3 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- One of the nicest libraries I've ever visited. Not only is it amazing architecturally, but the inside is really inviting and appealing. They have two cafes (one on ground floor, the other on top floor). They thoughtfully put out interesting book selections facing outward around the stacks, which lead to a lot of perusing of books. Lots of places to sit and read, or computers to use (including iPads and Chromebooks to borrow). Almost makes me wish I lived here to take advantage of the resources.Written August 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Convention Center occupies about 2 full blocks and has 120,000 square feet of meeting space. This will be one of the mixed uses the Nova Centre will contain. At the present time, some of the other towers are completed and one is going to be home to BMO Bank and the tower bears its name: part of the conditions that accompany the 10-year lease they signed that included naming rights.
The Convention Center was completed in 2017 and much is still in the planning stages for this part of Downtown Halifax.Written September 28, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If I could leave a zero rating I would. The staff does not deal with inappropriate behavior from teenagers who are literally screaming and running away from one area to another all the time as I have seen this occur on many occasions. They should be kicked out. I complained about it today and was swarmed by the group of teenagers as I left the building and was threatened.
A library should be a safe place to go. It is also not a gymnasium, or a place where crayons are thrown at you (Cole Harbor Library). Give these children/teens other options of places to play so tutors, and people who want to study can do so safely.
Perhaps the police should be called to stop the public mischief instead of blaming it on being short of staff!Written June 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Halifax
- These places are best for traveller resources in Halifax:See more traveller resources in Halifax on Tripadvisor