What travellers are saying
- This was an option offered at our Northern Lights Resort stay & it turned out to be a not to miss experience! The Preserve is filled with animals rescued from the Yukon wilds. We got up close to a lynx, mountain sheep & goats, a red fox & saw in the distance, caribou, musk oxen and the tip of a moose's antlers. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and regaled us with the habits & habitat of each species. She also told us the histories of how some of the animals arrived at the preserve. This experience is well worth your time when you are visiting Whitehorse.Written November 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I got to see the beauty of Miles Canyon landscape, walking along the Yukon river trail and watching and lessen birds,and others wilds animals. (stunning scenery.Written October 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Emerald Lake represents the furthest travel into the Yukon for cruise ship passengers touring from Skagway. It is also one of the highlights of the tour. The vivid colour of the water is caused by marl, fine particle clays and silt, that reflects the green colour of the spectrum. We visited in May and were able to take photos of snow covered mountains in the background.Written June 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you'd like to taste the true flavor of Canada's Yukon, you definitely need to make a trip to Lake Laberge! Featured In Robert Service' s well-known poem 'The cremation of Sam McGee', the lake has a distinctively Northern look to it - especially when it's covered with ice! At night, the Northern lights flicker in the sky, and there's a crisp chill in the air as you listen to the sounds of ravens and wintering songbirds that stay through the cold season. Even with a few houses around the shore now, there's still a legendary flavor and history present in the landscape around the lake – Easy to get to from the airport in Whitehorse, and only 20 or 30 minutes by car northward. It's a great Canadian destination, with some incredible historyWritten October 8, 2019
- The great thing its only a 5 minute drive from town. You can view right from the bottom of the creek to high up on the cliff. Once you turn left on Fish Lake road drive about 2km up the road and on your left there is an out croft you can park at. The views are amazing. If your lucky you will be above the eagles as they are hunting in the creek. Just be careful as the cliffs are steep off the edge. There are many areas to explore here. Great for picnics for sure.. Enjoy your day!Written June 9, 2017
- Lots of trails; quiet forest walks; scenic views; not too busy with other walkers; parking and toilets available at the trail head.Written September 25, 2021
- WINTER REVIEW:
This little ski-hill is great for family. The Bunny hill is right there near the lodge and had a nice slope to it. The groomers are doing an amazing job on Dan's descent, Hailey'S, and the park. There are a few more runs, 9 in total, but they are closed until more snow adds up to the base. DECEMBER IS OFTEN TOUGH FOR SIMA.
318 meters of vertical drop which is not be bad considering it is only 22 km from Downtown Whitehorse.
This place is a little GEM that bring people out on the slopes, FANTASTIC.
My season pass gives me discount to many ski resorts in BC and Eagle Crest in Juneau!
I am very please with MT-Sima. The last 6-7 years saw a lot of improvements:
the snow-making machines
the bar and choices of good brew/wine.
WE just need snow now, a lot of it!Written December 9, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Whitehorse
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Whitehorse:
- DIY Yukon Tour
- Arctic Day: Aurora Viewing Tour | evening
- Yukon Suspension Bridge and Summit Tour
- Arctic Day: Yukon Wildlife & Hot Springs Tour | half day
- Full-day Guided Skagway Tour to the Yukon and British Columbia
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Whitehorse:See more nature & parks for children in Whitehorse on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Whitehorse:See more nature & parks for couples in Whitehorse on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Whitehorse:See more nature & parks for groups in Whitehorse on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Whitehorse:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Whitehorse on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Whitehorse:See more romantic nature & parks in Whitehorse on Tripadvisor