Top Attractions in Whitehorse
What travellers are saying
- We were taken to the Wildlife Preserve by Northern Tales and our guide was Cata. We loved everything about the Preserve. We had great views of all the animals and really enjoyed the way they were living in natural habitat.
What made the tour even better for us was we had Cata, from Northern Tales Aurora Company, as our guide. Her knowledge of all the animals and her enthusiasm for them made everything so much more interesting. She had an incredible amount of information of each and every species.
Huge kudos to Cata. A wonderful guide. We also had the opportunity to go with her to the Northern Tales viewing area and once again she provided us with another array of knowledge. Thank you so much CataWritten November 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum was a pleasure to visit. Slow time of year so we had it almost to ourselves!!! Loved everything about it, from the info about the First Nations to the animal section to the Gold Rush. So many artifacts collected and displayed. We spent a good 2 plus hours. Definitely recommend!!Written November 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a beautiful spot on the outskirts of Whitehorse. A fun suspension bridge takes you to numerous walking trails on the opposite side of the canyon. The Yukon River really moves quickly through the canyon. It's quite the current. We walked for a while on the trail to the left after crossing the bridge and had beautiful views of the river all along.Written September 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an amazing Interpretive Centre! We took the tour with Tracy and she was delightful to listen to. Full of knowledge and well presented, she gave an entertaining and knowledgeable presentation. Very well done and I could have listened to her for hours!
This is a must-see in my opinion.Written September 20, 2022
- If the sun is out and overhead, the water comes alive with beautiful shades of blue and green. There's a large pullout at the side of the road with some information panels that explain what makes the water such a beautiful colour.Written September 23, 2022
- Well set out, spacious centre co-ordinated by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Groups are well catered for and able to move around the centre easily following their guide. Staff provide excellent service and we were delighted to follow up on their suggestions.
If you visit Whitehorse ( and you should) go to this centre first. You will have a more enriched, immersed experience if you do,Written November 23, 2022
- Unfortunately it was closed for renovations when we visited in Sept 2022 but there was an informative movie in one of the buildings onsite. A well-preserved piece of Klondike history.Written September 23, 2022
- We caught the last call for the tasting room at 5:20 PM. Mark, from Germany, set us up with a tasty flight of beers plus some local spirits made there as well. We left with a couple bottles of raspberry coffee brandy. Also accidently left my cell phone, right at closing time, but was able to pick it up the next morning.Written November 24, 2022
- Amazing place to see, photograph, and listen to the rushing water. Stop by, experience, and take photos and videos.Written August 20, 2022
- A free opportunity to meet local artisans and to see their artwork and crafts. some of which are available for purchase.Written August 12, 2022
- A nice little museum about the special transportation in the north now and then. Good for kids and adultsWritten June 29, 2022
- No need to be anxious with this suspension bridge. It is well-built and steady, and affords a stunning view of the canyon below.Written June 26, 2022
- What a beautiful space. I wanted to buy everything in the store. A great way to support local artists. I would recommend a trip by, just to see the gorgeous pieces.Written April 28, 2022
- I really enjoyed the exhibits in the art gallery that were there in Sept 2022. Beautiful photography, insightful texts, and gorgeous bead work that provided insights into Indigenous culture in the north.Written September 23, 2022
- This was the first place our tour guide brought us to in Yukon and the views here are amazing! We took lots of photos here and it's really interesting to take a closer look at the materials that were used to create the statue.Written December 1, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Whitehorse
- The best day trips from Whitehorse according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- DIY Yukon Tour
- Private luxury shore excursion Skagway, AK to Emerald Lake, Yukon.
- Exclusive Yukon Full-Day Tour with Dog Mushing Adventure
- Arctic Day: Yukon Wildlife & Hot Springs Tour | half day
- Arctic Day: Kluane National Park Tour | full day