- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Visited an afternoon in late September. Beautifully situated and lots of animals! Saw every one listed on the website.Written September 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
This canyon is right outside of Whitehorse. A popular place for photo ops, we saw a wedding party there
Beautiful canyon.Written September 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Emerald Lake represents the furthest travel into the Yukon for cruise ship passengers touring from Skagway. It is also one of the highlights of the tour. The vivid colour of the water is caused by marl, fine particle clays and silt, that reflects the green colour of the spectrum. We visited in May and were able to take photos of snow covered mountains in the background.Written June 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The SS Klondike was a riverboat that ran on the. Yukon river for years. There were several boats that looked just like this one. There is also one in Dawson city. This site had a short film, a interpreter and a visitors center full of books about the history of the boats and the Klondike gold rush. The boat is easily accessible as Whitehorse is pretty small. Well worth a visitWritten September 10, 2023
- During our stay outside Whitehorse on a mission to witness the magical Aurora, we came across Lumel Gallery and signed up for a 1 hour Hot Date for 2.
What an incredible experience for couples or friends. We had so much fun!
The passion of the team at Lumel is infectious.
The amazing Noah and Alec? guided us through creating 2 ornaments each. Choosing colours was the hardest part!
The ethos, community spirit and community engagement is a credit to the wonderful owners.
The artistic team members made this one-of-a-kind experience safe and one never to be forgotten.
Our creations will make us smile whenever we look at them.
We also bought some other special items made by the local artists as gifts.
The studio is worth taking time to look around with much history and fascinating inclusion of local ash in their creations.
Thank you so much Lumel team …. Lumel Gallery is a Whitehorse community gemWritten February 28, 2023
- I was on a weekend tour to see the lights. First night was very cloudy, but the facility to wait and watch was warm and comfortable. There is a fire outside if you wish to sit around and chat while roasting marshmallows. Inside there are hot drinks and snacks and comfy places to sit.
Saturday afternoon we went to the Wildlife Preserve which was great! That night the sky was clear and the aurora was visible. There are tripods to use if you didn't bring one, but very basic. If you are a photographer I would suggest bringing your own. The tour guide will also take photos and post online for download if you do not bring a camera. They are very helpful with camera/phone settings for the night sky.
The third day we did a city tour before heading to the airport. It was very nice to see the surrounding area in Whitehorse. Beautiful place!
All of the guides were amazing! We were with Kevin the majority of the time and he was outstanding. Highly recommend this tour company. I look forward to going back again someday!Written September 28, 2023
- Fabian Schmitz for two winters now has been a member of our crew at the Montane Yukon Arctic Ultra and it has been a real pleasure. He is a true professional and his skills are amazing - both when it comes to interacting with our athletes and other crew members. You could say: "He definitely knows his stuff"! Also, not only is he a bushcraft expert but also very skilled in (wilderness) first aid. We hope he continues working with us for many years to come and I can highly recommend Bushcraft Yukon to anyone who wants true expertise, customer friendly service and reliability when discovering what the Yukon Territory has to offer.Written April 6, 2023
- Jeff and his wife are great. We had wonderful three hours there. The dogs are super safe and friendly.Written September 25, 2023
- Khoon and Shirley are a a pair of enthusiastic and warm couple who go out of their way to make sure we had a good time even though weather conditions on the night we went were not ideal. Good location to view aurora and we had the benefit of a warm hit plus plenty of snacks and hot drinks were on offer. Highly recommendedWritten September 24, 2023
- I can’t say enough about our experience this summer with Terre Boreale. My son and I experienced a six day adventure in the Coast Mountains with Max.
This company really lives the leave no trace and respect for our environment to the fullest extent, from homemade meals, to wildlife viewing and routes without human impacted trails.
Every day captured inspiring challenges, both physical and mental, with rewarding views that photos just couldn’t justify.
We both learned so much over the course of our trek. It was gratifying to build on our knowledge, yet empty our minds of regular life at home.
We would highly recommend Terre for anyone interested in this kind of adventure - you will not regret it!Written September 15, 2023
- I did both the snow mobile tour and the dog sledding and both were outstanding!
Derek was so patient and gave clear instructions for using the snow mobile. He talked about the lake and its history and we even got hot chocolate on the mountain!
Nicolas and his pup Yuma were my guides for dog sledding and they were both incredible! It was amazing to work as a team with the dogs and get to see so much of the forest!
I will be telling everyone for a long time that they need these experiences in their lives!Written March 12, 2023
- Extremely well organized touring group with guides who have a passion for what they do. Had an amazing time in the Yukon doing a plane tour, dog sledding, snowmobiling and even got to see the Northern lights.Written February 16, 2023
- This was really great!! My mom and I were traveling through Whitehorse and wanted to try this. We had very limited experience and skills but our incredible guide had us comfortable very quickly. The ranch and the scenery are incredible; I also really enjoyed bonding with the animals. The staffs authenticity and passion are very evident without needing to be spoken. I would go again; just a great outfit, great people doing what they love and sharing a small taste of it with us.Written August 20, 2022
- We arranged our tour from the UK with Teena. She was very helpful from our first contact and proved to be one of the best guides we’ve ever had. She was extremely knowledgeable and very sympathetic to our particular requests. She organised a personal tour into Kluane National Park and for us to visit a special First Nations site. I cannot thank her enough and highly recommend her company for tours in and around Whitehorse.Written June 5, 2023
- Fabulous. 3 guides with 3 rafts spoiled 12 guests for 10 days. The guide team of Leon, Justin and Jeremy was congenial, knowledgeable, fun, professional, skilled on the river and skilled in the outdoor kitchen. We ate fabulous menus with lots of fresh vegetables and fruit. They even baked 2 cakes for us. The terrain is mind blowing - glaciers, alpine meadows, rock strewn mud flats, mountains, mountains and more mountains. Saw a lot of animal tracks. Watched a grizzly climb a rock cliff. Two nights slept to the booms of glaciers calving. This is a camping (not clamping) experience. You pitch your own tent. You sleep on the ground. All the camping gear is provided. All was in excellent condition. Worth every pennyWritten August 5, 2019