Mountains • Ski & Snowboard Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Well worth the funds to ride up to the top of Whistler mountain, take the peak to peak gondola, and hike the beautiful alpine trails! A great time!Written October 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Want to channel your inner biathlon rifle shooting energy? A Biathlon Rifle Shooting experience at the Whislter Olympic Park will satisfy this desire. We went up on a sunny Sunday to be shown how biathletes shoot their 22 rifles at distant targets. With the demo done, it’s time for you to follow their lead and fire away at the targets. You are given the option of choosing a wide or narrower target. I did pretty well on my first round, then moved to the narrower target…it was more challenging...have to keep your sighting really steady.
It’s interesting to hear the guide relate of the routine the biathletes go through. Another interesting thing is that the positions visitors shoot from are the one closest to the wind blocking wall. These are the priority ones for the athletes would compete to get, as the ones farther away from the wall would encounter more wind, which can affect the shooting.
The Biathlon Shooting is done in a social distancing manner. Disc Golf is also offered. The Biathlon experience is offered Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday until August 30th. There is also a winter Biathlon shooting experienced offered.
After our shooting experience, we hiked around, catching a look at the ski jump set-ups. The big bonus was walking around in the fresh alpine air.Written August 23, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a great experience, however with the prices being quite high, for our family of 14 there was no group rate to help in reducing the cost. Once on the mountain majority all of the eateries were closed....Written June 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We could have stayed there for hours, staring ahead with a group of teens and marveling at the profound beauty surrounding us. Highly recommended!Written December 6, 2018
- My sister and I signed up for Momentum Mogul Camps for just the Saturday, and we loved the experience with our coach Pierre-Alexandre (PA) so much that we came back again the next day on Sunday. And everyone else in our Saturday group also chose to return on Sunday too! Pretty much everyone on staff at Momentum needs to be a World Cup champion to coach with Momentum, and so the caliber of coaching is simply next level. As others have written in their reviews, I would've paid just to watch these guys ski, it was so cool to see.
PA really focuses on the fundamentals of getting your technique right. He's got a structured way of introducing the concepts and drills so that they build on one another. Not only was he an amazing athlete coach, but also an all-around cool guy. It was so fun hearing more of his World Cup and Olympics stories over beers after. Overall such a magical experience!Written January 28, 2022
- Heard a lot of good things about this place prior to coming.
Booked online and also did waivers online which was fast and efficient. Staff were very friendly and provided lots of instruction - safety first. Lots of fun for the kids. I found it very safe even for the "thrill" run.
But when we arrived, you ended up standing in line to have everything re-elected and tickets issues. There needs to be a more efficient way to do this or drop the online payment all-together. Lucky we arrived 10 mins before opened (11am) and was 5th in line. Still took 15 mins to get through check-in.
The conveyor belt that takes you up stops every trip for a min or so, not sure why. Also not sure why they don't extend the conveyor all the way to the base.
By the time we left, the tubing park was full. Probably 10 mins to get from bottom to top. The run is about 15 seconds!
Do online waiver, do arrive at least 15 mins early. Parking lot 7 & 8 are not dedicated for tubing but shared with all skiers. Hills open much earlier so lot is full by the time tubing opens.
Photo when it first opened.Written March 22, 2022
- Really low stress way of renting ski gear - they were on time and were prepared with different sizing options. Equipment was also in great condition.
We really appreciated that despite already closing for the season, they still accommodated our booking.
Would rent from them again if in Whistler!Written April 29, 2018
- Whistler Creekside has one of the lifts to access the Whistler Ski area. The lift system is inadequate for the job and there ar regularly lengthy queues for the lifts which are in effectively managed. When up on the hill there is yet another enormous queue for the next lift,
When you buy a ski pass you do not do so with the intention of standing in line and this is what is happening especially at weekends. We have visited Whistler many times and now find that there is no atmosphere. Lifties are unfriendly and unhelpful with skis, all they do is remind you to wear a mask, which is unnecessary as there are signs everywhere. I do not know what has happened this year but we are very disappointed with the management of the resort, shops shut at 6pm in whistler now, very few places to eat and drink and this cannot all be due to covid,Written February 8, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Whistler
- These experiences are best for ski & snowboard areas in Whistler:
- Whistler Wilderness Run Snowmobile Tour
- Whistler Premium Ski Rental Including Delivery
- Whistler Glacier Discovery Tour
- Callaghan Cruiser Snowmobile Tour
- Snowmobile Family Tour in Whistler
- These are the best places for couples seeking ski & snowboard areas in Whistler:See more ski & snowboard areas for couples in Whistler on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking ski & snowboard areas in Whistler:See more ski & snowboard areas for groups in Whistler on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous ski & snowboard areas in Whistler:See more adventurous ski & snowboard areas in Whistler on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for ski & snowboard areas in Whistler:See more ski & snowboard areas for adrenaline seekers in Whistler on Tripadvisor