundred metres from major roads and skyscrapers. It is a pleasant walk along the sand or a well made path. There are life guards on duty and it is a great place to view the sunset.Written September 17, 2023
- Locarno Beach is located on the west side of Jericho Park and gorgeous views of Downtown Vancouver and the North Shore Mountains draw your immediate attention while you wander this very sandy beach..this New Year’s Day found a very snowy destination for us..there were Polar Bear Swim participants and scads of Vancouverites wading through the ankle deep snow…Written January 3, 2022
- The heated pool gets most of the attention, but there is more to see and do. In addition to barbecue pits parking, volleyball, etc., the hiker/biker will appreciate the public washrooms and the concession stand.Written June 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Vancouver
- These are the best places for groups seeking beaches in Vancouver:See more beaches for groups in Vancouver on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for beaches in Vancouver:See more romantic beaches in Vancouver on Tripadvisor