Speciality & Gift Shops
Showing results 1-30 of 34
What travellers are saying
- Great variety of styles and prices. Staff always very helpful! Hats for everyone, even those who claim they can't wear hats.Written November 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely shop selling quality, unique gifts for the home. I love that it’s a working studio and the owner/artisans are on site to explain their process. Beautiful handcrafted glasswork and gorgeous linen soft goods for the home. I even got a peak at their tiny garden out back where they were brewing up some natural dyes. A real gem!
So excited to see that the shop has re-opened since Covid. The owner artist was busy during lockdown and has expanded into creating lovely hand built ceramic pieces.Written August 10, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Xavier was super knowledgeable in all things cheese!! We popped in looking for a very specific, hard-to-find cheese. Not only did he have it, he introduced us to several new, fabulous varieties that we thoroughly enjoyed. If you’re in the area, definitely worth the stop!Written September 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited this place while on a “Niagara Wow Tour” that included a little jam tasting. The staff were so friendly and knowledgeable about the different flavors of products they offer! I felt I had no choice but to take some home with me. The store itself is a delight and it’s a nice way to bring Niagara back home with you.Written July 5, 2023
- We were exploring the cute little town of Niagara on the Lake, looking in a quaint shops that line the main boulevard. Most of them are touristy (this one included), but we were intrigued by the cute merchandise in the window and their small wine bar that holds local ice wine tastings. It's difficult to find a place that will let you try a flight of wines from different vineyards and different wine producers, so I was happy that Wine Country Vintners had multi-brand flights. They only do ice wine, however.
We shared a $20 tasting of 3 ice wines. All were good but it's an acquired taste because they are super sweet. It was like drinking a glass of syrup! The woman hosting us was very kind and knowledgeable and even recommended a few places to visit. With the purchase of a tasting, they extend a small discount if you purchase one of the bottles in the flight.
The shop is cute too, and carries a big variety of regional wines (not only ice wine). It has all sorts of things that wine lovers will adore, from designer glasses to books to local souvenirs to cute wine accessories. I noticed several sale tags that had significant price reductions on some items. I came home with a set of wine glass drink markers that had been marked down to $2 from a retail price of $20!
This is a must-stop if you're in Niagara on the Lake. It's one of the more fun shops in the area, and a great place for wine lovers to browse.Written October 10, 2023
- This is a great place to try difference flavours of both olive oils & vinegars. They are, of course, all from the solid brand, so may not be as available in regular grocery stores.Written September 6, 2022
- We haven't visited Niagara-on-the-Lake for many, many years and wanted to see if our favourite fudge shop was still good. We were not disappointed. Great flavour selection. Beautiful shop. Way better fudge than in Niagara Falls.Written July 19, 2022
- A really quaint shop on the main drag in the Historic District. There were so many things to look at, it was almost overwhelming.Written September 7, 2023
- No trip to the region would be complete without a visit to Picard's Nuts. It's just a small place packed full of great snacks. This year I purchased the Bavarian beer nuts, which went perfect with beer and whisky. We also purchased many flavored peanuts, some of which actually made it home with us. Everything there is fresh and delicious. The staff are friendly and prices very reasonable. Be sure to pick up some snacks as you travel the wineries of the area.Written November 22, 2019
- Its like breathing..... you have to go and enjoy a sample of what they have made. We ended up sitting and enjoying their creations!Written August 19, 2019
- I’ve been using their hand sanitizer for the past 2 years and it’s the best I’ve ever used.
Everytime I come to NOTL I stock up for me and my loved ones plus extra goodies like the teas and chocolates.
Their shop next door with ice cream and popsicles are great because it’s natural delicious flavours.
This time I wasn’t able to physically go into the store so I ordered my sanitizers and had them delivered to the hotel I was staying at in the area. They offer free delivery in the niagara region which I found to be absolutely wonderful as I was crunched for time on this trip.
The customer service is amazing and friendly. The owner absolutely lovely.
Please support and shop local you won’t regret it especially their hand sanitizers because they are very moisturizing and smell great too.
My favs are Orange Blossom Peach and Lavender.Written May 4, 2022
- Advertising pays. We've lived in Niagara for awhile now but just read about The Fruit Shack in the local paper and made a trip out (about 10 minutes) because of the Butter Tarts. They really are great, just the right sweetness and a great flaky pastry. And very big.
We're going back again to get a final order before they close their retail store on Feb 24 2019. (And freeze them!)
Its worth the stop, and you can pre order them so you don't have to worry about them being sold out.
PS a great little shop as well and everything will be cleared out soon.Written February 6, 2019
- An absolutely beautiful town with the nicest people! Well worth visiting and would definitely return.Written August 9, 2023
- You get an amazing experience with great service at this store. They have samples of everything they sell so you know exactly what you’re getting. The staff is great to help you know what are the popular things and what else you would like based on the choices you make. They have a great buy 5 get the 6th free or buy 10 and get 3 free specials. We go here each time we are in Niagara.Written October 26, 2019
- Very unique candy store that has plenty to offer. A little bit on the expensive side for candy, but worth it as it offers items you can’t find anywhere else.Written November 21, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake
- These are the best places for kid-friendly gift & speciality shops in Niagara-on-the-Lake:See more gift & speciality shops for children in Niagara-on-the-Lake on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking gift & speciality shops in Niagara-on-the-Lake:See more gift & speciality shops for couples in Niagara-on-the-Lake on Tripadvisor