- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- Tucked away in the corner of the village of Queenston is a small but very interesting museum. The purpose of the museum is two-fold: a history of William Lyon Mackenzie, who published his anti-establishment newspaper here for a short time before moving to Toronto (and getting into lots of trouble), and the history of printing press. Both are dealt with well. The history of the printing press, with vintage machines, is demonstrated up to the modern age. The tour guide gives a detailed account of how they worked, and the changes in technology that allowed going from 200 copies to 200,000 copies or more. It gives you an appreciation on how hard it was to produce something we take for granted. If you're into historical museums, this won't disappoint.Written August 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great little museum, $5 entry fee. NOTL has a fascinating history and I thoroughly recommend you do their walking tour. It's only $10 and you learn so much fascinating history about NOTL and the surrounding area. Do the tour first (they meet in the park at the bandstand) and your walk down the Main Street after will mean so much more because you'll know the stories behind so many of the buildings.Written June 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very interesting building, all made of wood as are mist of the buildings in this area. Looking through the windows you can see a huge range of what used to be the latest medical equipment. It was originally operated as the the apothecary but closed in 1964 and was subsequently opened as a museum.Written May 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake
- These places are best for speciality museums in Niagara-on-the-Lake:See more speciality museums in Niagara-on-the-Lake on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly speciality museums in Niagara-on-the-Lake:See more budget-friendly speciality museums in Niagara-on-the-Lake on Tripadvisor