- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- We were so lucky to visit Montreal during Jazz Fest, and what a wonderful experience. Highly recommend for any music lover to attend this. Music from all over the globe. So interesting.Written February 5, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This does not seem to be highly publicized but I read about it in advance of our visit. Thought we would have had a view from our high floor Airbnb but I misunderstood our host's info - we could only see by pressing our faces to the window in one bedroom - still it was a cool event.
I wonder if there are any roof top restaurants or bars that take reservations - I think given the proper advance prep - this can be a highlight.Written August 11, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been introduced to so many new artists that I have now added to my playlists that I can’t believe it. The variety of music and artists were brilliant. We went for the 3 day as Platinum Tickets. It was so worth it. The festival music schedule is on time and their app lets you set up what you want to see with reminders so you max out your experience. The metro made it so easy to get there. 3 day metro tickets for $17 a person what a deal. We stayed at a rental in Gay Village so just a hop on and go. It was a pleasure to see the talent and sheer joy of the musicians. Best experience. We will go back next year.Written August 23, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Good:
-The views are good from the grandstands (especially 11, 12 ,15, 24, 21, 34) , the tickets are affordable by F1 standards.
-The park is an amazing setting, you can go to the outside and watch the race, and it will be completely serene in the middle or by the beach.
-The metro/transport is miraculous by car racing standards. At most tracks you'll spend more time walking to your car and staying in a line to get out of a lot then getting to downtown Montreal from the race.
-It's an F1 race (!!!) and one of the more entertaining tracks.
-You can bring as much food as you want
-The support series are fairly weak, Ferrari Challenge aside.
-Major traffic control issues between sessions at the entrance/exit chokepoints near the grandstands and around the casino.
-Screens are 1990s sized and it's very hard to make out text on them.
-You can't bring in alcohol
If you're new to F1/car racing:
-Do NOT expect a hockey arena/football stadium quality experience, think outdoor concert (portajohns, food trucks) and pack/plan accordingly.
-On that note, do NOT buy general admission if you care about following the race at all, unless you want to line up at 8AM . Even if you end up in 46/47, it's worth it to have a place to sit.
-Take the little kids on Friday so you can be around a more chill atmosphere, not on Saturday or SundayWritten August 29, 2022
- We came with my partner from New York to attend Igloofest! When we arrived we immediately appreciated the atmosphere of the festival. It was certainly very cold but it was really a fun and incredible evening. In addition we took advantage of the hotel package with double room and it was quite accessibleWritten November 8, 2019
- Attended the last night of the Francofolies in which the orchestra played outdoors with several famous Quebecoise singers. People were well-behaved, show was great.Written June 27, 2014
- Didn’t really have a lot of information about this show it was recommended by a friend so didn’t know what to expect. It was surreal and a unique experience I completely enjoyed. The experience involves putting on virtual reality equipment and moving about the exhibit space as though you were on the international space center. You partake in vignettes with the astronauts in three dimensions. The conclusion of the experience includes an installation with light images and mirrors. The description above doesn’t do it justice but I enjoyed it and would consider going againWritten September 21, 2021