What travellers are saying
- We have made this a 'must do' when we visit Halifax in the summer. The production of Pinoccio was great fun and brilliantly presented by the cast. Lots of laughs from our group, young and old.Written August 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the oldest cemetery in Halifax and no doubt one of if not the oldest in Canada. Located in downtown it is surrounded by modern life yet the tombstones show their age and the names on many are faded. Nice to see that it has been preserved and not paved over by some developer.Written July 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great place to visit. We paddled over and had a great day of exploring, Geocaching, and hiking. I will go again. Not too busy as it's not easy to get to. You just need to plan your day. (However, some websites promote camping on the island. This is now prohibited. Too bad the websites aren't up to date.) Facilites (pit toilets), a great wharf, trails are easy on foot, views are incredible. History everywhere!Written June 22, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a beer flight and every one of my choices was great but the Diablo was my favourite for sure. The outdoor patio was very nice and relaxing. I decided to have lunch there after looking at the menu . I had the chimichanga which was very very good. Thanks Amber for the great service. Would highly recommend if you enjoy good beer.Written July 30, 2023
- What an amazing tour and experience! Paul is thoughtful, considerate, and knowledgeable. He LOVES his city and its history and conveys it so that you leave loving his city as much as he. As he took us around he explained what we were seeing. Enough time to explore at our stops. And we stayed away from the crowds. Worth ever penny! Book early as he offers small group tours.Written November 2, 2023
- We recently had a great, fun afternoon touring wineries in Nova Scotia with amazing tour guide Collen. Colleen was extremely personable, engaging and funny. She also was exceptionally knowledgeable about both the area and the wines it produces. If you have a chance to go on a wine tour out of Halifax with Colleen of Grape Escapes, do so. It is sure to be one of the most enjoyable and memorable parts of your entire trip.Written September 14, 2023
- Captain Caleigh Brodie and first mate Tineke were incredible hosts and provided my friend and I with a spectacular sight seeing trip. Surprisingly this experience was one of my highlights of this summer.
The Captain and Tineke (not to be confused with The Captain and Tinnelle) were engaging, took time to explain the concepts of sailing and answered any questions. They smiled a lot. They also created a safety first atmosphere that allowed us to fully enjoy the moment.
I’d highly recommend the tour, and if you’re lucky, you’ll find yourself in the same capable hands that I did.Written August 25, 2023
- It was my 60th birthday gift to me to visit Sable Island and thanks to Geordie with Picture Perfect Tours it was an incredibly special and memorable day. Geordie is a gifted storyteller. He shared the story of his family who once upon a time lived on the Island. Geordie talked about how the horses have survived and thrived for so many years, the rare species of birds and where to find them, and the best places to find treasures from ship wrecks washed ashore. There was a real sense of community with our small group. We laughed and marvelled at the majestic horses and the many sights. Thanks to Geordie's knowledge of the Island I always felt safe. If you have the chance to go to Sable Island, I'd highly recommend Picture Perfect Tours for your visit. I can't wait to go again!Written November 28, 2023
- We went for a round trip drive on Alternative Routes back in May. Sam was attentive and easy to deal with when we booked our journey, and friendly and knowledgeable when we met up to drive around southern Nova Scotia. She knows lots of people in each of the towns we stopped at, and you can tell that she really cares about the communities and introducing her customers to what they have to offer. We had a great time and great conversation on the way back. We were very pleased to have booked with her, and would recommend Alternative Routes to anyone visiting Halifax.Written September 9, 2019
- Amazing tour with our guide AL. We did the Halifax/Peggy's Cove Tour. He has so knowledgable and friendly. We visited many sites, a few off the beaten path. I highly recommend this company, great communication, wonderful private tour, fast meet up off the ship, and beautiful sights to see. Best tour guide and tour of our trip.Written October 30, 2023
- Ryan was perfect! We had such a great day with him. We loved that he was so passionate and knowledgeable about his hometown. We were almost ready to move there after hearing his love for Halifax! We asked for specifics to our day and everything was covered. Even when we expressed a desire to have some fresh fish for lunch and not at a sit-down restaurant, he found a perfect side of the road spot to eat that was delish! We had physical limitations for some of our group and he adjusted everything so all could participate. He shared a wealth of information with us about Halifax and it was interesting to listen to. He even answered our barrage of questions! His ride was comfortable and we appreciated that he had a microphone so we could hear him perfectly (a few of us have hearing challenges). One of the most memorable experiences in our day was a lovely hike to some beautiful scenery and him playing his guitar and singing local folk songs. He's incredibly talented and meant to be a tour guide. The whole day and experience is a memory engrained in our hearts forever! Truly would use him again in a heartbeat!Written September 22, 2022
- Karl was THE BEST!!! Very attentive…knowledgeable on the area and history..fantastic sense of humour….went out of his way to show us sights off the beaten path. Karl took the time to get to know each and every one in our group of 5 classy old birds.
We saw more in 2 days then what we could have hoped for…If we ever come back to Halifax…..Karl is the first person we will call….
Thanks again for a wonderful 2 days.
Patti….Nancy….Barb….Cheryl……JudyWritten September 24, 2023
- Incredible experience at LLAC! I visited the lake on a trip to Halifax last summer and as a city girl who does not have much experience with lake activities, my experience was nothing short of fantastic. The staff were helpful, knowledgeable, welcoming and kind. The sun was shining and I had so much fun! Would recommend to anyone visiting the Halifax area.Written June 16, 2023
- We really enjoyed our two day-long tours with Blue Diamond Tours. Garry was a very interesting and informative guide who shared a lot of his knowledge with us. He was willing to answer our questions and to ensure we saw and learned about things which interested us. He was also able to be flexible around some limitations which occurred after Hurricane Dorian.Written October 6, 2019