Nature & Wildlife Areas • Parks
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in New Brunswick
What travellers are saying
- This was a beautiful park. We only spent an hour or so there, but the views were amazing, the beaches was beautiful and hedge maze was unique.
Looks like a great place to spend several hours.
Also, cleanest and cutes porto potties.Written November 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We arrived early before the predicted bore time and caught the bore as it passed by a little early. It was well worth a look.Written October 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really enjoyed using the ferry between Digby NS and Saint John NB...very comfortable trip . They have so many options for comfortable seating, or for standing on deck to enjoy the day outside). I ate on board ship for both trips and the food was pretty tasty and plentiful (Fries are excellent, burger was also good, my friends enjoyed their paninis. (Fish & chips? well, as a Maritimer, I know many a place with better, without intending offence). We enjoyed the broad range of movie options (family movies as well as general movies, and the very comfy movie chairs. The whole process of getting reservations and boarding was very simple.Written September 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Etymology of the word Fundy is of French origin “fendu,” meaning “split.” From a local guide in Saint John, New Brunswick, that this bay marks the place where continents collided about 200 million years ago. Pangaea, which was the western half of what is now Africa, moved west to become the South American continent. Tectonic forced moved part of that to the northern hemisphere, as evidenced by the type of rocks south of Saint John River and that north of Fundy—where a “split” between continents united. The Bay partially separates the Canadian Maritime provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia [Latin for New Scotland], and border the US state of Maine. The extreme tidal range is the world’s highest. The incoming tide rises too quickly to outrun, and the outgoing TIDE will ‘wash’ you away, and causes a “reverse falls” in the Saint John River. Seriously, many have died from the tidal mini-tsunamis that occur twice daily. Depending upon the position of the sun and moon, semidiurnal tides occur an astounding FOUR times each day, with about six hours between high and low tides. Our Grand Circle Travel tour group of 36 was fortunate to be here during a full moon and witness three incoming tides, and one low tide, at Hopewell Rocks. I walked on the ocean floor☺
Fundy’s tidal range is about 52 feet [much more with full moons] and worldwide average tidal range is less than four feet. The funned-shaped bay causes powerful incoming tides of about 100 BILLION tons of water, more than all the combined rivers in the world over the same period. Outgoing tides are equally powerful—and destructive. The tides are not only destructive, they’re productive. The Annapolis Royal Generating Station is one of the few in the world and the only one in North America. It generates 20 megawatts of power. So much for solar power or constructing hydroelectric dams.Written October 2, 2022
- We try to visit this zoo at least once or twice a year. They host special events like Boo in the Zoo and Zoo Lights that keep visitors coming back over and over again.Written October 23, 2022
- If you are looking for green space but also playgrounds, splash pad, trails, and a pool, this is the place to go in Moncton.Written October 23, 2022
- A vibrant busy place to check out local goods and foods. Typically very busy and somewhat pricey but interesting to walk through.Written July 23, 2022
- This beautiful artwork memorializes a tragic event in the city. Each statue holds personal elements from each man's life.Written October 23, 2022
- Had a good day with the Mrs here at Magic Mountain Splash Zone. It is quite a workout constantly having to climb a small mountain to ride each slide, but needs must! I would highly recommend wet shoes as the ground on a hot day will burn the soles of your feet and is very rough and bumpy and with all the walking around our feet were wrecked by the end of the day. All things considered though it was absolutely worth it.
Kamikaze and Torpedo were particular highlights. Also worth mentioning the park wasn't all that busy on June 26th when we went so might be a worse experience if it was.Written July 8, 2022
- It was quiet and the coastal hikes were amazing! BUT plan your meals. There are VERY few places to eat on the island, they close some days and other days they run out of choices. One place we went to ran out of everything by 7 pm except hot dogs. There is a grocery store and a pretty decent pizza place that restricts your orders to 3 items. Fun and a great glimpse into life in a semi-isolated community.Written October 27, 2022
- 6$ to roll down a hill and that isin't saying much. One car was coming down the wrong side of the road and could have caused and accident. Instructions are clearly given but not everyone is a good driver. Some don't have the skill to keep a car steady while rolling backward and we had almost witnessed a crash due to one car swerving right and left.Written August 24, 2022
- This little jewel is just north of the city, but far enough to make you forget the city even exists. It has a great range of trails running through it, along with a large lake in the middle of it. Bike paths take you too it also. Great for biking, bird watching, etc...Written April 12, 2022
- DW and I arrived on a cruise ship and walked 45 mins to get to the falls overlook. Our timing was very great (tidal times worked for us that day). We spend a little over an hour watching the constantly changing swirling eddys where the incoming and outgoing water forces met. Be patient and enjoy.Written October 30, 2022
- Great selection of beers. The Radner beer was so fantastic. Lots of atmosphere and friendly staff. Food truck outside and merchandise available for purchase.Written October 25, 2022
- Beautiful outdoor sitting area overlooking the vineyards and town below. Large selection of wines but we struggled to find ones we liked. We did find one Rose (Marquette Rose) and one white OC Osceola that we liked. We preferred the wines at Latitude 45 winery but you can’t beat the atmosphere at Magnetic Winery. Our server was fabulous! Overall would recommend.Written August 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about New Brunswick
- The best day trips from New Brunswick according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- New Brunswick Shore Excursion: Bay of Fundy and More Highlights Tour
- Fundy Coast to Fundy Shore Tour
- Shore Tours
- New Brunswick Private Tour by Bus
- St Martins Fundy Trail