- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
23 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Excellent experience, highly recommended!
Arrival experience was impeccable, friendly staff and the very good service and support. We loved the Recruit, we could not escape it but will return for sure.Written March 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- our first time going and we did their new room "Pirates Code" the room was very nice looking and really sets the mood and matchs the theme. we were surprised when we walked into the room "WOW... this is so cool" just being in the room is an experience by itself, they must have spent a lot of time making it. its one of the harder rooms and with just the two us we almost made it out, the puzzles are really well made but not imposible we had so much fun and will for sure go again to try out the other rooms.Written July 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not sure how the experience was modified due to covid. From previous reviews it seemed there would have been someone in the room with us.. Regardless that wasnt the case. We still had a lot of fun. Not a big fan of the 45 mins time. We could have used another 5 mins but thats specific to us.
Im giving it 5 stars cause the staff was friendly and engaging.
They made the visit notable. Thank you !Written July 24, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Deliverance was a fantastic room. There was enough to keep everyone busy and doing something, and unlike other rooms, this one takes up two levels. I loved the wide range of way to solve puzzles, and the storyline was a great way to keep things tied together. They even threw in a free T-shirt for me because it was my birthday!Written January 25, 2020
- This is a neat place if you are interested in Cold War era history. So much cool stuff in here and as a techie vintage technology. The displays are informative. We did self guided and I kind of wish I had done a guided tour.Written August 12, 2022
- Our group of 3 did all of the escape rooms over 3 days and enjoyed each one! We also took advantage of the 25% discount if you booked another escape at their kiosk, which was nice! Unfortunately we didn’t successfully escape any of them, but the staff did a great job of hosting each experience and boosting our morale at the end of each one haha. (Thanks, Corey!)
The first one we did was The Magician’s Studio, which turned out to be our least favourite. It was a tricky room, but it had some cool puzzles to solve! Ultimately it came down to lacking time and hands to work on things. There wasn’t as large of a variety of locks so we kept having to try the same combinations on different locks. We did get stuck a couple of times so although we were sort of close (not quite) this one was not as successful of an escape as we’d hoped to have going in!
The second one we did was The Boudoir, in an attempt to redeem ourselves (we didn’t). The theme of the room was very fun and our host Finn was really nice and helpful! We weren’t quite on top of our game in this one and missed small but important things which wasted our time. We were pretty close to the end though; if we had more time or worked faster we could’ve made it! It was interesting doing the puzzles in this one, they were varied and fun to solve. :)
The last one we did was The Parlour, which was our most successful room out of them all, even if we didn’t actually escape. We had only very slightly messed up the final puzzle which would have led us out the room when the timer went off. But it was fun! The puzzles all fit in very well with the theme of the room, and they were interesting to solve. We only really got held up by two of the puzzles, but our host Elizabeth and the other staff were very helpful in their hints. We wish we had made it out of the room in time but it was a fun experience nonetheless!
Overall I’m glad we did these rooms! We’re kind of disappointed having three near-escapes and none fully a success but it was a fun time for each of us, and I’d definitely recommend doing any of these rooms with friends or family! (The more people, the better.)Written January 4, 2020
- I had the opportunity to be one of the first lucky ones test out the newly released Hockey Fans Unite escape room at Lockdown. The puzzles are fun yet challenging. The room itself is very visually appealing. Definitely recommended!Written November 27, 2019
- What a fun experience!! We’re a family of seven with kids 15, 14, 12, 10 and 8. We did the Vampire room and although we didn’t make it out in time we had a blast.Written March 20, 2022
- Very friendly and helpful staff upon arrival and during escape room experience. No food available due to Christmas rush.Written December 17, 2018
- it was fun. the place was really organized and the people were nice. i would definitely do it again and with more peopleWritten April 2, 2019
- We did the Gallery. It's a good room. I haven't done their other rooms here yet though.
If you're looking for updated reviews check out Escape Manor Hintonburg. Escape Manor purchased Claustrophobia awhile ago and upgraded it. I've also heard they will be doing the same thing with Mystery Motel in the Market. That will make four locations in the Ottawa area for the company.Written August 18, 2016
- Brought the kids with a family friend. They all had a blast and we will definitely be back. Lots of different types of rides for all ages.Written August 6, 2019
- Well adapted for adults! Candy and Space were two extraordinary rooms filled with vibrant decors and thrilling challenges! Meagan and Hannah made the experience enjoyable and memorable. I highly recommend visiting the location. It's great for all ages.Written September 26, 2020
- We were the only booking on Tuesday evening so the attendant could focus on us. We were told that usually she could give two clues but when we asked for more, she was quick to help. The room is lovely with interesting effects. There were a few red herrings that kept me occupied until our charming helper came in to point us in another direction. I really enjoyed the time we spent there. It was a challenge to us and would also be a challenge to more experienced escape room aficionados.Written October 5, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Ottawa
- These are the best hidden gems for room escape games in Ottawa:See more hidden gem room escape games in Ottawa on Tripadvisor