What travellers are saying
- You HAVE to include a trip to Greenwich Sand Dunes on your list. This place was absolutely beautiful!
We went in off season so there was no charge and nobody around. It felt like had the place to ourselves.
The trails to the dunes are mostly flat and include some wooded area and a floating boardwalk. It was a very windy day but the boardwalk was no issue.
The sand dunes and beach was peaceful. The sound of the powerful wind and waves were like something we've never heard before.
You won't regret visiting here.Written September 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Cathedral Parish at St. Dunstan's Basilica is stunning with it's stained glass windows, Gothic art and architecture. It is open to visitors Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm (except during worship services) and is free to the public.
Definitely worth a visit.Written November 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well preserved historical site completely dedicated to the author Lucy Montgomery. I've actually never read any of her books but even at that enjoyed exploring the grounds and house. Lots of fans obviously from tour buses etc that arrived. Only suggestion is to ask for best times to try to avoid the tours that come in.Written November 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Having lived in Florida for four decades, I’ve seen many beaches… Bland sand, sunburned tourists, lack of geological diversity. Our tour bus stopped here for a couple of hours. A park ranger on the boardwalk had a display of many shellfish, one I mistakenly identified as a crab leg fragment. Nope! It was a clam shell. The boardwalk has an elevated observation deck for those who may have ambulation issues with stairs and walking in sand. For me, the water was cold for a toe dip but others enjoyed full immersion swims. Burr! I was shocked to see some had gathered sink-sized clam shells. Sand dunes, wild grasses and changing hues of water are a painter’s delight. This is a perfect place for a family outing.Written October 17, 2022
- We were able to get tickets to this wonderful production, which was walking distance from our hotel. Fabulous theatre and production. If you’re coming to town, please consider going. I actually purchased the Cows hilarious T-shirt riffing on the comedy play in the lobby.
We also attended the lecture on the formation of the Confederation. Also excellent.Written October 8, 2022
- Victoria Park is a great place for a walk or bike ride! We visited on a warm fall day, and enjoyed exploring through the park. It has a lovely boardwalk area with lots of park benches to relax and enjoy the water views. Definitely worth a visit!Written November 5, 2022
- When visiting PEI, Biking the Confederation Trail is a Must do! Stunning scenery and coolest Trail stations converted into Trail side shops selling Food and ice cream along with Public Clean Washrooms is great! This we saw in Kensington PEI about 10kms out of Summerside on the trail. We used Clarks Motel in Summerside as our base and launched across the street on the Confederation trail and spent the whole day just site seeing what train passengers used to see many years ago. We knocked off 65kms in about 6 hrs. ending up in Bordon PEI at Ceretti’s grocery and Irving station, where we dropped off our Truck the night before, as it was only a 18 min drive to do so from Clarks Motel in Summerside PEI. It was awesome and we are already planning another trip in Aug this year!Written July 20, 2021
- The show we saw SEARCHING FOR ABEGWEIT ran about 2 hours including intermission. Their shows change frequently. Tickets were $40 eachWritten September 5, 2022
- Our expectation was of a better maintained lighthouse and property. The cliffs were pretty. There are better views of the bridge from Chelton Beach but it was a nice day and the drive on the Fernwood Road was interesting.Written September 6, 2019
- Really enjoyed the tour of this historic home. Tour guide was very knowledgeable about house and early Charlottetown. Would recommend.Written June 8, 2022
- The view is worth pulling over on the road to see. The colors, vistas and waves are spectacular. Great photos await.Written October 8, 2022
- We just happened upon a reading of a Montgomery short story at the museum, which was an unexpected and delightful surprise.Written August 26, 2022
- In the morning of Monday August 29th, 2022, while driving through Charlottetown we decided to stop at Peake’s Wharf. Peake’s Wharf, at the city’s waterfront is the central focus for visitors and residents alike with its restaurants, craft shops, boat tours of the harbour and boardwalks along the waterfront.
This area from the cruise ship wharf to Victoria Park is perfect for sightseeing; our photos were taken as we walked south of Queen Street and Water St. Parkway. Here we can see the P.E.I. Convention Centre, the boats at the Charlottetown Yacht Club, the 2022 Display, the red Play-Me-Piano, and the many locks at famous Love Locks Sculpture. We would rate this scenic stopover as 5 stars.Written December 1, 2022
- Highly recommend this stunning beach that has a cafe, shops and clean washroom available close by. Lifeguards on duty when we were thereWritten August 30, 2022
- Beautiful scenery, peaceful and serene. Nice walk around the fishing boats and huts. Quiet in September but we enjoyed that.Written October 2, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Prince Edward Island
- The best day trips from Prince Edward Island according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Deluxe tour of the North Shore and Charlottetown Prince Edward Island
- Amazing PEI Experience
- Full Day North and South Shore Prince Edward Island tour
- Scenic North Shore and Anne
- Davids North Shore Tour