What travellers are saying
- What a great city. Loved the people. So kind and friendly. Top three experiences:
1) Quidi Vidi - historical little neighborhood. Great food, art and walked around the lake.
2) Signal hill. Great views.
3) great eats and bars with music (especially The Ship for music and atmosphere )Written August 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Saw this & most of downtown with a local on her free weekend walking tour. Really appreciated her insight into the background of Terry Fox & why it's so important to CanadiansWritten September 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful experience. A quaint little village. The food was excellent. We had the fish and chips and tried their Iceberg beer. Both were fabulous. The flakiest fish I’ve ever eaten.Written September 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On my Newfie expedition, I ventured into the harbor-front community of Quidi Vidi to sip craft beer at its brewery. However there is more to this quaint burg than the waterholes, with its clapboard houses that are painted in vivid reds, blues and greens. It's retail life is populated by a great craft shop, food trucks, pop-up outposts purveying anything and the popular Quidi Vidi Brewery. It's a frolicking place and home to the popular 'Iceberg' beer. Quidi Vidi exemplifies good old Newfie culture and friendliness and is a great place to walk around and hangout.Written September 23, 2023
- This is a charming little village with very narrow streets. Drive slowly a be careful. Better yet, find a place to park if you can (very limited). and walk around. Be sure to take a tour of the Quidi Vidi Brewery and try their Iceberg beer.Written March 20, 2020
- A good overview of a family business of port wine. Some interesting parts of the history, toppled off with a taste of portWritten June 10, 2023
- Cute and FREE! Staff were super friendly and knowledgeable. Answered all our questions politely as we don't know a lot about "sea life". Touched some interesting creatures and viewed a blue lobster! Also caught a feeding of the seals. Entertaining for families and FREE! They do accept donations which I am sure is much appreciated. Easy way to spend an hour or so.Written July 25, 2022
- Jed was a great tour guide. Lots of stories. Terrific history. We had a wonderful time. learned lots. He knew information and took us to mny interesting places.
thank you.Written September 8, 2023