- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- There is a retail store in town and the farm. Stop at the farm for a nice view of the live plants. Nice staff that wants to explain everything.Written August 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Such a cute shop!
Such lovely staff on hand!
Such delicious fresh sandwiches and treats!
We always stop here while cycling or walking along the Niagara river bike path. It’s a must for us!Written June 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A dozen years ago, after touring Niagara Falls we headed north along the escarpment and came across a roadside fruit stand selling the most delicious cherries I'd ever tasted. In the many seasons since then, we had driven that same road several times . . . but never during peak fruit season, so the retail shop wasn't open.
After a four-year absence from Canada, this past week we drove the route again, and I mentioned to hubby that we should be on the lookout for the fruit stand in case it might still exist. Sure enough! Van de Laar Orchards was open for business. And it happened to be peak season for both cherries and strawberries.
We bought a large container of each, which totaled 13 CAD (or about $9 USD). The fruit was perfectly ripe and so incredibly juicy - some of the best I've ever eaten . . . again. I'm so pleased that Van de Laar is still growing some of the finest fruit in North America. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy some of their harvest again next summer when we're in the area.Written July 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What can Monte say other than another FAB visit. Love the farm fresh products. We were saddened by the news the zipline is home due to insurance issues (or so Monte would assume ). It's still with the drive for America's freshest and tastiest produce!Written July 31, 2017
- I am a local who is grateful that I live within driving distance. So many delicious choices that it takes me a long time to make my shopping decisions each and every time. The Asiago mixtures are soooo good as are the many jams, chutneys, dips, sauces, etc. The Covid issue has made an impact on being able to taste test before you by but the staff is helpful. Make sure you stop in and look around - you wont be sorry!Written August 24, 2020
- Definitely not for newbies, which we are, but it was very interesting to see the many grades of ginseng available--some of them at prices we couldn't dream of paying. Very nicely laid out. The staff were not pushy and didn't mind that we were just looking.Written September 24, 2018
- We won’t return… It costs $5 per person to get in + $10 that you apply on the peaches you pick. So $30 to start for a couple. We picked two baskets of peaches. When weighed, they added another $11 since our baskets contained a little under 8 pounds ($4 per pound x 7.75 pounds - $20 paid at entrance). So $41 in total for two baskets of peaches is a scam! We had to ask several questions to get the exact pricing and there were few peaches left on the trees. We ate, on site, the very few ripe ones we found. At least they were sweet and juicy. I hope the ones we picked will be as tasty when the ripen…Written August 8, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake
- These are the best places for budget-friendly farms in Niagara-on-the-Lake:See more budget-friendly farms in Niagara-on-the-Lake on Tripadvisor