Top Attractions in Vernon
What travellers are saying
- Very well organized and put together. There is a market for buying fruit and other items, a petting zoo and a train ride for children. Everything is nicely manicured and taken care of.Written November 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a good experience with many things to see and places to explore. My husband and I enjoyed learning about the history of the place, the animals, the challenge of the corn maze and checking out the antique stoves and the general store. This is a great place for families!Written October 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The free honey tasting bar is really cool. Also did the mead tasting and was very impressed with the quality. Not as sweet as you might expect. Probably closer to white wine than an ice wine.Written August 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful lake, we went to Juniper Bay and swam in the very clear water and it wasn’t too cold either. There is a beach and was quite busy.Written August 10, 2022
- Loved how far apart the sites were! A beautiful antlered deer even came to lay down for a rest in between sites one morning. The camp and bathrooms were very clean. Two private showers on each side of a main facility seemed enough for the camp, most people had motor homes. Dog beach plus human only beach, a bit of a climb, but a road to drive down for wheelchairs provided. For a bonus, hosts sell ice cream!Written July 27, 2022
- This trail is well maintained and beautiful. So many places to slip in for a clean, cool dunk. Have walked it many times but recently biked and went so much further lol!Written August 27, 2022
- Great place to grab dinner and have a picnic in the park. Lots of shade under the trees to keep cool during the summer heat. Definitely recommend spending the evening and checking out all the vendors. Lots of yummy food truck options for the whole family.Written August 28, 2022
- We came for the Friday evening market. So many vendors! The water park is removed, and you'll have the occasional uncomfortable interaction with locals, but the duck ponds, the Japanese garden, and the boardwalk makes for a pretty walk. We saw some deer, birds, and squirrels!Written August 3, 2021
- NIce area if the air is clean. Unfortunately smoke tends to linger throughout the Okanagan Valley if there are any fires anywhere in the Interior of BC.Written September 6, 2022
- We spent about 3 hours here one hot afternoon. The air conditioning was nice! My kids (aged 4 and 7) loved the hands on educational room (blocks, fossil rubbings, gears, solar power, bones, magnifying glasses, costumes), the sound and climbing room (airplane simulator, musical pipes, how far can you jump area, ball and pipe track building area) and the LEGO in the space area. We all liked the human body area also. Very fun and hands on. And only $20 for a family! Nice that it is right in Polson Park and we can also visit the splash park and playground.Written July 14, 2019
- Lots of free parking. Sandy beach is nice but don't expect Caribbean or Hawaii type sand at any interior lakes.Written September 6, 2022
- Thus trail will bring you through some lovely wooded areas and streams and , following some stairs, it will bring you to the fallsWritten November 28, 2021
- Kids love all the displays and hands on experiences. We go all the time and it is always a favorite activityWritten March 20, 2022
- Wonderful cider in a great hillside location. If COVID is a concern, this place has tons of room for social distancing. There were no tours at this time, but we reserved a table and were treated to a tasting flight of ciders with live music as a backdrop. Service is attentive, cider is reasonably priced. The only drawback is the selection changes with the seasons so they may not have your favouritesWritten October 12, 2021
- Kekuli Bay is a beautiful place for a campground. The views of Kalamalka Lake from each site are amazing - you give up a little privacy to get the view. Our site was plenty big enough for two tents. All of the bathrooms were clean and had flush toilets. There were free warm showers and two dish washing stations which also had warm water.
The park host was friendly and there was ice and firewood available to purchase.
There is good access to the trail along the lake so this is so great place for a walk or bike ride. The lake is clean and really clear. Access to the lake is off the trail and there are small 'beach' areas you can walk down to.
The campground is just below the highway so there is some noise from that (unavoidable). The beach areas are very rocky so we'd recommend water shoes.
We had lovely 5 days at Kekuli Bay and would definitely visit again.Written August 15, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Vernon
- The best day trips from Vernon according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Get Your Okanagan On! Private Captained Cruise- Stop at Okanagan Beach Club!
- Lake Country Wine Tour from Vernon - Classic - 4 Wineries
- Scenic Sip Wine Trail Holy Sip Wine Tour With Lunch Stop Shared Tour
- Private Boat Tour with a Tiki Twist
- West Kelowna Tour from Vernon - Classic - 6 Wineries