What travellers are saying
- We had a great time visiting your vineyard. We were so pleased with the tasting experience Marcella provided. She went through the wines and described them then let us select what we wanted to taste. Every other place had us pick then described as they poured. It was so helpful to know about the wine in advance. Several of us chose to taste different wines based on her descriptions. And we bought several bottles of wine we would not have even tasted based on our thoughts of the wine types. But because of her we tried and liked things we didn't think we would. She's a keeper!Written November 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Awesome experience. Francois was our guide and he did an amazing job as our tour guide and answered all our questions.Written November 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Reif Estate Winery is a great winery for a tasting, they have several options available that are sure to please everyone.
The grounds and building are beautiful and the staff was knowledgeable and welcoming.
We did end up with a couple of bottles.Written November 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had an amazing experience there! Cam was taking care of us and he was very professional and provided the best service we could ever ask for, with really good recommendations and tips! Hope to back again and experience more!Written November 24, 2023
- A Christmas Coral - great fun. Talented cast. We will return to Shaw in the future. My 12 year old granddaughter thoroughly enjoyed it.Written November 29, 2023
- We had a wine tasting at Inniskillin Winery this afternoon and Hannah, Yuna &Tony gave us exceptional welcoming friendly service! We highly recommend the experience to one and all!Written November 15, 2023
- MUST GO! Quaint, amazing shopping area complete with places to eat and drink. Everyone is friendly, views are beautiful.Written November 13, 2023
- Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Aaron made our experience fun, personal, and educational. We will definitely be back!Written September 26, 2023
- We had a wonderful visit to Jackson-Triggs Niagara estate this past Friday Nov 10. The building and vineyards are beautiful, the food and wine were delicious and everyone we interacted with were lovely - from Pierre's warm welcome to Maggie's great suggestions for lunch (local cheese and charcuterie board, confit duck salad, short rib tacos) and our wine tasting to our conversations with Glenna and others on the team in the Gift shop where we bought bottles of ice wine for ourselves and for gifts for family members. Thank you for a lovely visit.Written November 12, 2023
- Enjoyed a wonderful wine tasting and charcuterie plate with a beautiful view. Vlad took wonderful care of my grandmother and I, and helped me with an order to ship wine home to GA. Thank you for a wonderful time!Written October 29, 2023
- Sadly we were unable to do the wine tasting but we went to the whiskey bar and it was so nice. Some of the best mixed drinks i've had and the staff was very helpful. Also had outdoor heaters and a nice little pondWritten November 27, 2023
- If you are visiting NotL make sure you spend some time visiting Fort George. This is a great faithful reconstruction of the original site complete with some original artefacts. There are heaps of staff on site, in period costume, who are very knowledgeable and eager to answer your questions. Having no knowledge of the history of the area, I walked away with a good understanding of the history around the 1812 war. Make sure you time your visit for the musket demonstration - this is well worth seeing. The person demonstrating one of the weapons had some difficulty with the firing mechanism highlighting the issues with this type of weapon - the commentary was hilarious and had us all laughing.Written October 8, 2023
- Nov 4-5 was the Member's Weekend for the Trius/Peller/Gretsky/30 Bench Group
We spent most of Saturday doing 3 events at Truis. This year there were nominal charges for most events.
1) The pre-release tasting was much better managed this year as it was presented as a seated tasting for a selection of 8 pre-release wines. They presented wines from each estate and as a panel had 3 winemakers and the estate sommelier to present and discuss each. The winemakers were fully knowledgeable about their wines giving details of the year/varietal and comparisons between vintages. The sommelier suggested pairing for all wines. The panel was responsive to questions and a good time was had by all.
2) You had me at Merlot - Second event was a wine and food pairing. Trius Sommelier and Chef Dodd. Chef Dodd prepared three excellent pairings - A parsley embedded goat cheese topped with honeycomb to go with the Truis Brut. A slightly spice poached pear on lightly smoked Five Brothers with the 1st Merlot and Niagara gold with onion jam to go with the RHS Merlot. Each bite paired amazingly with it's selected wine. Chef was good enough to share the secrets of how to make the goat cheese and onion jam.
And then you went home with a take-out box of selected cheeses. How can you miss?
3) Savory Bites and Back Vintages
If you are lucky enough to have some of these wines in your cellar ... Here's how they are tasting now. And what goes with them. Again another selection of suggested pairings with wines that are very limited in availability. But also a tribute to how the wines of Trius (formerly Hillebrand) are standing up to today's tastes. Do they measure up? Without a doubt.Written November 5, 2023
- Had a really great time at this winery. I had the BEST pizza that I’ve ever had, and I’ve been to Italy!! The wines that we tried were very good and settled on the double pressed. I highly recommend visiting this winery with its great food, drink and staff.Written October 17, 2023
- First we did a wine tasting. The young man who served us was friendly and knowledgeable about their wines and shared the story of the history of the winery. We found a couple wines we enjoyed. But the real highlight was the restaurant. The food was outstanding! A very delicious fig and pear salad was the highlight but the pirogi putine was good as well. We liked the food so well, we came back 3 days later for something different. We loved the food. On a side note, when we were at 2 other wineries, people were recommending Caroline for food. Saying much the same as we have.Written November 3, 2023