What travellers are saying
- Loved it. Our family of 4 (2 adults, 1 ten-year-old and 1 teenager) took a 2-hour kayak tour in the harbor. It was one of the highlights of our trip and probably the only thing we ALL enjoyed. What we loved: the gorgeous views of the city, seeing seals swimming and resting on a rocky island, learning about kelp (who knew it was such a cool plant), paddling under a building that is built over the water, seeing WWII bunkers on the shore, learning about the floating houses, and watching sea planes (and a helicopter) take off and land.
Our guide was Inez. She is a lovely human and was very knowledgeable. She even gave us great suggestions of things to do and where to eat in Victoria.
Worth every cent.Written October 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great morning out on the open water with Frederico as our guide and it was our first time kayaking. We felt very safe and loved it. Great knowledge of the environment and just a lovely way to spend a morning and see Victoria from another angle!
Lee was very accommodating due to other tours that we had booked trying to work it in to our plans which was just fantastic!
Thanks so much would definitely recommend doing this.Written September 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Got lucky with shoulder season 1st week of October - extremely knowledgeable guide made the entire experience very pleasant would recommend to anyone looking for intermediate excursion in the bay. Thumbs 👍 Ian all the best in 24'Written October 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did the red paddle ride out in sooke and it was such a wonderful experience. Professional,knowledgeable instructors. Casual group paddle with a special visit from whales. Brian and Gina make the experience fun and remind everyone about respecting the place and inhabitants we may encounter. Thank you and I recommend South Island sup adventures to everyone!Written October 15, 2023
- I am new to the area and took level 1 kayaking course from Nici. I couldn't be happier, Nici provided me with valuable information on making sure my future kayaking outings will be safe and fun. I highly recommend the course and tour.
DanielleWritten February 22, 2020
- Yves was able to break down steps involved in a clear, easy to follow way. He watched each participant practice new skills and was able to give individual feedback on areas to work on improving. Yves was very friendly, outgoing and easy to talk to. I would highly recommend this companyWritten June 9, 2023
- Had an informative kayak lesson with Aaron thru MEC Paddlefest. He really knew his techniques and was able to break them down. He was very safe and patient with an inexperienced paddler in our group! Definitely going to go with him on a more challenging outing next chance we get because I felt like he'll take good care of us!Written July 9, 2019
- I was also on this wonderful trip with Mully and Andy. They are very experienced competent guides. I felt well taken care of at all times. They are super organized and very efficient. The site we camped at was absolutely beautiful! Even got to go for a quick swim before a glass of wine and dinner. Very nice to be with friends and not worry about a thing. Breakfast bagel was to die for. Thank you Mully and Andy you were excellent.
Lynda and PeteWritten November 1, 2018
- My husband and I had a wonderful time kayaking for 3 hours. The company was reliable and the staff were friendly. Their website states that, “To keep everyone safe we have strict health protocols in place. “ This is not entirely true. The gentleman who showed up to help us into our kayak was not wearing a mask, even though my husband and I were. While kayaking may be a socially distanced activity, getting assistance with getting in and setting up is not. To have somebody breath in your face for several minutes while adjusting your foot rests is unnerving, especially during a pandemic where variants are the dominant strain. In spite of my muttering the comment to him that, “This would be safer with a mask on”, he retuned unmasked with an unmasked assistant to help us out of the kayak. What could have been a perfect afternoon left us feeling unsafe.Written April 22, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Victoria
- These are the best places for kid-friendly kayaking & canoeing in Victoria:See more kayaking & canoeing for children in Victoria on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking kayaking & canoeing in Victoria:See more kayaking & canoeing for groups in Victoria on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for kayaking & canoeing in Victoria:See more romantic kayaking & canoeing in Victoria on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous kayaking & canoeing in Victoria:See more adventurous kayaking & canoeing in Victoria on Tripadvisor