Art Galleries • Parks
Popular things to do
What travellers are saying
- Gorgeous gardens and interesting sculptures. We brought our dogs as the garden allows them on the grounds. Very peaceful garden and easy to access from nearby parking lotsWritten October 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Learn about your world. Izzy's Last gift to Canada. Look up Isreal Asper to learn about a true Canadian success story. SeriouslyEducate yourself and your family. Well worth the visit. Just be aware of the closure dates. It's a real spectacle of architecture. The view from the tower is amazing.Written November 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As visitors from BC, we were interested to compare our provincial museum in Victoria ( recently in the news because of a failed renewal attempt by the government that was massively panned by the populace) with Manitoba’s. My conclusion was that BC could take quite a few pages from Manitoba’s book in considering what a good provincial museum should look like. We spent over 4 hours ( and could easily have stayed longer) in the history museum and found it both comprehensive and enjoyable. The replica ship Nonsuch was a highlight ( the Docent at the ship was full of information), but there were great exhibits throughout the museum.
Only one minor complaint and one comment; as mentioned above we were there over 4 hours. The museum has spots to sit and rest along the way, but relatively few where you could sit and be educated/entertained at the same time via say a short video etc. Right at the start of the museum there was an exhibit that allowed you to sit and experience a video that illustrated what you might have seen in the tropical sea when the Manitoba area was ( apparently) bordering on Earth’s equator millions of years ago. As a scuba diver I felt almost like I was on a dive. But, the next place to be entertained while resting didn’t come until some two hours later ( an entertaining audio exhibit about the beginning of trade between the First Nations and first Europeans). I imagine as technology becomes fully integrated into the Museum we might see more of this.
My other comment is that the museum offered a “deal” where you got a discount if you bought a combined ticket to the Planetarium, Science Hall and History Halls. It seemed ( at least if you were buying tickets online) that you had to do everything the same day to take advantage of this promotion. We might have liked to have bought the combo ticket had we been able to use it over more than one day. I don’t think you can really do the history museum justice if you try to combine it with the other two in one day.Written September 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Assiniboine Park in Winnipeg is beautiful! The English Gardens were gorgeous and beautifully manicured, and the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden was equally stunning and peaceful. A must see when visiting Winnipeg!Written September 24, 2023
- Beautiful, lively, entertaining , clean, fun, informative, friendly!
Great shopping and the food was amazing!Written October 29, 2023
- We went to this museum to kill time between landing at the airport and getting our hotel room. It was right across the street from the airport and they have small lockers for purses, camera bags, and a coat hanging area. We toured the whole exhibit and then they had a 1 hour and 20 min guided tour with a very well informed guide. I was great to have him explain in more detail the planes and their history. They don't have any special discounts except for seniors.Written October 16, 2023
- The "Road to Churchill" feature is what makes this zoo different from most. I was disappointed not to see what was apparently their last surviving musk ox ( a tribute in a way to the large paddock) and the polar bear section was very well done - they had loads of space, with decent swimming opportunities. And the underwater tunnel meant you could get a really great view of them swimming
Rest of the zoo was fine without being in any way exceptionalWritten December 4, 2023
- Booked the tour online and heard back quickly with a number of time slots for the following day. Great service.
At the mint everyone at the front desk was very nice and offered plenty of information. Our tour guide Cade was very well informed, answered any questions and gave us an overall great experience. Definitively worth a visit.Written November 10, 2023
- Fun place for adults and/or kids to experience nature, see bison, birds, red squirrels, and just be outside. We ate at the cafe and had a good lunch there tooWritten October 14, 2023
- Marit was an excellent tour guide. We called ahead, but they were not a lot of people for today’s 2 PM tour. The tour lasted 1 1/4 hours. We were taken through the building, one of the legislative rooms, the legislative assembly room and other spaces. Please give me a like if you would like this review. Please look for my reviews of other Winnipeg attractions, as well as attractions in many cities in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South America, and Asian countriesWritten July 7, 2023
- This is a big food court with shops upstairs that we went to twice on our recent trip to Winnepeg. It has a lovely vibe to it, and is very capably organized and staffed. Like a lot of food court type environments, the food is going to vary depending on whether you make the right choices. Across our multiple visits when in Winnepeg, we had a stellar cinnamon bun and a very good pizza, a perfectly fine burger, and some disappointing Carribean food. The bookshop upstairs is worth the venture upwards for.Written November 7, 2023
- The two huge exhibitions of Inuit art were wonderful, though I'd have liked a little more titling of exhibits.
It was quite a shock to go from this into a fairly standard collection of western art (made worse by the fact that one of the first things I saw was a truly awful Millais) but they have a number of really good pieces, and the special exhibition (sadly I can't remember the name) was really excellentWritten December 4, 2023
- We attended the game on Friday. We are from out of town, unbeknownst to us it was Fan Appreciation Night! What an awesome family experience. Lots of give away s. Great good, fun, and baseball!Written August 27, 2023
- It is a great place to bring kids. There are lots of different rides. It is best to go early in the day, because there will be fewer people, shorter waits and more time before they close.Written July 29, 2023
- The Witches Hut by the Duck Pond in Kildonan Park was finally open. We got to finally go in. It was so nice to see it. If you want to feed the ducks, they have food that you can buy to feed the ducks. Don't feed the ducks bread because that would make them sick.Written September 10, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Winnipeg
Winnipeg Attractions Information
|Monday 5:47 a.m.|