Food & Drink
What travellers are saying
- We stopped off at this winery for a late lunch hike visiting the area and as it came recommended by a friend who lives in PE county. We enjoyed the wood oven pizza and salads. Everything so delicious and fresh and service was great. Beautiful grounds and surroundings. Met Norm briefly as he made his rounds of the dining tables. My friend and I also did a tasting. I did not particularly care for the wine but overall we had a lovely time here.Written October 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I visited for a tasting and ended up ordering a cheese plate and a hummus plate to share for lunch. We sat in an outdoor pergola and really enjoyed the breeze and the ambience. The selection of cheeses and meat and crackers was just right. The hummus was locally made.Written September 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had an amazing group tasting at Harwood Estates. The staff were so friendly, genuine and knowledgeable. The little food pairings with the flight was a great addition to the great wines. Beautiful property. We will definitely be back. Thanks!Written June 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very Nice winery. During COVID it is outside patio tasting only, which is a good thing for sure. Staff were great, friendly and knowledgeable. The ground were well kept and tidy. They had sanitizer for everyone to use. Nice wines.Written July 10, 2020
- What a great atmosphere. Great wine collection and fabulous service! Will definitely be back. Signing up for their wine club.Written September 10, 2023
- We stopped in here on a beautiful fall day and enjoyed a flight of wines each. We were a little skeptical about what our experience would be like when we came across the big purple barn, but don't let that fool you. Because there was no food available for purchase we were allowed to set up our own little mini picnic in the garden. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the quiet. We had some interesting conversations regarding the vineyards and their production with our server, which is always appreciated as it is always a learning experience we are after. Wine was purchased! We would definitely return and recommend.Written January 25, 2022
- Amazing wines & port's, I wish I had bought twice as much as I had bought, some tge best wines I have had and I have had nothing but compliments from the friends I shared this wine with.Written October 24, 2023
- Really cute place with European style hot dogs. It’s possible to buy a tasting kit which was an amazing idea but the white wine was not cold so we did not enjoy as much as we wanted. Overall pretty good!Written July 24, 2021
- Great pasta! All of us loved our lunch and felt it was good value. Nice ambiance in the restored barn. Cashier could have been friendlier but thankfully the pasta chefs were wonderfully friendly. We were surprised to see only two wines and one cider available for tasting or buying. Samples were very expensive ($3 each) and a 5oz glass of wine was $14. We felt a sample should be included with lunch, at least. Overall, a good experienceWritten July 31, 2023
- Wonderful hospitality, great award winning wines .. a rare gem. A must see place for wine lovers visiting Prince Edward County!Written June 29, 2023
- Batista is a master craftsman! His wines are 100% estate grown and are some of the best the County has to offer. He spent at least 45 minutes with the 4 of us and everyone raved about their experience and all bought wine!
Thanks for making our tasting experience so special!Written June 6, 2023
- Great food and good beer. Also able to get wine by the glass. We had heaters at the table so we stayed nice and warm while we enjoyed our drinks and food.Written November 12, 2023
- Great winery. My husband and I stopped in for a tasting. They have great sparkling wines. Yes I walked away with 2 bottles. A must stop on the wines route.Written May 30, 2022
- Trail offers some very different wines, including orange wines. Good quality wine. My only suggestion would be to offer tastings instead of purchasing only by the glass. With such drastically different offerings such as many skin-contact (orange) wines, I would have loved the chance to try more than one, unless you want to sip from your partner's glass.Written August 23, 2022
- Went to this place on a wine tour in the area. The Gentleman giving the tasting was very pleasant, helpful and knew the wines very well. The prices were one of the more reasonable in the area and one of the better wines we had all day.
I would go back if in the areaWritten August 16, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Hillier
- These are the best places for groups seeking food & drink in Hillier:See more food & drink for groups in Hillier on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for food & drink in Hillier:See more romantic food & drink in Hillier on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for food & drink in Hillier:See more hidden gem food & drink in Hillier on Tripadvisor