Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- This is the second time we visit Whitehorse and North End Gallary is a mist visit place. The merchandise are unique by artist. We bought a few crafted jewellery from them this time. Must visit.Written March 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Always a great stop on my annual visit to Whitehorse. There is always an interesting mix of local artist creations and I don’t always purchase something but always enjoy taking in the creative energy.
Well done keeping this place available.Written April 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- During our stay outside Whitehorse on a mission to witness the magical Aurora, we came across Lumel Gallery and signed up for a 1 hour Hot Date for 2.
What an incredible experience for couples or friends. We had so much fun!
The passion of the team at Lumel is infectious.
The amazing Noah and Alec? guided us through creating 2 ornaments each. Choosing colours was the hardest part!
The ethos, community spirit and community engagement is a credit to the wonderful owners.
The artistic team members made this one-of-a-kind experience safe and one never to be forgotten.
Our creations will make us smile whenever we look at them.
We also bought some other special items made by the local artists as gifts.
The studio is worth taking time to look around with much history and fascinating inclusion of local ash in their creations.
Thank you so much Lumel team …. Lumel Gallery is a Whitehorse community gemWritten February 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I really enjoyed the exhibits in the art gallery that were there in Sept 2022. Beautiful photography, insightful texts, and gorgeous bead work that provided insights into Indigenous culture in the north.Written September 23, 2022
- The Fireweed market is at the Shipyard's Park. I went there on a sunny day, and it was quite busy. Picnic tables and a new playground. Vegetable stands, baked goods, food trucks and craft vendors. Two vendors selling sourdough bread. Found one vendor selling stroopwafels (a Dutch favourite treat). From another food vendor I tried a Haskap ice tea, delicious. The market is on until 3rd week of September. Worth a visit.Written August 30, 2022
- Beautifully tasteful selection of unique gifts. I bought an incredible print by a local artist here that I absolutely love! The soaps are lovely little works of art themselves. Funny cards, jewellery & pottery, all in a sweet little shop. A must see in Whitehorse!Written March 25, 2019
- Paul and his wife are so kind and I found just what I was looking for in their delightful shop. Visiting one of Paul's special rock hunting spots was a definite highlight of my visit to the Yukon. Paul's decades of experience, knowledgeable and passion for rocks and minerals of the area, and beyond, is impressive and his enthusiasm is infectious. He is a true gem!Written September 21, 2023
- This store has a little bit of everything and is a lot of fun to browse. They have fun, stylish souvenirs - something nearly impossible to find in the Yukon generally- and kids books, nifty kitchen supplies, clothing- it’s hard to leave empty handed!Written May 6, 2019
- This is a wonderfully well-stocked quilt shop. It can easily compare to any large US quilt store. The owner is an absolute delight to talk to. She welcomed me quickly and introduced me to her row by row kits and showed me numerous panels she had for sale. There are lovely wildlife quilt kits and many, many yardage options that I have not seen in our local stores. Despite my best intentions to not buy more fabric, I walked away with a quilt kit and a row by row kit. They were too irresistible! Highly, highly recommend this store both for its selection and for its friendly and helpful owner and staff.Written September 18, 2017
- We went into this shop as we sought refuge from the cold. (-36 degrees). The shop offers a wide array of Yukon souvenirs and we especially like the hand-made Yukon soaps! ($1 cheaper than the MacBride Museum gift shop). There are also free samples of the very delicious fudge.Written January 16, 2020
- I didn’t discover this place till the second time I visit Whitehorse. I passed by it without noticing it was a jewelry store with history. I was looking for ivory jewellry and they have larger selection.
Although the design are just standard not like the North End Gallary, the simple design are still long lasting.Written March 25, 2023
- This proprietor was friendly and helpful. The shop has unique gifts and is clean and quiet. This is a nice place to shopWritten July 19, 2017
- A good place to pick up some Yukon bling. Pleasant staff. Fair prices. Especially good for Yukon and Whitehorse clothing.Written September 12, 2022
- I love the Local Yukon yarn and accessories that this shop carries, and you can’t beat the customer service.Written May 23, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Whitehorse
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Whitehorse:See more budget-friendly shopping in Whitehorse on Tripadvisor