- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
24 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We wandered into the Dory Museum earlier this week (it was closed) but we’re welcomed in anyway by the master dory builder. Fascinating! He shared lots of information about the history of dory building but also his personal story as a boat builder. Wonderful stop while in Shelburne!Written August 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Whether or not you're a history buff, this fascinating place deserves a stop if you're in the area. As a teacher in the US, I was astonished by what I didn't know and had never really thought about: what happened to enslaved people who fought with the British during the Revolutionary War? The story and the story of how the story was largely hidden are both important to North American history.Written September 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were visiting on an overcast cool day in September but the walk on the beach was relaxing and beautiful, with few other people around.Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I grew up in Ingomar and it a beautiful family place and Roseway Beach was my favorite place to go we were there a lot it so nice it a very nice and beautiful place to go with your family 👪Written September 17, 2021
- Came here today while looking for a picnic spot. Very clean, cozy, welcoming and relaxing. We really enjoyed coming here and it was free entry.
Highly recommended!Written September 19, 2020
- The Taproom has become one of our favorite local spots. Tonight my husband enjoyed his chicken gyro, while I loved the BLT served with a generous portion of coleslaw. Boxing Rock beverages are the perfect complement to the food served on their menu. Another plus? The servers always create a warm and welcoming atmosphere.Written August 13, 2022
- One may take their time to heard the history and many stories of the past local merchant and traders. Interesting to heard this building was save by a professor and then the Shelburne community. Thank you to all the volunteers over the years!Written August 6, 2021
- The Shelburne's Museums is a great place to learn about different ways that people did things before and to explore and the different way people used to live it a wonderful place to goWritten September 19, 2021
- It always a great experience when I go home my dad was born in Sandy point some of my family still live there and it a wonderful place to visit it breath taken.talk walk you will really enjoy yourselfWritten September 19, 2021
- The Osprey offers an outsatnding range from Toronto operas, eclectic performances, movies, local bands, world class performers Like Jeremy Dutcher, Alan Syliboy and the Thundermakers, workshops, art installations and community collaboration. The only place in NS you can watch a movie and have a glass of wine at the same time. Space for functions and private hire. The OSPREY is an amazing place and truly offers something for everyoneWritten September 3, 2019
- Exploring in my local county, heard this was a great spot so went exploring. This is a delightful area to explore. You should be reasonably fit as you will travel to the beach on a downhill sloop and so therefore going back up can be an uphill battle. The sights and sounds and smells are so coastal and lovely. Lots of seals sunning on the rocks. This can be a short walk(3 km.) or a longer walk....many options, so wear good footwear. I enjoyed the walk, the views and the company. Highly recommend.Written October 14, 2018
- We visited the memorial while walking around town. It is a nice park and tribute. It is humbling to see all the ships and lives lost to this vital but dangerous industry. Fisherman are a hard working, independent, noble breed who are to be honored and respected. This is a nice park to do so.Written July 31, 2022
- This discovery was a highlight of our visit to this southeastern area of Nova Scotia. Those 5 houses are so unique and on the same street ( lower end of South St. ) that they now constitute the First Nova Scotia PROVINCIALLY Registered Streetscape. The houses which represent the 3 historic eras of Nova Scotia domestic architecture ( Colonial, Georgian, Victoria ) are each related to the children of an early we’ll know merchant, one Samuel Locke. They were built in / around 1836,1841 x 2, 1846, and 1876. While awed by the beauty and condition of each my favourite was the Victorian Locke Homestead.. a Second Empire style with its stunning mansard roof and wow the 3 Bay facade on top is unique. Just prior to the houses you will see an equally beautiful monument to this truly unique piece of Nova Scotia.Written August 11, 2018
- A great insight in to the past and where else cam you speak to a boat builder that still builds Dorys in teh traditiobal way ? Great little tax free gift shop too with quirky stuff and great Whirly GiggsWritten June 18, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Shelburne