Ski & Snow Tours • Sightseeing Tours
What travellers are saying
- My experience with Northern Tales was nothing short of exceptional. We embarked on a Northern Lights tour with them and were guided by Jordan. From the moment of airport pick-up, every arrangement was seamless. Witnessing the fantastic lights was truly a magical experience, unlike anything I've ever encountered before. The heated cabins, along with the provision of snacks and hot drinks, ensured we stayed warm throughout. It was a perfect, unforgettable experience.Written November 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabian Schmitz for two winters now has been a member of our crew at the Montane Yukon Arctic Ultra and it has been a real pleasure. He is a true professional and his skills are amazing - both when it comes to interacting with our athletes and other crew members. You could say: "He definitely knows his stuff"! Also, not only is he a bushcraft expert but also very skilled in (wilderness) first aid. We hope he continues working with us for many years to come and I can highly recommend Bushcraft Yukon to anyone who wants true expertise, customer friendly service and reliability when discovering what the Yukon Territory has to offer.Written April 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jeff and his wife are great. We had wonderful three hours there. The dogs are super safe and friendly.Written September 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Yukon after our Alaskan Cruise and was booked with Yukon Home & Tour. Must say the owner and tour leader Khoon was exceptional (haven't see anyone so in love with Lady Aurora). We enjoyed the trip and were extremely well taken care of by our host. 5 stars to this agency any time!!!Written December 2, 2023
- Our Kluane Colours adventure with Terre Boreale was nothing short of spectacular. The scenery was breathtaking and our guides, Dan and Ed were knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and funny to boot. They certainly added some flavour to the experience, especially since they both turned out to be great chefs.
Thank you Terre Boreale for this awesome trip. We love Yukon and will surely be back soon.Written November 18, 2023
- Extremely well organized touring group with guides who have a passion for what they do. Had an amazing time in the Yukon doing a plane tour, dog sledding, snowmobiling and even got to see the Northern lights.Written February 16, 2023
- I did both the snow mobile tour and the dog sledding and both were outstanding!
Derek was so patient and gave clear instructions for using the snow mobile. He talked about the lake and its history and we even got hot chocolate on the mountain!
Nicolas and his pup Yuma were my guides for dog sledding and they were both incredible! It was amazing to work as a team with the dogs and get to see so much of the forest!
I will be telling everyone for a long time that they need these experiences in their lives!Written March 12, 2023
- This was really great!! My mom and I were traveling through Whitehorse and wanted to try this. We had very limited experience and skills but our incredible guide had us comfortable very quickly. The ranch and the scenery are incredible; I also really enjoyed bonding with the animals. The staffs authenticity and passion are very evident without needing to be spoken. I would go again; just a great outfit, great people doing what they love and sharing a small taste of it with us.Written August 20, 2022
- We recently did a whole day trip with Marine and her amazing dogs. This will be for sure one of the highlights of the Yukon trip for us. She is an amazing person who loves her dog and curated an adventure day for us. Join her for an adventure and you won't regret it.Written January 31, 2022
- Fabulous. 3 guides with 3 rafts spoiled 12 guests for 10 days. The guide team of Leon, Justin and Jeremy was congenial, knowledgeable, fun, professional, skilled on the river and skilled in the outdoor kitchen. We ate fabulous menus with lots of fresh vegetables and fruit. They even baked 2 cakes for us. The terrain is mind blowing - glaciers, alpine meadows, rock strewn mud flats, mountains, mountains and more mountains. Saw a lot of animal tracks. Watched a grizzly climb a rock cliff. Two nights slept to the booms of glaciers calving. This is a camping (not clamping) experience. You pitch your own tent. You sleep on the ground. All the camping gear is provided. All was in excellent condition. Worth every pennyWritten August 5, 2019
- Jennine and her family gave us a warm welcome. They were able to supply us with equipment we couldn’t bring ourselves and regaled us with stories of close contact with wild animals, experiences of doing the Yukon Quest many times, filming in movies, tales from previous excursions and from some Yukon notables. Their 45+ years of experience in the Yukon made us feel very safe on our 6 day Wilderness adventure. They taught us some necessary knot tying, had us sail a canoe raft along a windy Lac Laberge and then paddle the Swift Current of the Yukon River to Carmacks. Jennine was unflappable with the trying wet weather, smouldering forest fires and high water level. She also cooks the best bannock we’ve ever had. I highly recommend this gem of a family to lead anyone, newbie or seasoned veteran, in exploring the Yukon.Written July 16, 2022
- We did the ten day Tatshenshini/Alsek raft. We have done a lot of rafting, and this was an amazing experience, with world class scenery, fun rafting and awesome guides. Thank you Max, Andrew, Peter and Aline for your expertise, enthusiasm and culinary skills. You helped make this a trip of a lifetime. The extraordinary good weather helped, but the key was the enthusiasm and skill of our guidesWritten July 14, 2022
- We were a party of 7 who did the "Fly & Enjoy" 6-day canoe trip down the Yukon River from Whitehorse to Carmacks. It was an unforgettable, magical experience in the remote wilderness, miles from nowhere. The float plane flights were an added excitement. Thomas was an excellent, efficient guide - being an authority on the Yukon River and on local history. We felt very safe in his hands even though the water level was exceptionally high. The camp sites were amazing. One offered viewing of a grizzly bear on the opposite bank which we watched for several hours. All the equipment was in first class condition, and Thomas's bush cooking was superb. We saw several bears but sadly no moose - only the mosquitos were a challenge. Thank you, Thomas!Written August 1, 2022
- I completed a guided canoe trip with Ruby Range Adventure Ltd. this July (2023) which saw us paddle from Whitehorse to Dawson City. It was named Yukon River - The Classic...and it was indeed a classic trip! We travelled 730 km over 16 days and then celebrated in beautiful and historic Dawson City before driving back to Whitehorse. The memories will last forever and I loved every minute of it all. I was a solo guest who joined others from Canada, The USA, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and England; our group totaled 14. Our Guides Felix and (later on) Daniel were awesome cooks, knowledgeable, fun, confidence-inspiring, outstanding outdoorsmen, and all-around great! The paddling, the scenery, the wildlife, the co-operative weather, the food, the group dynamics (wing-wow...wing-wow), the laughs, the drifting, the late night and early morning paddles, the incredible feelings of accomplishment and pride as we paddled into Dawson City...I could go on and on. If you are considering this trip then please please do it already!
If my friends want to go next year I'd do it again.Written August 30, 2023
- The highlight of a recent trip to the Yukon was a four day/three night horse packing trip into the Grizzly Mountain Miners Range with Armin and his niece, Mykaela, as guides. Mandy (Armin’s wife), their children, Armin’s parents and two nieces were very much included in this adventure as this family is a team and they were there to send us off on our journey and warmly greet us on our return. Watching Armin and Mandy’s family work together was as much a gift as the horse packing trip! Such warm, welcoming, kind, knowledgeable, experienced, friendly and down to earth wholesome folks.
The horse packing trip through meadows, forests, wetlands and up into the mountains was so incredible and beautiful. I loved the rhythm and pace Armin set, the chance to explore new trails, taking time to identify native plants and trees, view the numerous beaver dams, enjoy the lakes, streams and bogs and, of course, take in the awesome views every minute of the day.
I loved the teamwork of horses, riders (there were four of us), dogs and the leadership of Armin and Mykaela. I loved the food (great cooking Armin!), the campfire chats and the easy comraderie we had.
I truly didn’t want our ride to end. I loved it!
Thank you Armin, Mandy and family for sharing your passion and your lifestyle. Special thanks to Mykaela for your extra TLC.Written September 9, 2022