Showing results 1-30 of 114
What travellers are saying
- My review is somewhere between 3 and 4. The art gallery is small but well laid out and the exhibits we saw were interesting.. I felt the garden at the back has almost become an afterthought and need a a little work.
Be aware there is no cafe here so have a drink down Fort Road or elsewhere before coming. If you walk, as we did, and want a glass of water on arrival you will be out of luck. There are plenty of eateries about 10 min walk on Fort Road.Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Avenue Gallery is my favourite gallery in Victoria, so when we renovated our house I looked there for the perfect piece of art for a feature wall in our home. I found the perfect painting, which the gallery owner, Heather, personally came and hung for us. Having Heather come in person to our home means a lot to us, so that this special painting by Shinah Lee is perfectly placed in its feature location. The pieces that Heather chooses for her gallery are unique and inviting. there is no pressure to buy - just super welcoming people and exceptional art in paint, glass, pottery, sculpture and jewellery. This gallery has it all!Written October 16, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been buying meat at this butcher for over 30 years. Great quality, great prices, great service. You must try one of their many types of in house made sausages! But in reality, you will enjoy anything you decide on. Can't be beat.Written October 20, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I enjoy Sean's work, and had a great conversation with him about photography. I've been a photographer for over 40 years, 30 of them professionally. The large prints are absolutely stunning, and almost jump off the wall. He's a very personable guy and it's worth a visit to the gallery. - Patrick DownsWritten July 17, 2023
- We stayed at the strathcona in down town Victoria. We had a great time and were able to walk where ever we wanted to go. The Market square was cool and eclectic for.shopping and eating. We were a few blocks off of government street and it was near the harbor. Fantastic sights to see including China town.Written June 13, 2023
- This was a nice surprise little mall. Of course the draw was Winners that was in the corner covering two floors with exits and entry on each floor. The whole mall was easy to get around. A good looking clean place with some shops like a coffee place outside of it. Other very standard Canadian type Mall stores. Good to get off the street shopping.Written September 12, 2023
- My sister, niece and I all have a love of all things chocolate and peanut butter. I used to think Purdy's had the best peanut butter/cholotate daisy's. But recently my neice told me I had to try Rogers. I did, and I'm not going back to Purdy's ever again. I bought 10 Rogers Cocolate/Peanut Butter cups for my sister and one for me. They are simply, the best.Written July 11, 2018
- The artifacts as well as the owner (Thomas) are a wealth of information on the history of First Nations and the Victoria area. A great collection to see. We were recommended there by the museum staff and it was well worth the trip.Written October 18, 2019
- This used to be named the Alcheringa Gallery. For its size it packs a punch for quality & quantity. You might find a collectible here or something just right for your decor. Even for a few minutes of artsy pleasure it's worth a looksee.Written August 4, 2023
- I think this store might be haunted, which made my visit extra special! Within apporox 30 minutes, on three occasions in three separate sections (but all on the lower floor) books popped off the shelf and landed at my feet. It's difficult to explain, but they didn't simply slide off, they popped off, as though pushed, and without my having touched them. One landed between another person and me, and we both looked at each other confused. I eventually saw a forth book pop off the shelf and a staff member stopped to pick it up and I told her what I had seen. She said I wasn't the first person to tell them that, and that staff regularly saw this occur when the store was closed.
I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts, but I found the possibility of one helping with my reading selection really added to my experience at this wonderful store! I can't wait until I can return to see if it happens again!Written November 27, 2023
- This is a one-of-a kind gallery. Chris, the owner, is extremely knowledgeable. It's a beautiful showcase of First Nations art. On Customer service, they can't be beat. I had some issues with the mailing abroad (customs office on the destination ruined some art prints) and Chris went over-board to ensure that the situation was rectified.
Highly recommended.Written June 24, 2023
- I'm not a mall person, but this is one you can visit that has an outdoor feel. This summer they added astro-turf furniture and climbing structures to enhance an already fun 'town square'. There are food truck-like businesses in this common area plus sit in restaurants around the rim with anchor stores (Walmart) and lots of others for your retail buying needs. My mother-in-law (age 94) loved the easy access as she sauntered around with her walker on a beautiful fall day.Written September 30, 2023
- i love having the chicken at roast, then finish off with a great coffee at the coffee place in the front. forgive me i forget the name . its always cool inside and so easy to get to.Written July 26, 2020
- The indoor mall is a good alternative when the weather is bad. Good social distancing observed by most and some good shopping.Written June 13, 2020
- I adore this bookstore. It’s almost like a visual museum from the inside. Older and eclectic books available! My 14 yo daughter could have stayed for hours!!!Written May 6, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Victoria