Escape Games • Speciality Museums
What travellers are saying
- A brilliant 1 1/2 hour trip back in time to an era that seems like a nightmare in these modern times. Our guide, Graham, was informaive and funny and kept us going through the complex with anecdotes that really made the history come alive. Well worth the visit.Written October 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the best time ever!! I went with my daughter, nephew and niece (aged 10 to 15) and did The Castle. It was so well done!! It is relatively easy to do (what I mean is that is a accessible for kids) and the room is so realistic! The employees were great and made our experience fantastic. Highly recommended! Thanks! :-)Written November 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited the Queen location on November 25th. Great atmosphere, amazing staff and very challenging!! Highly recommendWritten November 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great time was had by all. Participated...and escaped the Hooked theme room. Looking forward to going back again and trying out a different room.Written March 22, 2023
- This September was our third family trip to room escapes in Ottawa. Our family loves the puzzles.
Our first visit was last winter when we took on “serial killer charade”, the easiest rated room listed. During this escape room, at the end a door was left open that should have been shut. It broke immersion a bit but our family still had a blast. We assumed it was a one off and still planned to come back to try other rooms. Staff was amazing!
On our second visit in July 2023 we took on “boom room” which was set up perfectly and we had a great time solving this one!
This last visit took place in early September and we tried the room called “outbreak”. Outbreak had the potential to be the best room yet, however, something glitches out (without spoilers there is an interactive figure that communicates as you progress and it restarted somehow and we got stuck because we couldn’t figure out how to move forward). Long story short staff had to enter the room during our play through and fix the issue. They gave us more time to solve the puzzles but overall our family had become frustrated and a bit burnt out by this point and finished with a bit less enthusiasm than we might have normally had.
I would absolutely recommend room escape as it is fun and immersive. The puzzles are amazing and force you to think and they have really put thought into how they’ve arranged these experiences. Hopefully the hiccups we experienced are not something that happens often.Written September 27, 2023
- Had a wonderful time at Lockdown's escape room. The staff were beyond helpful and accommodating in making reservations and plans for a group of 9. The host was entertaining and contributed to a fun time tying to escape. The puzzles were challenging but did not seem impossible (even though we didn't make it out). Will definetly come back for another attempt with my group!Written December 10, 2022
- Our group of 3 did all of the escape rooms over 3 days and enjoyed each one! We also took advantage of the 25% discount if you booked another escape at their kiosk, which was nice! Unfortunately we didn’t successfully escape any of them, but the staff did a great job of hosting each experience and boosting our morale at the end of each one haha. (Thanks, Corey!)
The first one we did was The Magician’s Studio, which turned out to be our least favourite. It was a tricky room, but it had some cool puzzles to solve! Ultimately it came down to lacking time and hands to work on things. There wasn’t as large of a variety of locks so we kept having to try the same combinations on different locks. We did get stuck a couple of times so although we were sort of close (not quite) this one was not as successful of an escape as we’d hoped to have going in!
The second one we did was The Boudoir, in an attempt to redeem ourselves (we didn’t). The theme of the room was very fun and our host Finn was really nice and helpful! We weren’t quite on top of our game in this one and missed small but important things which wasted our time. We were pretty close to the end though; if we had more time or worked faster we could’ve made it! It was interesting doing the puzzles in this one, they were varied and fun to solve. :)
The last one we did was The Parlour, which was our most successful room out of them all, even if we didn’t actually escape. We had only very slightly messed up the final puzzle which would have led us out the room when the timer went off. But it was fun! The puzzles all fit in very well with the theme of the room, and they were interesting to solve. We only really got held up by two of the puzzles, but our host Elizabeth and the other staff were very helpful in their hints. We wish we had made it out of the room in time but it was a fun experience nonetheless!
Overall I’m glad we did these rooms! We’re kind of disappointed having three near-escapes and none fully a success but it was a fun time for each of us, and I’d definitely recommend doing any of these rooms with friends or family! (The more people, the better.)Written January 4, 2020
- My 14 year old invited friends to the Victorian Vampire Escape Room to celebrate her birthday. They really enjoyed it. Enthusiastically, they told me how they worked together to solve clues - challenging but solvable. Very much recommend.Written October 23, 2022
- it was fun. the place was really organized and the people were nice. i would definitely do it again and with more peopleWritten April 2, 2019
- Very friendly and helpful staff upon arrival and during escape room experience. No food available due to Christmas rush.Written December 17, 2018
- Didn’t know what to expect with an outdoor escape room, but it was very fun! A refreshing twist on the traditional experience. Highly recommend giving it a try!Written August 21, 2023
- We did the Gallery. It's a good room. I haven't done their other rooms here yet though.
If you're looking for updated reviews check out Escape Manor Hintonburg. Escape Manor purchased Claustrophobia awhile ago and upgraded it. I've also heard they will be doing the same thing with Mystery Motel in the Market. That will make four locations in the Ottawa area for the company.Written August 18, 2016
- Brought the kids with a family friend. They all had a blast and we will definitely be back. Lots of different types of rides for all ages.Written August 6, 2019
- We were there today with our 6 year old twins and had the most amazing time! Our girls couldn’t have solved it on their own but they had so much fun working together, searching for clues, and helping us figure out the puzzles. The theme was great, the room was really well done, and the staff was so helpful and nice. Such a fun activity to do as a family!Written April 23, 2023
- Well adapted for adults! Candy and Space were two extraordinary rooms filled with vibrant decors and thrilling challenges! Meagan and Hannah made the experience enjoyable and memorable. I highly recommend visiting the location. It's great for all ages.Written September 26, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ottawa
- These are the best hidden gems for room escape games in Ottawa:See more hidden gem room escape games in Ottawa on Tripadvisor