Bodies of Water • Historic Walking Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- just like walking the sea wall - from the town side across the johnson street bridge towards Esquimalt.Written October 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The BC Legislative Building is a terrific lesson in both architecture and history. The building and grounds sparkle during the day and light up at night. This isn’t a stuffy old edifice; instead, it brings the history of BC to life from portraits of BC legislators to murals on the ceiling.
We spent about 1.5 hours looking around and then had a delightful lunch in the old school dining room. Don’t miss the Legislature’s dining room, likely the best in the city, even if you have to cut back on seeing the Legislature itself.
The grounds are thoughtfully landscaped and the statues from a bygone era are exceptional. There are free tours of the building however, a self-guided tour is very informative.
We visited just after Queen Elizabeth died and the Legislature had a tasteful memorial with the opportunity to prepare a letter of remembrance. The many photos of Her Majesty taken during her visits to BC and the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Window stained glass window were poignant given her passing.Written November 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A look into the past. Take an hour and explore this amazing castle. 5 sets of stairs, 5 floors to explore.Written November 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walked briefly down to fishermans wharf. It was off season but still very busy with people.
Passed by flowers and holly growing.
Public bathrooms available.
My second time being here.
Floating houses now have their walkway labelled "do not enter"Written December 7, 2022
- This place is worth a visit even if it's only to meet the gorgeous golden labrador who lives with the concierge in reception!Written September 25, 2022
- We walked round the coast to these breakwaters which are amazing. The views are beautiful as the sun goes down.we even saw a cruise ship arrive just before dark. It didn’t stay long as it had disappeared by 9 am the next day when we went whale watching!Written October 6, 2022
- Good wholesome food, great desserts, attentive staff and a fun place to see and experience. Reservations are required and easy to make with a phone call.Written September 25, 2022
- We were in this area regular during a recent visit to Victoria, it was really nice seeing the building lite uo during the evening.Written October 2, 2022
- Enjoyed visiting this cathedral! Make sure you look back and see the organ console! We were lucky to hear the organist practicing! Beautiful stained glass and architecture!Written August 31, 2022
- We attended a Gordon Lightfoot show and the theater was great. It's older but sight lines are all good and it's small enough you don't have to worry about spending half an hour getting out after the show.Written October 27, 2022
- As lovely as ever but sad to see it so empty of buskers and businesses. Clear that the pandemic did a lot of damage.Written May 28, 2022
- Spent a little time browsing the fun little shops in Fan Tan Alley. Although it is interesting finding parking can be a bit of a chore and isn't cheap. We made the best of it and walked several other blocks as well to see everything that was nearby.Written September 27, 2022
- The is a lovely place to stroll or jog depending on what you need. For an out and back to the end from Johnson St. Bridge is about an hour. Nature abounds and the views are unsurpassed.Written February 22, 2021
- Really nice and peaceful walking areas and gardens are great as well as the historic sites about the Castle and use of the grounds, Nice to see all the Peacocks and just relax on the groundsWritten March 19, 2019
- There are a ton of cute and interesting shops here, and the place rewards aimless wandering. It's a people-watching experience, too!Written November 19, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Victoria