Bars & Clubs • Breweries
What travellers are saying
- Had a beer flight and every one of my choices was great but the Diablo was my favourite for sure. The outdoor patio was very nice and relaxing. I decided to have lunch there after looking at the menu . I had the chimichanga which was very very good. Thanks Amber for the great service. Would highly recommend if you enjoy good beer.Written July 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The candy is very tasty and the prices are reasonable. Purchased several candy bars for friends and family.Written September 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Strong and varied wine list, excellent food, and the gorgeous decor. Staff know their stuff: our server recommended some excellent wines that we enjoyed with a great cheese platter. Loved our time here!Written August 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was here with 8 of us for a great show on Dec. 29th.
The host was great, and was able to feed of the energy of the audience, and even when a couple of other slower comics were on stage, and started to lose the crowd, the host was able to ramp the energy back up and get the crowd back into it. 2 other comics not so great including one that seemed baked for his set. The headliner was great and again, fed the crowd and worked off it.
Service staff was great, friendly, and quick.
The acoustics in there are great compared to some other comedy clubs we've been too.
Biggest issue was there was a couple of people talking loudly during the sets and the door staff didn't appear to make any effort to warn them, or ask them to quiet down. It's understandable that people are drinking, and are likely to be loud from time to time, but it's very annoying. Even more so when the door staff do not ask those persons to quiet down. Otherwise, this would have been a 5 star rating.Written December 30, 2018
- Pacifico’s Dine Around Halifax menu looked great and there was live jazz so we were excited to try this place. Absolutely loved the venue decor and atmosphere. The high ceilings & central bar in a former bank, splendid! The band, G Street Jazz, was awesome. Unfortunately the food and drink definitely need upgrading!
Maybe because this is a young people’s dance club masquerading as an upscale jazz club but the drinks are mediocre, the bartender had difficulty with a dry martini & the glassware is unimaginative. The chowder was flavourful, the Mandarin salad too sweet, the salmon was good, the beets & carrots were done to perfection but the poor fingerling potatoes were roasted within an inch of their lives. The beef Wellington was the most disappointing. Either it has been done ahead of time & reheated or was cooked from frozen. The pastry was a disgrace. The desserts were adequate. Even though it wasn’t very busy, the service was at best average.
I hope that management decides who they will cater to & pay attention to reviews.Written February 5, 2023
- Well finally came back to the area and after moving away over 20 years ago. Came in for some Saturday music beer and snacks
Had some beer and had the nachos. The band was a little loud for my liking but it could be the fact that I am not use to it.
The nachos were great although the peppers were hot for my liking but I will have to say that at least all the nachos were covered in cheese and toppings unlike a lot of other places I have had the nachos
The decor was absolutely what I was expecting compared to some of the comments I have seen on here. Some people expect the world. The seating and tables were in good shape.
When I return again and hopefully for good, this will be a regular place I will visit as the staff was very friendly which is a huge plus in my booksWritten June 29, 2019
- Good selection of beer, nice food. Quiet(ish) compared with other pubs on Argyle. Cheerful and extremely helpful wait staff. Thank you Cassandra.Written July 1, 2017
- The place was ok, but I didn't like the music. There are different floors with different DJ. The place is big, but the music isn't fun enough.Written June 28, 2015
- It is in a great building. Historical with really high sealing. Billiard tables average quality. The place is not for pro player. Billiard tables was not clean. Decoration has to renew ASAP. The only plus was barmaid.Written April 4, 2017
- Have you ever watched anime, and been amazed that all their karaoke places are separated into rooms and isn't just one person making a fool of themselves in front of everyone else in the bar? Well, Natural Karaoke is the place to go! While it says its sound proof rooms, you can definitely hear the people next to you. But it's not really a big deal, because you're there to have fun and no one can see you - there is no shame. It's a bit dark, but the rates are reasonable, and it is a lot of fun. The system can be a bit awkward to use, but they teach you how to use it. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5, is because the music selection isn't great for the English karaoke audience. I definitely recommend getting a group of friends together and checking it out!Written April 15, 2015
- This is an establishment targeted to the student population backpacking their way through the country. Basic food, basic service, basic clean facility and environment.Written September 7, 2017
- I was here on a monday. Not many people inside, but you could here the music outside! If you're looking for a place to dance and party..This is the place to go!
Toilets are clean and welcoming, no stains, paper or garbage on the floor!
Dj's that play party music
You find this Bar/nightclub in Argyle streetnWritten October 25, 2016
- I was in Halifax for an AGM and on Thursday November 6th went in and had great service and an awesome pizza. We decided to go back on Monday November 10th at about 10pm. I decided that I wanted spaghettini with meat sauce and added meatballs. The waitress was a little snotty and told me that I really wanted the spaghetti because it comes with meatballs. I explained that I really wanted MEAT sauce not just a tomato sauce. After a few sarcastic statements by the waitress, one of which being "I have worked here for a year and a half, I think that I would know if there is meat in the spagetti sauce. I felt pretty reassured that I was going to get what
I asked for even though I did not like the way the waitress was handling this. I got my order and we went back to the Lord Nelson Hotel. Low and behold after all of that, there was no meat in the sauce. Mind you the food was good! But that is not the point. She was a snotty waitress that didn't even know what she was talking about. I come every year to Halifax and I am unsure about going to Gatsby's again.Written November 15, 2008
- We felt like we caught the staff off-guard when we visited on what was probably the first patio day of the year in Halifax. We were seated at the bar while we waited for a table to be cleared on the patio. The bartender seemed uninterested in getting us our drinks. When we did order, she took her time to pour or beers. Once we moved outside, the server asked the host (in front of us) in a very snobby tone "What are THESE people doing here!?" The dialogue continued, and made us feel like an inconvenience. It was rude. They were rude. Not the best service. Not the best food. This was the only place where the classic East Coast Hospitality was not felt.Written April 30, 2014
- It was a nice and big place. Food took a very long time, but staff were nice. There were many pool tablesWritten March 17, 2020