4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours • Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
18 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Although I was the only one who had booked the tour that afternoon, Alex took me out for nearly four hours to show me around. He was super pleasant to chat with and really knowledgeable about everything - none of my questions was left unanswered. Definitely a recommendation.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had the best tour to Churchill with Frontiers North Adventure. Stayed at the Tundra Buggy Lodge for 3 days and had the greatest time out on the tundra with our little group of 11 peolpe. We saw Polarbears at Polar Bear point and by the logde at night. All of the crew was fantastic, the food was fantastic and the whole tour was fantastic.Written March 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did the half day ( 4 hours) city tour of Churchill in November with North Star which I believe is the same as Sea North Tours since they have the same address.
The tour was amazing, our local guide Jeremy whose family has been there for several generations. The first stop is the house built by his great grand parents. We also visited the polar jail, Miss piggy, shipwreck Ithaca ( from a distance), Churchill northern study center and the rocket facility. Jeremy knows a lot about Churchill and polar bears in general, both he and his dad had close encounters with polar bears. To top that off, we saw three polar bears while we were driving around. We stopped the van, Jeremy let us out and took pictures. The bear was as close as 50 ft from us, but Jeremy had his rifle with him. In case of emergency he can fire warning shot to scare off the polar bear. Fortunately nothing happens, the bear was just moving away slowly. The tour exceeded all my expectations by far! If you have half day to spend, this tour is highly recommended!Written November 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved listening to Dave's stories and meeting the dogs. Our ride was just a hoot and all of us loved this tour a lot more than the four tours we took with Lazy Bear Lodge. The place is right next to Lazy Bear so it's easy find. We took a dog mushing tour recently in Alaska and this was way better. Everyone in our big group loved it.Written July 26, 2022
- The equipment is top notch and very safe and spacious.
Our driver, Kyle, was competent and quite helpful.
The lodge has cramped quarters but the kit staff is five star. Every meal was absolutely delicious.
Great location for watching the Polar bears.Written November 17, 2021
- At the end of October 2020, I did Frontiers North's one day fly-in-fly-out Polar Bear Adventure to Churchill, Manitoba. Why would one get on an airplane and travel during a pandemic? A few good reasons actually, the reduced-capacity flight is direct from my city; and Frontiers North has maintained a good track record of covid-preparedness and enforcement. One measure was to cut client number in half, which allowed for all buggy passengers to have great seating.
The Tundra Buggy covers and backtracks over an area of trails for several hours, giving one a chance to experience the stark northern landscape and its climate. Our driver, Luke, was knowledgable, accommodating, personable, and made every effort to find bears for our viewing. There were other animal sightings but, unfortunately, ours was one of those days when the bears were also social-distancing. A number of passengers were disappointed until the final ten minutes of our tour when, sure enough, four bears appeared on the ice by the formidable Hudson's Bay – distant from us but still impressive and an experience not to forget.
The buggy is comfortable although the ride is frequently rough (part of its charm!). A light lunch of good sandwiches/wraps, sides and soft drink/water was served, as well as an in-flight meal going home.
Frontiers North is also affiliated with the Assiniboine Park Conservancy in Winnipeg, so a part of the cost is donated to their important programming, as well as support to research in Churchill.
Churchill tours are very expensive but, for this tourist, this unique place is worth every cent.
TIP: (because of Covid measures, hot beverages were not served so consider bringing your own thermos and snacks, if needed.)Written November 25, 2020
- The expedition team did a great job of coordinating activities! Available options to see the 🐋 beluga whales included kayaking, riding on a zodiac or aqua gliding ( wet suit worn on a tarp laying behind a zodiac!Belugas were seen in Churchill River & Hudson Bay!
A Cultural Tour of the area takes you to see the polar bear jail( for naughty bears who may wonder into town), Prince of Whales Fort, Cape Merry& the beach!
What great guides to use when visiting Churchill winter or summer!Written July 7, 2022
- Great way to experience the tundra.
Saw a number of polar bears as well as red foxes.
The Ithaca was something to see as well.
Very informative and friendly pilot.
Don’t miss this.Written November 19, 2021
- The scenery and bird watching were spectacular on my June 2022 trip to Churchill with Caleb and Heather! They planned our outings beautifully - keeping our requests in mind and also hitting different habitats at different times of day to ensure that we saw as many species as possible. The diversity of birds was incredible and, very often, the birds were so focused on foraging/mating, we got very good close-up views. Everyone on the trip got excellent photos. We appreciated the packed lunches so we could enjoy the gorgeous locations while we ate. The breakfast items provided to us were excellent--it meant we could get up as early as we wished and of course the restaurant was nearby as well. I learned a lot from Caleb and Heather about the region and the species we were seeing. It was a fantastic trip!Written August 5, 2022
- We did the dog sled expedition with Gerry and Jennifer, we had a great time! They introduce us to the dogs before the tour, we interacted with friendly and well socialized dogs, took pictures. The short run on the sled was so much fun! We interacted with the dogs more after the sled run, and then we were invited to have some hot ciders/chocolate and home baked blueberry bread. They talked about the dogs and their history. We spent a total of two hours with them. I would definitely recommend this to everyone!
BTW, once I landed in Churchill, I gave a Jennifer a call to let her know that we arrived, she reconfirm the pickup location and time.Written November 20, 2021
- You have to experience Churchill by booking your trip with "The Churchill Experience Tours" Your tour guide Melanie Gamache does an exceptional job. She is very well organized and will provide you with all the necessary information eg. what to bring etc. prior to your trip date. Fasten your seat belts you are in for a life changing experience for many, myself included. Starting with the Fort Prince of Wales tour and the interesting history, background, with the Fort, Cape Merry and the Hudson Bay Company. It was a humbling experience when you take into account how people persevere in the harshest of climates. There is something so inviting to this area of Manitoba, I don't know, maybe it is the fact that the air is fresher, the summer nights never seem to end, wildlife, landscape, and the people are hard working and resilient, as well as welcoming and friendly.
Melanie has worked in the North and volunteered at the Northern Studies Centre (a must see while in Churchill) and her love of Churchill is evident in the knowledge she shares with you, and her friendships within the local community. Always helpful in any situation whether you are looking for the most recent sightings of wildlife or the best times available for kayaking with the beluga's, dog cart rides and numerous other activities. Also a big plus, transportation to all the sites and activities - included in the tour.
The Churchill Experience Tour accommodations are at - BlueSky B&B, one of the highlights of the trip, can't imagine staying anywhere else while in Churchill. The breakfasts are truly mouth watering, and the homemade bannock with wild cranberries picked locally, is a must try! Jenafor and Gerald are great hosts and very welcoming and helpful. There were many times during the tour that I wondered " Am I really in Manitoba?" Truly a wonderful time and can't thank you enough Melanie. (Still can't get that song out of my head "Baby Belgua.......")Written August 19, 2015
- If you get this unique opportunity don’t pass on it. Alex gave us a birds eye view of Churchill, the tundra, boreal forest and the Hudson’s Bay. Lots of nature and wildlife. Nothing like the view of bears, belugas and caribou from above!Written August 6, 2019
- The Family owned and run Lodge is the friendliest place we have ever stayed. Fantastic food (loved 6pm appertisers), comfortable rooms with ensuites. Every day an adventure with the Wildlife almost close enough to touch. The Guides were so informative, helpful and fun to be with. Thank you Churchill Wild for our amazing stay.Written November 11, 2018
- Went on a polar bear tour day tour and it was amazing! Tiffany is super nice and knowledgeable, we are so happy we chose this company for our polar bear experience! The vehicle was comfy and spacious and the tour was super laid back and chilled. We saw 5 polar bears and Tiffany was amazing at spotting them and getting us close to them to take photos. We had an amazing day, couldn't have been better. Thanks so much Beyond Boreal Expeditions! ❤️Written November 6, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Churchill
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Churchill:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Churchill on Tripadvisor