Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Showing results 1-30 of 44
What travellers are saying
- Visited here as part of a cruise excursion. Very windy the day we were here but views were amazing. Highly recommend. There was a local sitting there with his beautiful Newfoundland dog. What a beautiful dog and a treat to see in person!Written September 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was on a private tour. Exceptionally scenic spot. Iconic lighthouse, waves crashing on the rocks, strong winds blowing. The history of the tunnels was fascinating. If you are hiking the East coast trail and if you time it right, the cafe is a delicious and welcome stop.Written October 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Customer Service: 5
We visited the St. John's Rooms museum on Monday while we was docked for our port day. It was conveniently about a 15 minute walk from the cruise ship dock.
Upon entering the Visitors center we were quickly greeted by a friendly staff member. They were able to quickly provide us with alot of useful information. They pointed out that some parts of the museum were free, and there was like 4 rooms that required a ticket. We decided to not get a ticket because we were on a limited time schedule.Written September 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a great city. Loved the people. So kind and friendly. Top three experiences:
1) Quidi Vidi - historical little neighborhood. Great food, art and walked around the lake.
2) Signal hill. Great views.
3) great eats and bars with music (especially The Ship for music and atmosphere )Written August 23, 2023
- The Johnson Geo Centre is right on the way to Signal Hill and well worth the visit. Built deep into the rock of Signal Hill it the self guided tour is simple with staff available if your have any questions. Don’t miss the walking trials behind the centre.Written September 25, 2023
- Saw this & most of downtown with a local on her free weekend walking tour. Really appreciated her insight into the background of Terry Fox & why it's so important to CanadiansWritten September 13, 2023
- If you are not steady on your feet or afraid of narrow steep stairs,
just enjoy the gift shop in the Tower. The views from ground level are pretty beautiful.Written August 27, 2023
- Prepare to be wowed. Breathtaking views of the ocean and the city at every turn. If you are like me, and take a million pictures, allow yourself plenty of time to complete the trail. The trail is exceptionally well maintained, stairs throughout, just couple spots where you get to practice your one-legged squat. I took the trail going down from the Hill. Going up would require a bit more stamina - the climb is an equivalent of 20 stories! Fitness fans run this trail for exercise, but it is also very suitable for a leisurely not-so-in-shape walker like me.Written August 20, 2023
- Wonderful experience. A quaint little village. The food was excellent. We had the fish and chips and tried their Iceberg beer. Both were fabulous. The flakiest fish I’ve ever eaten.Written September 21, 2023
- This Church is a piece of history and very well preserved with some amazing stained glass windows. The only problem was that you could not go inside which was to bad.Written September 6, 2023
- This was a great visit to a park. The fountain pond was a great place where we had picnic lunch at a picnic table while watching the koi fish and ducks with their ducklings. Lots of trails to walk. Nice little waterfall. Must visit.Written July 22, 2023
- Even a visit during the day is a worthwhile experience for a bite to eat, a drink and taking in the art and design of this small part of the city. Get there early in the day and you may see the 'clean up" from the party the night before.Written September 3, 2022
- On my Newfie expedition, I ventured into the harbor-front community of Quidi Vidi to sip craft beer at its brewery. However there is more to this quaint burg than the waterholes, with its clapboard houses that are painted in vivid reds, blues and greens. It's retail life is populated by a great craft shop, food trucks, pop-up outposts purveying anything and the popular Quidi Vidi Brewery. It's a frolicking place and home to the popular 'Iceberg' beer. Quidi Vidi exemplifies good old Newfie culture and friendliness and is a great place to walk around and hangout.Written September 23, 2023
- Another stop on our free walking tour, it's a bit of a hike from the cruise port, but glad we got to see this historic neighborhood & thrilled that our guide, Amber's able to give us a lot of history & information about itWritten September 13, 2023
- Absolutely gorgeous grounds, lovely trails and beautiful scenery! Loved these gardens! Highly recommend for anyone coming to St. John’s:)Written September 11, 2023