What travellers are saying
- Interesting road side attraction, nice place to park and stretch your legs for a few along the waterfront.Written October 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Close walk 1 block from cruise port, sits this old house, watch your head in spots with the same old furnishings on all 3 floors, small admission fee of $4 helpful friendly staff narrating different areas in thd house, definitely worth checking out if you like historyWritten September 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Small gallery in the centre of Sydney. A variety of local crafts on display. Worth visiting if you are in the town.Written October 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Sydney waterfront has been nicely redeveloped, with a nice boardwalk, and several monuments. We came to Sydney on a cruise ship, so it was an easy walk for us.Written October 24, 2023
- My first visit to this place was just this summer and I'm sad that I didn't discover it sooner!
It was an easy peaceful walk and I will definitely be back again.Written September 28, 2020
- walked an hour through town from cruise port to trailhead, nice trail along a babbling brook. great way to spend a morning. can drive there and park though, if you prefer.Written August 1, 2023
- The church is nice, but hardly remarkable. However, ladies who serve as docents can share the background history and that is worth listening to. They'll tell you about this history of the pipe organ and the pews which are reserved for royalty. Without question, they are proud of their church and community and they want to winsomely share that story with you. I hope you get a chance to hear them.Written October 24, 2019
- Stopped by and had a flight. We were really impressed by the different beers. So much so that I have searched for, and purchased Breton beers anytime we are back in Nova Scotia. Particularly loved the Sons of Hector.Written September 28, 2022
- This is one of several monuments on the waterfront. There is a pleasant boardwalk which passes them. We were off a cruise ship, so it was a short walk to come along the boardwalk and see the monuments.Written October 24, 2023
- Coxheath is a very beautiful place to go for a trek. Everyone can go there because it is a short trek and people can climb it easly. There are ropes, made my trek easier. The view from the top was really awesome and i was feeling so pleasent. People also came for skiing and other adventures. My suggestion is to go in the morning or in the evening. The sunset was really beautiful from the top. And evening lights are good for photographers to take scenic pictures. Family and friends can enjoy the trip to the fullest.Written March 30, 2020
- It is always great to visit and learn about a home built in the 1700's. The staff (apparently volunteers) did a great job of sharing the history of the home and the family of the Cossit family. We learned in the kitchen of a drink the earlier settlers used to get vitamin C. They boiled pine and spruce needles to which they added things such as syrup and rum - we were provided a taste. The gentleman in the kitchen (in period clothing) was great!
You have several steps going in plus steps to the second floor, plus the atic. For 2$ well worth the visit. We visited on a rainy day when several cruise ships were in port. We arrived just a a tour group was leaving so the place was packed but soon cleared out to a reasonable number.Written October 12, 2019
- There isn't a piece of town history that isn't here from the steel and coal mines to family living and military history. Old cameras, typewriters, sewing machines, ovens, and so much more. The people were amazing with the hot coffee and oatmeal bars, friendly smiles and warm hospitality.Written September 4, 2023
- Stopped in to ask some questions and get a glimpse of the local newspapers. The staff were genuinely helpful and took the time to get us acquainted with the material we requested.Written September 2, 2022
- The town history and this church were intertwined. This church is the oldest still standing Catholic church on Cape Brenton Island. It became a meeting hall for an ancient order. The two young men running this museum were very knowledgeable and helpful with our many questions on the church and the area. A most worthwhile stop.Written September 8, 2023
- A lovely historic gun battery, with some good static displays. At the time of this writing it looks unattended do to Covid and the washrooms and such are closed. The views are stellar and you can get some amazing photos of the harbour and ocean. Great for sunsets.Written August 18, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- The best day trips from Sydney according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cabot Trail Bus Tour for Cruise Excursion
- Baddeck & Bell Museum Tour
- Cabot Trail Private Full Day Tour
- Private Tour at Fortress Of Louisburg
- Private Tour at Alexander Graham Bell Museum
Sydney Attractions Information
|Tuesday 11:36 a.m.|