What travellers are saying
- Soothe Spa is absolutely fantastic. The service that you receive for the cost is outstanding.
I don't go anywhere else for spa services other than Soothe!!Written April 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Me and my partner stayed here last month for a romantic getaway that we had a gift certificate for that we received almost 1.5 year ago. When checking in staff gave us an upgrade to kings sized bedroom. I did call the spa to try and book massage packages and I was told rudely that the spa was booked. She didn't ask for what service or even for what day I wanted. We were very grateful to the hotel staff for the upgrade, and they gave us a complimentary breakfast. The room was very clean and had everything we could ever want. The door was very hard to open, always got stuck when you unlocked it. Still, that not gonna ruin our night. We went out to dinner and had a fabulous night in our room until the morning.
The gardener showed up at 715 am to blow leaves on the entire property and if I wanted to wake up early, I would've stayed home with my toddler. I know it's not that big a deal to complain about but this was a NIGHT OUT IN 18 months! (We were terrified we could give our son COVID).
All good...til we went for breakfast which was located in the spa. We sat down and there was a table of four sat down as well so we knew it was a little busy. We waited and then waited and then waited. I'm not talking about 5-7 minutes it was close to 15 and several staff passed by our table. All I wanted was a glass of water and a coffee for the hangover I was experiencing from the two glasses of wine at the keg. The one waitress that was on, came out and seen us waiting and went into the pantry and walked back in the kitchen. I'm sitting there thinking, ok she saw us she will come back out.....nope not the case. I get up from my table and ask if she could please come to the counter. I asked her for some water or juice or anything and she said, "the water jug is right there behind the counter?" I replied "Could you show me where the glasses are? (like ...REALLY!) At that point I just give up and we go back to our room.
So the hotel is nice not 5 stars but it's nice to get away. The staff were super nice and super apologetic for the spa staff. But I do not recommend spa or cafe. We were really disappointed. I will say though that the A & W breakfast on the way home totally hit the spot!Written November 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- While my appointment started a little late the lady who did my nails was lovely and I adore my manicure combo of coco chic with glitter bomb. The manicure was done in a private room with soothing music. I would suggest to management a second colour selection wheel at the front desk as it took awhile for the one to be found. But overall I enjoyed my experience.Written December 19, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had an amazing time doing hot yoga at the modo yoga studio in St. John’s!
The establishment is extremely clean and I loved the studio room used for hot yoga. There were ample mirrors, including mirrors on the columns within the room. It made it easy to see the instructor no matter where they were in the room. The studio room also had several windows and it was nice to have the natural light.
The most impressive part of my experience was the people. The employees were so welcoming and answered all of my questions (ps they do have a water dispenser and you can buy reusable water bottles for $3). As well, the other people doing yoga were so friendly. I’m not sure if it’s a reflection of the studio itself but it’s nice to go to a place that has easy going and friendly people!
Highly recommend for a good workout and time for yourself!Written January 15, 2019
- This is a great place with friendly service and a very professional atmosphere. The staff listen and are very kind. It's also a little more affordable than the typical massage place.Written March 10, 2019
- Okay so the chai latte while I waited was nice but I felt like I paid a lot of money for a manicure and pedicure purely for being in such a fancy building. It was nothing special. I could have gotten the same service elsewhere. I feel like for the price I should have been in a robe with soft music laying back, being comfortable and getting my feet worked on.
Also, super uncomfortable approaching a building that wasn't well marked and ringing a doorbell to get someone to unlock the door. Imagine my fear of being at the wrong house.Written December 4, 2014