23 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- What a great city. Loved the people. So kind and friendly. Top three experiences:
1) Quidi Vidi - historical little neighborhood. Great food, art and walked around the lake.
2) Signal hill. Great views.
3) great eats and bars with music (especially The Ship for music and atmosphere )Written August 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Prepare to be wowed. Breathtaking views of the ocean and the city at every turn. If you are like me, and take a million pictures, allow yourself plenty of time to complete the trail. The trail is exceptionally well maintained, stairs throughout, just couple spots where you get to practice your one-legged squat. I took the trail going down from the Hill. Going up would require a bit more stamina - the climb is an equivalent of 20 stories! Fitness fans run this trail for exercise, but it is also very suitable for a leisurely not-so-in-shape walker like me.Written August 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We wanted to walk to Quidi Vidi Village and used this path. It was an easy stroll with lots of different views. The path is quite level and well maintained.Written June 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a local, the Rennie's River Trail is one of my favourite trails through the city. It has beautiful waterfalls, lots of lush greenery, and goes through some very pretty parts of the city!Written August 7, 2022
- I had read about this ambitious project (at 160km in length) and was looking forward to getting a chance to explore a part of this urban trail. I spent around four hours walking several sections of the Grand Concourse (around Quidi Vidi Lake, Rennie's River Trail, around St. Pat's Ball Park). Following these well connected trails allowed me to explore several various neighborhoods in suburban St. John's. The trails were mostly packed dirt/gravel with steep sections featuring wooden stairs. Many sections were shaded by lush tree cover and ran alongside rivers/streams. Benches line parts of the trail for a nice place to sit and rest. Maps are signposted along the trail which also offer interesting historical photos and information. This is an absolutely wonderful addition to the city. If I find myself in St. John's again, I will be certain to continue to explore the many trails of the Grand Concourse.Written August 16, 2019
- This was an amazing and beautiful hike along the shore. The cliffs and views are stunning. It’s relatively easy, with few spots of steep inclines. Highly recommend this hike.Written September 22, 2023
- You'll need 2 cars: one at each end. However, it's a spectacular hike that starts with windswept rocky grassy trails, goes through some wooded area, and comes out at Quidi Vidi. Along the way you will be hiking below the dump and so you would see some plastic debris caught in the branches. Nevertheless, it's a wonderful way to spend a day. The trail is a bit rough in places but entirely manageable.Written April 3, 2017
- Had lunch here following East Coast Trail Hike with 15+ people. Service very good, food good, wine good, a little over priced but still good. Wanted Lamb Burger & was off the menu but waitress recommended trying the Duck Bacon Burger & it was delicious with Parm Fries 🍟Written October 7, 2019
- Nice to see all the greenery and smell the fresh air in a tranquil setting. Very refreshing and relaxing.Written October 24, 2019
- Enjoyed a great evening with friends and family at the Glendenning Golf banquet Room. Great food and service. An absolutely stunning venue for a wedding.Written September 8, 2016
- My brother-in-law and I played a round of golf in morning and when we were done he recommended we eat at the country club restaurant inside. I am glad he did. They served the best fish and chips I had while I was visiting St Johns. The fish was fresh and well flavored. I opted for fries, dressing and gravy and it was delicious!
It was not busy when we visited but the service was excellent.Written August 21, 2019
- Was in Twillingate and embarked on Iceberg Quest tour on 7/16/23 and had a fantastic tour. Barry Rogers was the skipper and Roy and Sally the crew. We saw lots of icebergs and had a magnificent experience. Barry was very knowledgable and his commentary was informative.
Would highly recommend this tour company.Written July 21, 2023
- This is an interesting course as it runs along the top of some of the hills of St. John's. Some of the holes have amazing views of the City and harbour. There are also several where the hole is hidden below a hill or over the hill, making it difficult for first time players.
The course is interesting but is in bad need of some TLC and water.
The staff were all very nice and friendly. Prices were reasonable.Written August 29, 2023
- My wife and I had a truly amazing experience on this boat tour! Captain Mike and his first mate Chris warmly welcomed us onboard the Tammy Joe and provided us with many once in a lifetime memories that we will cherish forever and are so very grateful!Written June 18, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about St. John's
- These experiences are best for outdoor activities in St. John's:
- 2-Hour Guided Boat Tour from St. John's
- Whale Watching, Shark and Cod Fishing, from St. John's Harbor
- Pedego eBike Rental
- These are the best places for kid-friendly outdoor activities in St. John's:See more outdoor activities for children in St. John's on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly outdoor activities in St. John's:See more budget-friendly outdoor activities in St. John's on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for outdoor activities in St. John's:See more outdoor activities for adrenaline seekers in St. John's on Tripadvisor