- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Kitsilano is great in itself but also many great amenities surround it.
First, there is a nicely-resourced park, which adjoins it, attracting children year-round.
There are slides, swings, merry-go-rounds etc, as well as some sandpits and open spaces in which kids can make their own play.
There are also places for adults to sit while watching their children.
Kits Beach also adjoins the seawall, which takes one onto a delightful walk, which offers superb views and pleasant side activities, as one makes one’s way around the oceanfront of central Vancouver.
Also adjoining the beach/park area, slightly to the west
is the terrific ocean-view Kits pool, which is open from May to September.
Just up is Cornwall, a street which offers some great places to eat during, and, after one’s day on the beach or at the park.
Stand outs here — both open in the day and seven days a week— are the charming Japanese eatery, called Moltan Roll Sushi, just off Walnut. And it is open during a good part of the day.
It is open weekdays from 12 pm to 9pm with a staff break from 3pm to 4:30 pm, and Fridays to Sundays, straight through the day. It service is impressive and its prices good,
as well as its food being delicious and always fresh.
It is also the perfect place to get takeout sushi to eat on the beach logs, which provide perfectly good seating for eating.
Another place is the Local, just across from the beach and park. It service is good and its staff welcoming —and it also has a kids’ menu.
It is open from 11 am weekdays or 10 am weekends.
Also, almost adjacent is a public tennis court and basket ball court — both free.
So a visit to Kits Beach — all seasons - offers myriad options to watch, walk, play, eat al fresco, dine or just be with nature, be it solo, with family or with friends.
Posted by S FullerWritten October 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice place to get your feet wet and watch the city in action. You can also swim if you're adventurous or very hot.Written August 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love walking along this area. So beautiful every direction one looks. So much to see in this lovely part of the city. The steps are a great place to do a cardio workout while looking out to the ocean.Written December 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This gorgeous park and beach on the Point Grey coastline is mainly known for its collection of wild rabbits, which are apparently the descendants of dropped-off pets some years ago. There's much more to this 47-hectare park and beach, though: everything from duck ponds to athletic courts, picnic areas and the Jericho Sailing Centre, which offers reasonably-priced rentals of a variety of small watercraft from paddle boards to kayaks. Summer sailing lessons were in full swing the day of our visit and the place was packed. We'd considered kayaking but the areas was pretty well windblown.
Pro Tip: the small cafe in the Sailing Centre has incredible views and surprisingly good food. We were on the fence about eating there but noticed a lot of people dropping off their kids for sailing lessons and then catching a bite.Written September 29, 2022
- A lovely beach close to the Universty campus in Vancouver.
After coming down the steep steps I discovered Wreck Beach where the clothing optional signage attracted a group of naturists. There were no facilities, so if you venture down there expect to see sun worshipers seeking an all over tan and take any refreshments you might require. It was quite pleasant experience and with Canada's relaxed laws relating to cannabis sativa I noticed a familiar aroma. However, there was no pressure and it proved a very relaxing afternoon, although if you're looking for golden sands you wil be disappointed.
Oh, and the climb back up the steps is quite a challenge.Written December 3, 2022
- Clean beach, natural log seats, well maintained park is perfect for an Autumn stroll with a friend. Washrooms are available and parking is plentiful. Unfortunately the Cafe was closed, it would have been nice to be able to buy a coffee or hot chocolate.Written November 14, 2022
- As the name makes clear, this area is known for its spectacular sunsets, with the shimmering waters of English Bay helping the sun's last rays dance toward you.
But, lots to do in the daytime, too. Unless you are very energetic, and wish to continue to Stanley Park, I suggest you make this the end of your False Creek ramble, and return east. Before you do, 'though; shoes off and enjoy the sand (no evidence of dog stuff when I was there, thanks parks people), enjoy the view of Kits Point across the water, and marvel at the view to the west. Parking and snacks available, plus some interesting art which deserves its own "thing to do".Written July 24, 2021
- Locarno Beach is located on the west side of Jericho Park and gorgeous views of Downtown Vancouver and the North Shore Mountains draw your immediate attention while you wander this very sandy beach..this New Year’s Day found a very snowy destination for us..there were Polar Bear Swim participants and scads of Vancouverites wading through the ankle deep snow…Written January 3, 2022
- The heated pool gets most of the attention, but there is more to see and do. In addition to barbecue pits parking, volleyball, etc., the hiker/biker will appreciate the public washrooms and the concession stand.Written June 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Vancouver
- These are the best places for groups seeking beaches in Vancouver:See more beaches for groups in Vancouver on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for beaches in Vancouver:See more romantic beaches in Vancouver on Tripadvisor